Two Guides Killed In Two Separate Avalanches In Austria

When life gives you haters, make haterade.

RIP to both
    crazy to have caught the guides only both times

Sad News.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

This part is stunning (my empahsis):

A third avalanche in Obergurgl in Tyrol caught and buried a 48-year-old man. He miraculously survived being buried 1-meter deep for 50 minutes and was responsive when recovered. He was a flown by helicopter to the hospital in Zams. He was not wearing an avalanche transceiver.
    JigaRex Universal Ski Mounting Jig

re Obergurgl slide, there was a group of mountain rescue /avy tech people in the same area for some kind of training event. they pulled off the rescue, it sounded like they actually saw the slide happen. the "older local person skiing alone without gear" type is not super uncommon in these parts, i'm guessing that's what this was. the logic is "i've been touring and skiing on this hill for 50 years, i never had a beacon before and i don't need one now." crazy luck.

rough day with the two fatalities. both guides were over 70, one was a full mountain guide, one was a ski guide, at least that's what the local news said.

there was another death three days ago, where a woman was caught and killed by a slide a separate group set off above her party. very busy zone, very close to the lift.

higher red lines are the upper group, lower the party that was caught. top station of lift just outside the frame on the left.

http://lawinenwarndienst.blogspot.co...enunfalls.html
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.