Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which skis to choose?

Hi Folks,

I would like to ask you for help. I am thinking about to buy a new skis for big mountain riding in powder with some ability to make some shorter turns in narrow culoars. I have armada TST for "worse days,BC and on piste riding"

I am thinking about Atomic automatic 117, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0, Blizzard Bodacious 15/16 or some Faction Chapter.

I am advanced freeride skier 178 cm hight and 78kg weight. I like speed and big turns but need som ability in narrow culoars for short turns. Boots are ZZero green machine with carbon.
    I will be mounting some Marker Baron 13 on them.
    So please be so kind and help me with choice and one more question which skis are better for my opinion in powder (10-20cm) and broken terrain....with camber or with flat camber...

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by m78ecd; 03-24-2016 at 04:13 AM. Reason: forget

Quote Originally Posted by m78ecd View Post
    Hi Folks,

I would like to ask you for help. I am thinking about to buy a new skis for big mountain riding in powder with some ability to make some shorter turns in narrow culoars. I have armada TST for "worse days,BC and on piste riding"

I am thinking about Atomic automatic 117, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0, Blizzard Bodacious 15/16 or some Faction Chapter.

I am advanced freeride skier 178 cm hight and 78kg weight. I like speed and big turns but need som ability in narrow culoars for short turns. Boots are ZZero green machine with carbon.
    So please be so kind and help me with choice and one more question which skis are better for my opinion in powder (10-20cm) and broken terrain....with camber or with flat camber...

Thank you very much!

Seriously, you should consider Moments. Exit World or Underworld, both are designed for the BC and have Moment's lowfat layup to reduce weight which you will need with the heavyweight Baron's. The Bibby Pro is a terrific powder ski that skis in bounds well. Then you have the Deathwish that is an all mountain ski, 112 underfoot with triple camber that can rail on groomers.

Thanks for your answer,but why only Moment skis? Please I need to choose from this brands.
    Thnx

Rax skis are the best for powder.

culoars
    Red is probably the best culoar for your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Rossignol soul 7. Best all mountain ski ever made. To be more specific I'll just say that this ski absolutely crushes terrain. You'll be ripping harder than the crotch in Kopi-red's ski pants after Christmas break.This ski is the pinnacle in design and performance. Moment who? While he is off e-blowing Luke Jacobsen for a free pair of skis, you will be slaying "cool gnars" and all you can eat pussy with your pals on your soul 7s. And there's another guy on here that loves to recommend the Praxis rx. That ski is worthless for what you need. Don't listen to him. Best of luck. Be sure to post stoke with your sweet new skis.
    Last edited by NW_SKIER; 03-24-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Volant Super-karves
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Red is probably the best culoar for your needs.
    Wait I thought red was for boots?? Fuck, I can never keep up all these changing fads.

Get the red ones then.

I would recommend the Dynastar Cham 107 2.0 in a 183 length for what you're talking about. Easy to ski bu stable enough on more open terrain.

Which skis to choose?

You should demo the Candide 4.0

The TST are a favorite of mine too, but for the terrain you're talking I go with the whitedot redeemer.

I have a feeling the Candide will do you well for what your want, if you can handle a stiffer ski (though it's not as stiff as whitedots)

I wouldn't want the soul 7 for steep couloirs because it's so flimsy.

If you're interested, I have a pair of Faction Royales, which has the same shape and dimensions as the Candide 4.0 with a stouter layup. Really fun, surfy ski. PM me if you're interested.

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much!
    Sounds like you already have the ski you're looking for with the TST for the skiing you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Rossignol soul 7. Best all mountain ski ever made. To be more specific I'll just say that this ski absolutely crushes terrain. You'll be ripping harder than the crotch in Kopi-red's ski pants after Christmas break.This ski is the pinnacle in design and performance. Moment who? While he is off e-blowing Luke Jacobsen for a free pair of skis, you will be slaying "cool gnars" and all you can eat pussy with your pals on your soul 7s. And there's another guy on here that loves to recommend the Praxis rx. That ski is worthless for what you need. Don't listen to him. Best of luck. Be sure to post stoke with your sweet new skis.

Soul7 is too narrow. I am thinking about Super 7 because I have TST which are 101 under foot...

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Sounds like you already have the ski you're looking for with the TST for the skiing you are describing.
    I don't think that TST are for BM skiing. It is too narrow 101 underfoot. Need something about 117 mm underfoot.

I thinks y'all are missing NW's humor cause he knows the Soul 7 is for fags (not being used as a pejorative against homos but as a substitute for douche). This thread was done when BigDude dropped the Bibby Pro. Don't be a fag (see above) OP, listen to the BigDude, all else is noize

OK,can we all speak to the skis and the recommendation? Thank you.

Why don't you tell us why you "am thinking about Atomic automatic 117 cm, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0..." Etc and are so closed minded to much better suggestions?

and don't tell me how to speak JONG when you can't spell and barely make sense

I agree OP that you should consider some other options (like the moments). I'm also 178cm, 79 kg and the 183 TST is my early season and firm day ski. I've skied and didn't like the JJ, skied and really liked the automatic 117, bought Dunfee's Deathwishes which are a blast, but my fave ski is for sure the Moment Blister Pro (Old, now new Bibby)

Quote Originally Posted by Rednaked View Post
    Why don't you tell us why you "am thinking about Atomic automatic 117 cm, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0..." Etc and are so closed minded to much better suggestions?

and don't tell me how to speak JONG when you can't spell and barely make sense
    Cause I think that should be good skis for me.
    And what I can't spell JONG? I am not english native speaker you donk.

So do you think that Moment Bibby pro/Blister pro will be the best option for me?
    Rednaked.....english is ok? ))

Unlike some of the other guys i really like the Armada JJ 2.0 for an everyday ski

They're super playful and have a crazy tight turning radius for quick turns but can keep you afloat in the deep stuff as well

Perhaps since the TST is a little narrower for powder days you could look into the Norwalk? Its like the S7 in that its directional but similar to the JJ....so if you dont land switch you could have the benefits of the JJs without the twin tip

Here are some norwalks for cheap:

https://www.levelninesports.com/armada-norwalk-skis

JJs:

http://www.evo.com/skis/armada-jj-20.aspx

Good luck!

So do you think that Moment Bibby pro/Blister pro will be the best option for me?
    Rednaked.....english is ok? ))
    The BEST option? That's a question only you will be able to answer. I certainly think that they are worth a look. As I said, I really liked the Automatic 117 too, a quick turner, and super easy to ski. The BEST option for me, however, is the Bibby. I love the way it crushes variable snow, I can surf pow in the morning and then blast through the deep chop in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    The BEST option? That's a question only you will be able to answer. I certainly think that they are worth a look. As I said, I really liked the Automatic 117 too, a quick turner, and super easy to ski. The BEST option for me, however, is the Bibby. I love the way it crushes variable snow, I can surf pow in the morning and then blast through the deep chop in the afternoon.
    Yes,I understand and you are absolutly right. But shit I can not decide when I didn't skied them all. I am reading only best reviews for Bibby,but also good for Automatic 117, Super 7 and I am also thinking about Black crows Anima, some Faction or BB (JJ not). All skis except Bibby I can get cheaper,about 400EUR and Bibby for 600EUR so I don't know if the higher price will give me a better skiing feel if you know what I mean (if the ski is really "gamechanger"). I will be mostly riding a 20 cm pow but also a crude snow and bumps. Hmmmmm I am mad about this...

"I am thinking about Atomic automatic 117, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0, Blizzard Bodacious 15/16"

from soft to stiff

JJ -> S7 -> Automatic -> train rails -> bodacious

Quote Originally Posted by tanoleg View Post
    "I am thinking about Atomic automatic 117, Super 7, Armada JJ 2.0, Blizzard Bodacious 15/16"

from soft to stiff

JJ -> S7 -> Automatic -> train rails -> bodacious
    Thank you. And what about the Bibby and Black crows Anima? The stiffness?

I think I can't get the bibbys to europe for a good price so next options should be Automatic 117, BC Anima, Salomon Q-115 or Line Mordecai. What do you say about these?
    But still hoping about the Bibby's...
    Last edited by m78ecd; 04-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.