Bindings for Spurs

Just picked up a pair of spurs with Marker wide 13 din demo binders on them. I mentioned to the shop tech that I was probably going to replace the Markers with a set of P18's with 130mm brakes that I have. He said I would be better off putting a wider mounting pattern binding on them, since the Looks have such a narrow pattern and he's seen the heels pull out, especially in a ski with no metal. This guy knows he's not going to sell me any bindings and was just giving me his honest opinion. I've never really given much thought to the width of the screw pattern on bindings vs width of the ski, but it kind of makes sense. I'm really not a fan of mostly plastic demo bindings (although these are about as good as demos get, and are new) and I'd like to get some more substantial bindings on the skis, but I don't want to buy any new binders, the P18's are NIB. What say ye ole' Maggot Kingdom? Do I mount the P18's and shut up and ski? Or will I die in a horrible one ski burnout when they pull out? FWIW, I'm 225lbs and usually ski with my DIN around 11, and I only ski in jeans on Fridays.

Just ski the Demo Bindings... Those Griffons are good. I'm 215 and have never had an issue with those bindings.... I don't even own a pair of skis with normal bindings any more. After a lot of use I would check the forward pressure every so often. Why bother putting another set of holes in them, especially p18 holes. That screw pattern on the heel is so tight it puts a lot more pressure on the ski than a pattern like the bindings that are on there.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    He said I would be better off putting a wider mounting pattern binding on them, since the Looks have such a narrow pattern and he's seen the heels pull out, especially in a ski with no metal. This guy knows .....
    whaa?

May be a slight selection effect too. People who need P18s are more likely to pull a binding out of the ski than people who are fine with Griffons.

Bindings for Spurs

I ski Spurs with P18s at 11 and have no issues. I'm 210/215lbs with gear on.
    Last edited by skibrd; 03-06-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Never pulled a pair of P18s out of skis. Had numerous pairs of Blizzard skis with and with out metal.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give the demo Markers a shot, if they try to kill me I'll throw the Looks on.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give the demo Markers a shot, if they try to kill me I'll throw the Looks on.
    Exactly. This was my conundrum with my caylors, and while I don't love the marker demos, I don't dislike them enough to drill more holes.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Yup, I'm not a fan of the Markers either and have never ever had an issue with Pivots/FKS but I certainly wouldn't pull out a pair of perfectly good binders unless they gave me issues
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Have ran P18s on squad 7s... A few mill skinnier but still no metal. Never had any issues and I'm 6'1", 230 with my gear. Then again, never had trouble with griffon / jester demos either so you're likely all good.