Spring Wasatch touring partners/Snowbird Gates

Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying I'm aware that there's a very similar thread posted on this same forum, but I wasn't seeing much of a response and I also have some different things I wanted to discuss.

My name is Matt, I'm 24 years old, and I moved out here last May from Morgantown, West Virginia after graduating from school (though I'm originally from Philadelphia). I have a huge passion for the mountains and generally any activity that involves wilderness or the outdoors.

I'm new to touring (maybe that's why no one responded haha) so I'd be looking for a partner/partners who could help show me the ropes. I've taken some steps to gain prior knowledge of the backcountry by reading an Avy book, practicing my beacon, and well as attending seminars, so I do have a small foundation of knowledge to build on.

I work graveyards so I'M AVAILABLE TO TOUR ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. The only catch is that on Thursdays, Friday's, Saturday's, Sunday's I would prefer to to be back early (3pm) so I can get to bed for work at 10pm...Monday Tuesday Wednesday I'm off so no time restrictions.

Lastly, I ride up at Bird almost everyday....I've really taken advantage of the in bounds touring gates but I NEED to venture into White Pine Canyon through the Gad 2/White Pine Gate. Is anyone who also rides at bird looking for touring partners through the White Pine gait on a daily basis?

Hopefully this sparks a nice conversation. I'd like to get in as many tours and meet as many new friends as I can before the season is over.

My number is:
    (six 1 zero) three zero 8- one 5 five six

Happy Shredding,

Matt

Matt,

Welcome to Utah!

My ski season is mostly done. I did a week in Oregon and two weeks all over Colorado (spending a ton of time on I70). I also visited a few times to ski Utah.

Im moving back to Utah this week. Im 30 years old and just accepted a electrical engineering job. I previously lived in Emigration canyon in 2008 and in Ogden in 2015.

Id be down to bike or something this spring/ summer. I do both singletrack and Down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by mefa30 View Post
    Matt,

Welcome to Utah!

My ski season is mostly done. I did a week in Oregon and two weeks all over Colorado (spending a ton of time on I70). I also visited a few times to ski Utah.

Im moving back to Utah this week. Im 30 years old and just accepted a electrical engineering job. I previously lived in Emigration canyon in 2008 and in Ogden in 2015.

Id be down to bike or something this spring/ summer. I do both singletrack and Down hill.
    Oh that sounds like a fun winter. I'd be down for some mountain biking, although I just have a basic front suspension bike and I must confess I'm not a very good rider haha. I live downtown so last summer rode up to the bonneville shoreline, and have explored off those trails...spent most of my time on the breaks haha. Hiking and backpacking are my main two main summer interests, though I would like to eventually invest in some fly fishing gear and some rock climbing/mountaineering/canyoneering gear. And hey for what it's worth bird has a reasonably priced spring pass haha.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'm a 51 year old ski bum
    i like turtles
    white pine not so much

woodsy and a og mag reunion lcc style this sat
    bring change 4 nickles and a bird
    ski ----err shred ya there
    perhaps a better fantasy gate to the sillyforks on solisunday
    but no bunnies allowed in the sick gnars bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i like turtles
    white pine not so much

DDay is going to be out here skiing this weekend?! I may have to make the trip over to LCC to try to make a few turns with you all, I haven't skied with Woodsy since he and Yetiman were both working at Solitude. I think I was in 8th or 9th grade.

i like turtles
    white pine not so much

If I happen to tour down that way Saturday are you guys doing drinks in the lot, later?

i like turtles
    white pine not so much

I think either I or the Mrs. (or the both of us) will be at the Bird on Saturday, possibly with the in-laws in tow. I'll drop you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    If I happen to tour down that way Saturday are you guys doing drinks in the lot, later?
    I'll be on the bypass drinking wine on Saturday, K. Dibbs is misconstrued in his dates, Woodsy is skiing the Bird on Sunday.

SSaL, I'll be at the Bird on Saturday, the rest of the group will be there on Sunday. Orange coat, black pants, silver giro with baker goggles, and Wubangers.

Lemon boy told me d day is a gaper,
    Sunday cartwheels

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I'll be on the bypass drinking wine on Saturday, K. Dibbs is misconstrued in his dates, Woodsy is skiing the Bird on Sunday.

SSaL, I'll be at the Bird on Saturday, the rest of the group will be there on Sunday. Orange coat, black pants, silver giro with baker goggles, and Wubangers.
    Sweet. We'll see where I end up, it'd be good to catch up. It's looking like it may rain.

Hey there. We're a 25 y/o couple and this will be my first season touring (his second). We're at the mouth of the canyon and ski every day we can at Basin/surrounding but don't mind traveling for company. My SO works swing and would love to find a partner with a similar schedule.

Wish i'd seen this in APril. Count me in for 2017 if you're still hunting for a partner. I'll text you.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

I'm usually at the bird or touring a few days a week. Shoot me a pm if you want to get out.