Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stem cells seem like they have promise

Would really like to try the stem cell therapy. How have the results been lately. Feeling success from the procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettostyle View Post
    Was it with Regenexx? I'm considering a knee procedure with them in April, and I'm hopeful it is as seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    nope. they were way too expensive and i did not like their sales call people. uneducated and slow. 500 for a initial consult was the nail in their coffin. they also have tons of add on costs. they lost their bid fast.

i went to
    Denver Regenerative Medicine http://denverregenerativemedicine.com/index.html

149 S HOLLY ST #201
    DENVER, CO 80222
    720-583-1648

They offer a Maggot discount if you schedule before 4/1 20% off, yes, really.

Dr. Cantor is your guy.

(720) 583-1648

Just bumping ahead of the bot...how does TGR even get medical bots? crazy for TGR to even see them unless these gimp threads get that much traffic.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

One week. My foot feels awesome. Blood flow, color, strength and support are extremely apparent. Still fatigue after some time standing, but considering what they do with the needle in there, I'm surprised with the progress and results.

After years of major sprains and dislocations without a major break, I thought I was gimped forever....this gives hope.

Cant wait for the new generation stem cell injections coming down the pipe in 5+ years. Cheaper, easier and more effective.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Just got home after getting PRP done on right knee. No pain meds yet but starting on home brew.
    watch out for snakes

Today I just had a bilateral knee stem cell procedure near Denver. Bone marrow extraction was somewhat painful but not utterly so, really not that bad. They treated a variety of issues and potential issues in both knees with targeted injections - mcls, acls, meniscus, patellas, a slight hamstring muscle tear on the right knee, and a very deep bone bruise on the left. (THAT was the painful thing of the whole day, feeling the stem cell concoction being forced deep into the bone where the anesthesia had not taken much effect.). Luckily, my stem cell count was in the upper 5 percentile, so they loaded my 2 knees up, and the Dr felt confident about my outcome.

So now on crutches for a few days primarily due to the bone bruise / micro fractures, and on Monday have a follow up of PRP injections. No need for any pain meds so far.

Beyond that, average is stability braces for 6 weeks with increasing rehab and activity levels, and after 2 months I'm back to "normal" activity, though overall healing continues for 6-12 months.

Where did you have this done?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Where did you have this done?
    Regenexx, and I have to say they were extremely professional and are the industry leaders of this procedure.

First mtn bike ride after knee PRP, feels pretty good. No pain just little stiffness. Some hike a bike but no fks given
    watch out for snakes

How long until you felt noticeable results?

For those of you that did have this done, how long before you felt significantly better? I had it done to both knees two weeks ago and have heard ranges for a few weeks to 6 months.

Also, did you change your exercise regiment to focus on more muscles in your legs (i.e., to improve your balance, patella movement, etc.)?

I've played 15+ years of soccer, 20+ years of ice hockey, snowboard, jog, lift.

A few weeks in my case. I noticed that pedaling standing up did not hurt my knee after the procedure, while before it did.

110 days in my case. That's when my knee felt bionic.

Just under 2 months on my PRP, definite improvement, seems like a little more every day.
    watch out for snakes