Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Braaapin' Jackson 2016

Skibird is owed credit for inspiring me to get this thread going. To summer!

Name:  JDesabris_Bike_Park_3.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  160.7 KB

Exciting and interesting things I have heard for 2016:

-Skyline build project. #moretrail, eventually

-Some of the Village bike park trails may need to get moved around with Sweetwater construction going on. Have heard conflicting reports.

-New Harlan-built flow trail built out in Dubois. Pretty interested in checking it out this spring.

Fire away, drop in. Have heard of folks riding lower Nelson so far and having to walk around a mud section towards the bottom. Waiting mostly for this warm weather to do its work on the Cache Creek trails.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Please don't let Sprocket Rockets turn into a full page of "Official 2016 Location-XYZ Thread" like the main Ski/Snowboard forum.... I can't remember the last time I even clicked on that page because of it.

(but yeah, I hope to get back up there this fall for a scouting trip)

Don't worry smokan I think we've only ever been one of maybe two or three local threads in sprockets. Otherwise plenty of space for top level bike nerdery
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Brraaaapppp!!!!

I'm going to toss some more snow off Parallel this afternoon. Its up to the higher ups as to when its rideable, but the bottom section is melting out.

Anyone have any voodoo magic to help me get on a bike quicker? joking

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Brraaaapppp!!!!

I'm going to toss some more snow off Parallel this afternoon. Its up to the higher ups as to when its rideable, but the bottom section is melting out.

Anyone have any voodoo magic to help me get on a bike quicker? joking
    Yew! May head to Dubois Sunday for a multi sport adventure day if I can line it all up. Would love to hit those short chutes off togwotee then ride the new Dubois trail.

On a separate note, anybody got a beater road bike in JH they're looking to dump?

Someone dug out the rock garden at the top of Parallel so its rideable top to bottom, the downed trees were removed today, and the last of the snow down low has been shoveled off! Its still a little damp in spots, so be careful. Shred on!

Rode up snow King drive to Hagen to the bottom of ferrins. One downed tree between there and cache creek, a few slick and mud spots but not bad. Wiggle is totally dry through sidewalk down to Nelson. Bone dry actually. Surprised how quick all that melted out! Didn't explore higher than the wiggle or on putt putt proper in the woods but imagine it's getting close! Will be taking advantage of the rain to clean up my bike. Btw will be selling my Pivot Mach 6 if anyone's interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Rode up snow King drive to Hagen to the bottom of ferrins. One downed tree between there and cache creek, a few slick and mud spots but not bad. Wiggle is totally dry through sidewalk down to Nelson. Bone dry actually. Surprised how quick all that melted out! Didn't explore higher than the wiggle or on putt putt proper in the woods but imagine it's getting close! Will be taking advantage of the rain to clean up my bike. Btw will be selling my Pivot Mach 6 if anyone's interested!
    I saw pics and a vid of the new trail in Debois, damn, it looks fun and flow. Im up for a trip!

I walked up part of Put Put on Saturday and it was damp, but solid, I wasn't leaving foot prints and the people riding were not leaving ruts anywhere. It got me itching to ride, few more months...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1461630847.227916.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	181366

It's pretty fun man. Checked it out yesterday with a friend. Were trying to do a multisport day but the fog shut our ski down on Togwotee. Pedaled around Dubois for a few hours instead. Harlan gave us a shuttle up and told us to check the Dubois weather for wind when you come and add 5-10 mph for the trail area. It was FURIOUSLY windy when we were there and the climbs were a bit brutal. But the trail is a really really fun flow trail. Main jump line (part of it is pictured) is really fun and absolutely butter. Came off my pedals on a whip and road rashed the shit out of my back in the resulting ragdoll but it was a real fun day. What I would give if this trail was off Rafferty lift at snow king...

Braap, really?

Thread title had me thinking you were hiding this years hill climb article in sprocket section!

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Braap, really?

Thread title had me thinking you were hiding this years hill climb article in sprocket section!
    That's what Google Cache is for

Looks sweet! We'll have to make a Jackson Jong trip!

Ill toss some dirt on Snow King if they add in lift access mountain biking, give most of us a reason to buy DH sleds! My mind is going crazy thinking of the possibilities...

that dubois trail looks fun- wish is was a bit longer to justify making that drive over there but always a scenic drive I guess

we rd the horseshoe trails over in driggs last w/e and it was dry and excellent riding
    apparently there were some snow patches in the trees on S.bound (I think - I am not super familiar with those trail names yet) but anyhow- good riding until this week of precip came in....

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    that dubois trail looks fun- wish is was a bit longer to justify making that drive over there but always a scenic drive I guess

we rd the horseshoe trails over in driggs last w/e and it was dry and excellent riding
    apparently there were some snow patches in the trees on S.bound (I think - I am not super familiar with those trail names yet) but anyhow- good riding until this week of precip came in....
    Oh right on! Was wondering if stuff was melted out that way yet or not.

There seems to be an interesting weekend road trip potential out past Togwotee... either ski en route or ride the trail or two off the pass in the summer, ride Overlook in Dubois, and either carry on and mini-Rampage it on the badlands-esque dribble castle formations or head to Lander where I understand there is quite a bit of riding.

Gorgeous drive though, like you said, and that was definitely some outdoor soul food in its own way.

oh man Dunfree, thought you guys finally sacked up and created a dirt biker sub.

Lots of riders on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    oh man Dunfree, thought you guys finally sacked up and created a dirt biker sub.

Lots of riders on here.
    Do we need one now? Pretty sure you guys belong in the bullfighting forum

Dirtbike forum forum would be sick
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Parallel, well the go arounds since jumps are now in the formal with a cast, rode awesome today! Heard Cashe Creek/ Game Creek/Hagens has some wet/muddy spots still. God I love riding bikes and street food tacos, together made today was awesome!

glad to hear you got to get out skibrd
    nothing feels better after an injury!
    edit: be super careful though!!

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Dirtbike forum forum would be sick
    Count me in...

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    glad to hear you got to get out skibrd
    nothing feels better after an injury!
    edit: be super careful though!!
    Yes mom, I will, lol. Come shred! Im slow and cautious, but riding bikes is FUN, and I have more fun then everyone else riding bikes!
    Last edited by skibrd; 05-03-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Aspen trail has a few muddy spots but otherwise is tacky and in great shape.

I'm thinking I may be passing through the area on Monday or Tuesday. Anyone care to meet up for a ride or point me towards some trails?

For reference I am not all about the gnar and probably don't get as rad as Dunfee although my cutoffs do look better. I generally prefer long alpine rides but would imagine none of that is dry yet, some nice fast trails in the trees would great, preferably bear free.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    I'm thinking I may be passing through the area on Monday or Tuesday. Anyone care to meet up for a ride or point me towards some trails?

For reference I am not all about the gnar and probably don't get as rad as Dunfee although my cutoffs do look better. I generally prefer long alpine rides but would imagine none of that is dry yet, some nice fast trails in the trees would great, preferably bear free.
    Horseshoe trails W. of Driggs.

Just was at the village shooting a little TGR vid. Rico and company is doing a full rebuild of True Grit and the finished sections we saw looked awesome. Giant bowling berms with transfer jumps. Can't wait to ride it!