Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Lots of car camping over on the Teton Valley side. Your best bets are Moose Creek, Darby Creek, and Teton Canyon. You can sneak into the summer trailhead for Mail Cabin too.

Just did a great sufferfest out in the Bigholes (if you like that sort of thing... which I do).

http://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7006782

S Fork Horseshoe to Elk Flats, down South Canyon Creek and up North Canyon, up to the ridge and back out S Fork Horseshoe. 24 miles, 4400', 5.5 hrs. It was hot and buggy, even moondusty down S Canyon. Saw one group of hikers on our way out S Fork Horseshoe- no-one else all day. Epic wild singletrack all day long. No photos.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I like Thai Me Up/ Melvin the best (altho snake river brew pub is also good)
    TMU was an option for our dining pleasure tonight so maybe we'll bump into you. I have brown hair and will be in bike clothes and andrew has blonde (almost white) hair and beard so he's easy to spot in a crowd.
    Showed up late with a few of the hub guys. They have many delicious beers.
    Probably riding with Aaron tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what/where.
    I got chased off Phillips zone tonight, between a squishy front tire, malfunctioning co2 and cracking lighting, I made a responsible decision. Jjust did Arrow/snotel loop-which was super fun. Great trail.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    I got chased off Phillips zone tonight, between a squishy front tire, malfunctioning co2 and cracking lighting, I made a responsible decision.
    I feel vindicated.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Action Jackson to Mill Creek rode really well today.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Showed up late with a few of the hub guys. They have many delicious beers.
    Probably riding with Aaron tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what/where.
    I got chased off Phillips zone tonight, between a squishy front tire, malfunctioning co2 and cracking lighting, I made a responsible decision. Jjust did Arrow/snotel loop-which was super fun. Great trail.
    Did Phillips Canyon in the rain/lightning last night, didn't see another soul. Three large new blow downs on the descent, though.
    HMS, was any of the stuff on your ride part of last weeks moto festival? Troy's FB post made it sound ugly...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Phillips Canyon to Pako's and tacos last night. Goddamn, that's some good livin.

Were the blowdowns cleared?

Nope, but just had a few towards the top.

Are there any good cliff jumping/ rope swing spots in or around Jackson?

Only spots I know are kelly cliffs on the Gros ventre and phelps lake. Both Around 20 feet

Fun staycation lap on blacks today. Riding pretty good considering how dry it's been!

Of course, the wind was a bit sketchy for hitting jumps... Almost went completely over the bars landing flat past one of the parallel jumps later entirely on my nose thanks to the tailwind assist. Definitely saw shoulder contacting ground and no good coming of it. Phew!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Has anyone ridden Ditch Creek to Horsetail recently? Haven't done that ride in fifteen years. Curious if it is moto'd out or otherwise degraded.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Has anyone ridden Ditch Creek to Horsetail recently? Haven't done that ride in fifteen years. Curious if it is moto'd out or otherwise degraded.
    Have had friends ride it, last year I think.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Any Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Any Beta?
    Honestly I would ask HVskier. I know he's ridden it. I know it's a super long climb for a fun but short decent.

It was about 2 years ago that I rode it. It was in good shape then but who knows this summer with the relentless dust. Maybe the bog up top will actually be dry though.