Removing Full Deck Traction?

Got a freebie board a year ago. It's 7'6" Ward Coffee with tri lokbox setup and full deck traction. I tried to use it and the traction really annoys me. I have a shop a few blocks away that can turn it into a quad Future setup, but don't want to make the investment without the traction off. Any suggestions?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I've kinda wondered the same thing. Have a tail pad that is basically self disintegrating over time and there are some nasty hard glue bits underneath. Would like to remove it all and start fresh. Not sure if that is possible.

I rebuilt a SUP for a client last month because top of deck was compressed under foot. He wanted to double the glass on entire board. Took about an hour with razor knife and another hour with angle grinder to remove glue bits and gelcoat. Pain in the arse but only way to get down to the glass

razor to get the pad off, solvent to get the rubber cement soft enough to scrape off,
    MEK would be worth a try, denatured alcohol possible, whatever you do,,don't use paint
    stripper, it will liquify the polyester resin

Months of fucking off with the razor, finally started to see the light. Around November, got an adhesive remover and finally got the pad off completely. To the shop for Future quad boxes and fins ordered. Big day in January, BIG argument with the wife before leaving. Headed down to Pleasure Point in SC, paddled out. Had a funny feeling before I went out. Really funny. Blew threw the lineup, all the way down to the stairs on 38th. Bitch of a paddle. Got out and turned around, saw a reform about to slam me into the stairs. I threw the board away from my body and dove towards the bottom of the wave. Got picked up and slammed over and over into the rocks. Ironically, the fins were all smashed out. So much damage all over the board, and I'd taken quite the blow on the rocks. A few days before, I'd had a friend drop a board in a parking lot, and then he threw it down on the rocks and peeled out in his vehicle, swearing and sporting stickers from various city agencies and non-profits. It stuck me as childish, and I was determined to make this as little of a scene as possible. I took several (dozen) deep breaths, hiked up the stairs and went to my car. I had the Hypto Krypto in the car, and forced myself to take that out. Got several waves without incident. Buried the board in the OB boneyard that night. I don't regret it, I only wish I'd simply had a board shaped custom instead of taking a gift board from a buddy that was headed to prison. That board carried emotion and guilt for me. Not for what I'd done, but when I couldn't have helped. I think that, in the future, if anyone offers me a free board, the answer is no thanks.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I have been going through a real battle with this. The most helpful thing I found was a rubber grinder disc specifically for rubbing leftover adhesives off paint/fiberglass...it was marketed to automotive racers who change sponsors/numbers a lot.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/3m--s...FRSewAodxOcPzA

Um....the only thing I'd say about that wheel is that it's fucking expensive. After mega rounds of dicking around with scraping and grinding, and numerous instances of grinding too deep and having to gel coat those spots...it's probably worth it because it works so easily and won't damage anything.

anyway, that thing helped. I had no idea such a thing existed until I ran into it getting parts for my pickup truck.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I don't regret it, I only wish I'd simply had a board shaped custom instead of taking a gift board from a buddy that was headed to prison. That board carried emotion and guilt for me. Not for what I'd done, but when I couldn't have helped. I think that, in the future, if anyone offers me a free board, the answer is no thanks.
    Man, you don't even know how much I relate to that. My first board came from the late brother of one of our own tgr maggots. I couldn't do it proper justice, I thought it would be best for it to go to a kid so she could learn. This was my old firefighting buddy's kid...it's been a lot of years and he's not what he used to be (pill junkie) and he/she/they just wrecked the board. After a few weeks it was just huge dings everywhere, fins ripped out, total waterlog....and it upsets me that I sort of allowed that. I should still have that board, it was my first board and F*ck You Cat's brother's last. :-(

Baggage.