Fve Weeks of Freedom Where to go?

I have from now to Memorial weekend off work. WooHoo

Got a truck ready to drive pretty much anywhere

Home range is the eastern Sierra

Without getting on a plane....where would you go for touring?

Places I have been
    Eastside, Shasta, Lassen, Washington/Mt Baker area, SLC,SLT, Colorado ( San Juans)

Places I haven't been but interested in
    Rubies, Mt Hood, Mt Washington, Anything in Oregon

I'd bring a mountain bike and hit Moab and Fruita.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

yeah, was thinking that. I also want to get some aerial shots from my drone. Inspire one. I have to make a new demo reel and some action sport filming would be great.

any takers? Solo shooter so would need help getting gear up the hill

you should look up Tedski, he was in a similar situation and truly made his time off incredible not just for him but for all of us.

I Made It

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ted.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	180983

Thanks. I have been looking for that link for the last six months. Best shit I ever read on the whole internet EVAH

but, I don't think my knar bar or my IQ is as high as Tedski.

im just looking for afew days of fun and good snow

not wanting to relocate and buy another double wide

It's a really nice time to hit the Alaska Highway. Lots of daylight and way less RV traffic than middle of June on. Blackcomb is open until the end of May for lift serviced skiing on the way up. Inside passage Ferry ride, Cassiar highway up, Alaska down. Check out Skagway, Haines, Whitehorse, maybe up to Dawson, fuck it, drive to Eagle Plains and get above the 60. 5 Weeks is lots of time for a Northern Tour.

WA has a bunch of interesting stuff outside Baker: Adams, Rainier (Chinook, Sunrise, Inter Glacier), N. Cascades (Highway 20). Then there's Bend and environs (broken top, sisters, etc).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd bring a mountain bike and hit Moab and Fruita.
    My vote. I did a month straight in the desert mostly mtn biking. Its Cheap, easy living and Never rains. There's tons of options from Fruita, grand junction, westwater, moab, virgin, st George, swell, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I'd start with some Eastside action (of course) for the first week or two and then work my way north trying to bag summits and descents off of every major strato-volcano in the Cascades. Then I'd turn around and mountain bike all of Oregon (Hood River, Oakridge, Black Rock, Umpqua, Bend, Ashland).

I'm taking the first week of May off to ski stuff in the Eastside with a buddy if you're around.

If you go to moab/fruita etc hit up the la sals. you drive right to the snow and the peaks approach 13k. there are some with more gnar than this as well
    Name:  mountain-collective-690.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  326.6 KB

and colorado is in a good cycle right now.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Gilbert
    True happiness comes from within, the whiteroom.

I did plan on starting at Gilbert Best way to start any trip. But, I don't have the entire 5 weeks to explore. Im thinklinh- Lassen,Shasta, and some Oregon Volcano action

What a trip. So much good skiing and biking to be had.

I’d start in the eastern Sierra and work my way north on 395/97 to Bend (Adams, Baker, or Whistler). For the trip south I’d take I5 and hit Oak Ridge, Shasta, Lassen, Downieville.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    It's a really nice time to hit the Alaska Highway. Lots of daylight and way less RV traffic than middle of June on. Blackcomb is open until the end of May for lift serviced skiing on the way up. Inside passage Ferry ride, Cassiar highway up, Alaska down. Check out Skagway, Haines, Whitehorse, maybe up to Dawson, fuck it, drive to Eagle Plains and get above the 60. 5 Weeks is lots of time for a Northern Tour.
    I like this idea the most. As GC said the timing is right. IMO this trip has the most potential to change your life (in a good way).

If you don't go that far I would hit the volcanos north.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap