Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New app blows. Change it back.

I am uninstalling it after I hit submit. This fucking blows. It's impossible to browse. You can only see 2 or 3 posts at a time. What fucking retarded reject from an offshore contractor developed this abortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Even if you disable everything you can only see 3 or 4 threads

Uninstalled.

Your mobile browser version doesn't work at all.

The full version of the site is unusable on a phone because the side bar takes half the screen.

Fix it fast or people will leave completely including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Fix it fast or people will leave completely including me.
    too easy
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You can go into the app settings and have quite a bit of configurability. What mobile OS are you on btw?

Lollipop

I redownloaded it to see... even with everything configured and all the shit turned off, down, and small, you can only see 3-4 discussions... 20% of the screen in occupied by the top bar so I can click on "trending" whenever I want. Stupid shit.

In all honesty, the mobile theme should be removed from the theme list. I don't know who built it...it was before my time.

The mobile app is managed by Tapatalk. It looks like they updated it with some new hipster card layout with cover photos, etc. It sure does add a lot of scrolling. The cover images and a couple other items can be removed in the settings to make it a little more bearable if you are used to the compact table layout.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    In all honesty, the mobile theme should be removed from the theme list. I don't know who built it...it was before my time.

The mobile app is managed by Tapatalk. It looks like they updated it with some new hipster card layout with cover photos, etc. It sure does add a lot of scrolling. The cover images and a couple other items can be removed in the settings to make it a little more bearable if you are used to the compact table layout.
    dang... stupid tapatalk

check out www.emtlife.com or www.cloudnights.com their mobile layout is so good it is far better to use that on mobile browsers than tapatalk... I know they aren't vbulletin though

New app blows. Change it back.

iOS update seems to have lost the ability to reply & quote when you're on the last page of a thread in the longer threads. As soon as you click to the last page, the text box for replying disappears from the bottom of the screen & when you click on a post there's no popup to quote...but there are invisible ads camouflaged to look like posts, so at least you've got that going for you
    On a 5s, if that matters

[edit]and now that I posted this, it's functioning again...wtf?

I cannot login in on the new app. As in, I click the login button, and nothing happens. No opportunity to input my username and password. Help! I need my fix!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I cannot login in on the new app. As in, I click the login button, and nothing happens. No opportunity to input my username and password. Help! I need my fix!!!
    What's the phone model / OS?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    What's the phone model / OS?
    iphone 6. iOS 9.3.1 (the most up-to-date).

I found an outdated server component and updated it - see if that did anything. In the meantime, I need to find an iOS device to test with.

Updated iOS app on ipad doesn't work. Can't reply to threads, can't reply with quote, nothing, just read only. Sponsored content seems to have taken it's place. Had to log in from a desktop computer to post this.

I found that refreshing the pages brings up the txt box. What a Nice feature

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Updated iOS app on ipad doesn't work. Can't reply to threads, can't reply with quote, nothing, just read only. Sponsored content seems to have taken it's place. Had to log in from a desktop computer to post this.
    Same here. Fricken unbelievable!

Does anyone test this sh1t before pushing out broken updates?

Guess I'm glad I didn't upgrade.. I'll keep what works

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    iphone 6. iOS 9.3.1 (the most up-to-date).
    Still can't log in. Bummer.

I'm guessing the Tapatalk engine is the culprit. It's what I use and it started getting squirrelly after a recent update.

1. When quoting text, it sometimes grabs text from a couple of posts.

2. Using either the phones dedicated back arrow (Android) or that of the app, jumps me back all the way back to the main Tapatalk screen.

Sounds as if the iOS version sucks even more.

...Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    That's exactly what happened on my iPhone. I deleted and reloaded the app and got the updated version. Whole different look, with the most recent photo from each thread displayed, but at least full functionality is back.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

The ads fucking suck. Do people really click on that shit? Maybe I'm different but I never use those sorta links. Makes this place look super cheesy
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    The ads fucking suck. Do people really click on that shit? Maybe I'm different but I never use those sorta links. Makes this place look super cheesy
    after reinstalling the ads are gone. At least the new ads, there are still a few TGR banner ads. I'm starting to like seeing the most recent photo in the threads...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Ok I'll try that later. Off to Ebbetts Pass.

Thanks Tye
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I use the tapatalk app for Android and haven't had any problems for a long time as long as I keep it up to date. Sometimes my settings reset after an update, but it's easy to get rid of all the photos and avatars on the feed. I also pay the $.99/mo for no ads. Imo, totally worth it, I can't stand ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    after reinstalling the ads are gone. At least the new ads, there are still a few TGR banner ads. I'm starting to like seeing the most recent photo in the threads...
    After uninstalling and reinstalling, I can now log in. I had the most up-to-date version too, so not sure why uninstalling works, but it does.