Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Cool! Can't wait for friday night bikes there
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Cool! Can't wait for friday night bikes there
    The woman responsible for summer events at the village was in the office and I was begging her to run the lifts from 5-8 two nights a week and actually get some local traffic. Guess they can only really operate with one shifts length of lifties though :/. But, but... The potential!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Is it a chicken or egg thing with the village? The lifts are not running when the locals can ride so the locals dont show up to ride and support the bike park, so the village doesn't think the locals will show up to ride if they are open later? If that make sense?

3 more weeks until the bike park opens and we get to give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Is it a chicken or egg thing with the village? The lifts are not running when the locals can ride so the locals dont show up to ride and support the bike park, so the village doesn't think the locals will show up to ride if they are open later? If that make sense?

3 more weeks until the bike park opens and we get to give it a shot!
    I think so. I have no idea how many locals actually would show up were it to be open after work, but Whistler has made a pretty big business of the after-work scene. They seem to have two ladies' nights each week, a race, and a clinic, as well as a 5-9 PM pass you can get. I suggested they do split shifts and run 10-2 and then maybe 4-8, but again, hard to figure out logistically for lifties I suppose.

I am still amazed there seems to be no official plan to grow the bike park, but I have heard from multiple folks that they're thinking of building trails off Casper once Sweetwater is up and running. They don't seem like they've really investigated the bike park possibilities with regards to business from core riders, and maybe think they're too late to the game to take advantage. Still, based off the sheer number of out of towners driving in to ride the Pass on the weekends, I'd be hard-pressed to not see a potential for business there. Anyways... at least they're cool with people pedaling around the trails there at any hour of the day.

Do people think Shadow is dried out yet? Could be a good weekend for a party and pedal up there...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

I heard that about Whistler, and always wondered if it was locals, or people driving up for the evening from Vancouver, but thats a big drive for 4 hours of riding.

I might be up for an adventure this weekend!

Maybe once the bike park opens we could get people to go up one night a week the lifts are not spinning to ride, maybe Wednesdays? Show the village people are interested.

Looking for a bike travel case to buy/rent/borrow for a trip. Anyone in town have one that would fit this description? I really only need it to get to Belfast since Im taking a ship back to the states. I can ship it to you in late June/early July.

Anybody tried to ride Phillips Canyon yet?

Also skibird you could get a bike box and padding from a shop and pack it up that way

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Anybody tried to ride Phillips Canyon yet?

Also skibird you could get a bike box and padding from a shop and pack it up that way
    Philips Canyon snow free! Getting to Lithium is a snowy adventure, but well worth it. Hope everyone who made it out had a blast at the Pass Bash. Following Sir Dunfee around definitely qualifies as a blast!

Ditto that. Arrow to snotel to Phillips Ridge. Fun scene at the Coach and a free ride up. What's not to like?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1387.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	183652

Sir Dunfee at the top of Lithium yesterday afternoon. Hope everyone is getting after it!

Things are looking real Purdy at munger right now. Not overgrown yet neither.

howdy friends, I am headed back to the fine state of Wyoming and will be passing through Jackson. I will be in Shoshone NF but need to make my way to Teton NP by Friday, if anyone wants to ride later in the week I would love to get out.

ETA.
    I ended up riding the new trail in Dubois, kinda meh. Nice jump lines but pretty short, the rest of the trail didn't do much for me. I did however spend some time climbing/riding farther south on 287 and really enjoyed myself. It seems a ton of new trails are being built outside Lander and all of the ones I rode were $$. I'm looking forward to making it back before the snow starts falling, Phillips Ridge/Canyon and a backcountry ride around Togwotee are at the top of my list right now.

I can't recommend making the drive to Lander enough, beautiful drive in itself, fun trails, good climbing too if you're into that sort of thing. One of the guys I talked to at the local shop said another new 15 mile trail should hopefully be finished by the end of the summer.
    Last edited by ghosthop; 06-25-2016 at 12:26 AM.

HOLY SHIT!!! Just ran into Jared graves and Curtis Keene at the base of the pass. They had just ridden jimmys. So cool!

They're in town for a few days so keep your eyes peeled!

Top 5 Wydaho trails please..... serious.

Rather than re-type the info- go check out this article:

http://mountainbiketetons.org/region/suggested-rides/

I agree completely with just about all her choices, except I would put a few other things above a Pole Canyon to MikeSell.

Targhee is riding incredibly well, as are the Bigholes. Same for the pass, where my favorite would be some combination of Arrow- Phillips Canyon- Phillips Ridge- Snotel.

Other folks are better qualified to talk about Snow King and the downhill trails on the pass.

Braaapin' Jackson 2016

It's the 11th hour (almost literally)...but does anyone have general advice on decent road-ish ride, dirt roads would be great, out of Driggs? Just a direction to head would even be good. Looking to pedal around a bit early tomorrow am. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    It's the 11th hour (almost literally)...but does anyone have general advice on decent road-ish ride, dirt roads would be great, out of Driggs? Just a direction to head would even be good. Looking to pedal around a bit early tomorrow am. Thanks in advance!
    the one that comes to mind quickest, which might also be the boringist, is heading west on Bates or whatever the name is the other end of ski hill road, at the stoplight. Go 4 miles to 4000, turn right onto the dirt, cruise up past the Links golf course and through semi-rolling farm fields...I'm sure you could make a loop out of it but i haven't and am too lazy to look it up....
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Braaapin' Jackson 2016

Perfect, that's kinda what I was thinking. What if I turned left? Dirt roads towards Victor?

Edit: yay maps
    Last edited by joetron; 06-28-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Excellent suggestion Tye. Thank you. Got a nice little 20mi loop in this morning before work. Moose traffic jam, Sandhill crane, chased by a basset hound and besides 33 and a little construction zone on Bates, I only encountered 1 car....awesome start to the day and burned off delicious beers from Tatanka.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1467228546.979469.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	184473

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1467228609.375747.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	184474

Anybody going to Music on Main tmrw? If you see a beardo in a Shimano hat say hey and I'll buy beers.

Anybody going to Music on Main tmrw? If you see a beardo in a Shimano hat say hey and I'll buy beers.
    nice! great way to start the day and so nice and cool in the am's
    not sure if we're doing music on main tmrw but bet Tye one on is there and if we do go will keep our eyes peeled for ya. holler if you want to do any mtb rides too as I have Fri- Mon off woot!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Top 5 Wydaho trails please..... serious.
    second HMsalsa's recs.
    But to narrow it down to 5 trails, it'd be best to know whether you prefer more of the xc side/ or more DH-ish

Arrow- Phillips Canyon is probably my favorite ride and then as she mentions you can ride back up Phillips Ridge trail (different than Phillips Canyon trail) to Snotel and back to your car or some of us lazier types will just hitch a ride back up to the car from the Stagecoach bar at the base of the pass

Also Black's canyon accessed from the top of the pass. techy and fast enough to keep you on your toes but every part of it is ridable....then there's Lithium, which is accessed just about 1/4 mile before Black's trail head but that is quite a bit more DH oriented and some parties that are more xc oriented don't enjoy it as much (fun as hell tho if you like some challenging riding)
    Then our DH only trails- Fuzzy Bunny, Jimmy's mom and parallel are all equally as fun imo (and often you do all 3 as 1 run)

in town the greater snow king area trails are super fun and are riding well. They are accessed from the Cache creek trailhead or snow king mtn right in downtown. And you can really spend a few hours and ride most of those trails-- or just do a shorter ride as they are easy to link up or many places to bail out of the trail system back to town. Fav's in that area are: Ferrins, Hagen to sink or swim are the best imo and not a top 5'er but deserves a mention- Cache to Game ride is also a fun, slightly mellower trail (but a little longer as you end up having to ride bike path back to town for a couple miles.)

you coming for a visit too HBM?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    nice! great way to start the day and so nice and cool in the am's
    not sure if we're doing music on main tmrw but bet Tye one on is there and if we do go will keep our eyes peeled for ya. holler if you want to do any mtb rides too as I have Fri- Mon off woot!
    Heading back to SLC on Friday, but will be riding that Phillips loop at about 6 tonight....or possibly a Blacks.
    Will be drinking beer in Jackson tonight, probably some Melvins. Any other good tap lists in town?

Heading back to SLC on Friday, but will be riding that Phillips loop at about 6 tonight....or possibly a Blacks.
    Will be drinking beer in Jackson tonight, probably some Melvins. Any other good tap lists in town?
    I like Thai Me Up/ Melvin the best (altho snake river brew pub is also good)
    TMU was an option for our dining pleasure tonight so maybe we'll bump into you. I have brown hair and will be in bike clothes and andrew has blonde (almost white) hair and beard so he's easy to spot in a crowd.
    skid luxury

Might be heading that way this weekend. Does this place get super crowded July 4th weekend? I'm guessing it's not like Colorado where the entire Front Range pours into the mountains....

I can pedal all day, but in it for the DH. I'm thinking I'll check out the pass and Targhee trails for sure. I want at least one epic 3K+ vert ride!

How is the car camping situation out there? I was looking at some of the dirt roads that (East/West) go towards the tetons near Grand Targhee resort.