Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Tight trails & tacky dirt - '16 NE thread

Yo slackers it's March already. I know it's all my fault I've been lazy and getting fat, what about you? Not much of a snow riding season this year was it?

So I'm getting back into the working world, after 3 months of unemployment, and starting a rep agency. I'll be passing through your towns pretty frequently if all goes according to plan. It looks like I'm gonna try to cover CT, western MA, VT and maybe western NH and the 'dacks and Catskills in NY. Huge territory so hopefully I can create some opportunity out of it. Warning - I'm gonna be hitting you guys up for rides, recco's for shops to visit and cold beers and safety breaks. Be on the lookout for a loaded white BRZ with a fatbike and something else on the hitch rack. Alright enough about me, get this thread going, it's picture time...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yo slackers it's March already. I know it's all my fault I've been lazy and getting fat, what about you? Not much of a snow riding season this year was it?

So I'm getting back into the working world, after 3 months of unemployment, and starting a rep agency. I'll be passing through your towns pretty frequently if all goes according to plan. It looks like I'm gonna try to cover CT, western MA, VT and maybe western NH and the 'dacks and Catskills in NY. Huge territory so hopefully I can create some opportunity out of it. Warning - I'm gonna be hitting you guys up for rides, recco's for shops to visit and cold beers and safety breaks. Be on the lookout for a loaded white BRZ with a fatbike and something else on the hitch rack. Alright enough about me, get this thread going, it's picture time...
    I'm planning on making a return to dirt tomorrow. If the warm weather sticks, it'll definitely be the earliest transition back to riding season since moving here ~6 years ago. Hit me up when you're in the greater Saratoga area. There's some great spots to show off, both old classics and some newer networks showing a lot of promise.

Winter? What winter? Anticipating a 6-8 week early start to trail riding season up here in VT. Pretty stoked to get back to STAB and GMT as well as whatever Killington can actually get done in terms of trail development. Gonna get a Killington lift pass again too- don't tell the wife...

Also picking up a new gravel grinder next week from Fitwerx in Waitsfield. With my wacky knee, wife insisted I get a good fitting for a new roadie- not gonna complain about that Gotta say- it was an awesome experience getting fitted by Ian and I am stoked to be long distancing on dirt this summer and fall.

See y'all out there. And don't forget to watch UCI downhill action- you can root for some NE boys on redbull.tv:
    http://www.easternstatescup.com/2016...downhill-team/

So stoked on riding this year, got big plans! For the first time ever I am going to be fit and race ready before the season kicks off. Discovered that road biking doesn't have to be miserable or involve fearing cars all day.

I'm hoping this lack of winter gave my bike stoke enough of a rest to carry me through the season.

Biggins, I'll come grind some gravel bruh, get dose knees strohng.

Very excited about riding. Need to tune the bikes this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

I sold my dream bike for a fantastic price, and still don't know what I'll be on this year!

Also, found a crack in the top tube of my DH bike, so pending warranty I'll be on a new DH bike as well, crazy times.

1/2" of snow this morning and maybe some mood flakes tomorrow night but after that the temps should bump up a few degrees every day for the next week or so. Time to ride

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Good news man! What are you reping? And eastern NH is where its at brah!

And new lines being made...perfect time to do it as the water is at a high point, no bugs, and no leaves.

So far have Shred Optics/Slytech Protection nailed down, waiting for confirmation on a couple of others next week. I'll drop more names as they come through. Shred is Ted Ligetys gig, there's a video somewhere in the site where he talks and then rides. Links below, dig around there's some cool stuff in there.

http://shredoptics.com/product-categ.../dirt-helmets/
    http://slytechprotection.com/product...otectors-dirt/
    Last edited by gravitylover; 03-04-2016 at 04:52 PM.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Stoked on this season. Been humping the trainer like a cheap hooker. TrainerRoad gravity/enduro program has been killing me. Probably in the best shape I have been in 15 years.

Will be racing enduro a much as work allows. Tempted to come up to RI in 5 weeks or so for the first stop in the Eastern States Cup.

Can't wait to get back on the bike and burn off some of the beer/chix wing/cheese I have over indulged on this winter.
    That Don't Make No Sense

Tight trails & tacky dirt - '16 NE thread

I'm in Utah during a killer corn cycle, and it looks we get to storm ride tomorrow, on our last day here.
    Which is sweet, but I'm so freaking stoked on my new FSR Evo stumpy 29, gonna be a nice long season
    git sum!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 03-05-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Once and for all- mid VT mini? Kton enduro/dh perhaps? I know Anospa is raceroniing that weekend, anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Once and for all- mid VT mini? Kton enduro/dh perhaps? I know Anospa is raceroniing that weekend, anyone else?
    I'll jump into that enduro, never done one, but I very much enjoy hauling ass on bikes.
    Let's party!
    crab in my shoe mouth

When is that?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I'll jump into that enduro, never done one, but I very much enjoy hauling ass on bikes.
    Let's party!
    Dooood! I will not be joining, rather heckling . Come do it though! Anospa is great people and he can supply beta and gluten free alchohol.

As for dates, not sure, but usually Sat/Sun July 4th wkd.

Dooood! I will not be joining, rather heckling . Come do it though! Anospa is great people and he can supply beta and gluten free alchohol.

As for dates, not sure, but usually Sat/Sun July 4th wkd.
    That's when Phish krushes SPAC
    I'm out
    crab in my shoe mouth

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm out
    Same. What's the riding like near SPAC? I will be phishing and will have my bike in tow. Would like to do day rides in the area.

I'm out
    Love ya guy. I say any weekend at K then: empty trails, private bucket rides to the top, fiddlehead on tap and tons and tons of Hasidic Jews (no lie, it's weird).

Love ya guy. I say any weekend at K then: empty trails, private bucket rides to the top, fiddlehead on tap and tons and tons of Hasidic Jews (no lie, it's weird).
    I'm there!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I managed to put a deep, 6 inch laceration in my leg skiing today. Almost down to the muscle so that's it for ski season. Good news is my new Hightower will be here right as I'm healing up. A shitty end to a shitty ski season.

Bring on dirt and two wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I'm planning on making a return to dirt tomorrow. If the warm weather sticks, it'll definitely be the earliest transition back to riding season since moving here ~6 years ago. Hit me up when you're in the greater Saratoga area. There's some great spots to show off, both old classics and some newer networks showing a lot of promise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Same. What's the riding like near SPAC? I will be phishing and will have my bike in tow. Would like to do day rides in the area.
    Ask the guy in the post above

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    I managed to put a deep, 6 inch laceration in my leg skiing today. Almost down to the muscle so that's it for ski season. Good news is my new Hightower will be here right as I'm healing up. A shitty end to a shitty ski season.

Bring on dirt and two wheels!
    Doh! That sux. Watch, sometime in the next two weeks you'll end up with the best storm of the season. Go get some Rum, it'll help. You need to heal up so you can show me around your trails when I start making my way up there in a few weeks.

I'm hoping to get a lot of miles this season. I got great deal on specialized xc bike off craigslist. New pedals are coming next week and then it should be ready to hit the trails once they open.

Fatty day

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm like 5 minutes from spac so just get in touch closer to then and I'll show you around the local spots if I'm free.