Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I'm like 5 minutes from spac so just get in touch closer to then and I'll show you around the local spots if I'm free.
    Will do, thanks.

A few shots from Bath today. First ride in too long. Mostly dry with one section that was so frozen over it was a luge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1457312733.154754.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	177787
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1457312757.619006.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	177788

The kmart races are such a good time, definitely try to make the one in Sept (labor day weekend) if you can.

And Strawjack, the RI enduro is gonna be sick, the trails at Diamond Hill are legit.

time four Brown Pow
    watch out for snakes

Finally getting things back in place and got out for a good 65* ride this afternoon. Felt soooooo good but this winter fat has just got to go ;(

I have a hall pass for the 19-20th. Anyplace within a 4hr drive of Stowe have dirt trails ready to ride?

Haven't been near there recently but I bet Pine Hill Park in Rutland will be good to go. If not you don't need to go too far south of there and it's bone dry.
    Last edited by gravitylover; 03-09-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    I have a hall pass for the 19-20th. Anyplace within a 4hr drive of Stowe have dirt trails ready to ride?
    Saxon

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Haven't been near there recently but I bet Pine Hill Park in Rutland will be good to go. If not you don't need to go too far south of there and it's bone dry.
    it looks dry, but yesterday brought the last of the frost up out of the ground
    it's soft and muddy, go easy
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    it looks dry, but yesterday brought the last of the frost up out of the ground
    it's soft and muddy, go easy
    I would also check the facebook page and heed their request to stay off the trails if there is one. I imagine they want a couple more weeks at least of drying out.

Everything around Portland, ME is closed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    Saxon
    Good call. I'll keep an eye on the FOTW stuff up there.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I would also check the facebook page and heed their request to stay off the trails if there is one. I imagine they want a couple more weeks at least of drying out.
    I had looked at their homepage. Didn't know they had status update on fbook. Looks closed now, perhaps it will dry out. We are saturated up here, like soggy mess saturated still.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Everything around Portland, ME is closed right now.
    also good to know. I was wondering about Portland because ive got a great place to crash there...

Heh we never really had frozen ground this year so everything is good to go especially after a couple of 70* days. Just a touch of mud here and there in low spots and it's actually dusty in others.

Anyone been into the Fells? Guessing its good to go maybe after a dry out tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Anyone been into the Fells? Guessing its good to go maybe after a dry out tomorrow?
    Saw something on the Facebook to stay away from the Fells. HP and Lowell are both dry.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Technically the Fells are closed to biking until April.

Isn't that the spot that's closed every year for the month of March?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Isn't that the spot that's closed every year for the month of March?
    Yup. Legally its probably a no go, but I'd imagine the trails are in decent shape.

Quote Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
    Things will probably be good to go here in Saratoga, depending on how much it rains next week. We've got a variety of riding spots but nothing with big mileage if that's what you're into. Everything is clear of snow/ice, just waiting on the ground to finish thawing and the surface to dry out.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Had a wonderful ride Wednesday night at Stephens/Mooch North. Was almost 80 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Technically the Fells are closed to biking until April.
    And realistically there is much better stuff close enough to make me think... why the fells?

I lived in Malden for a while and never saw the appeal of riding in the fells when Lynn was right there and Willowdale only 20 min away.

Hopkinton now, and will be getting out into the Nam and surrounding areas this weekend. Stoked.

Had a short but really good ride this afternoon. I was surprised at how much mud there was considering how dry it's been here and the fact that things never really froze up this winter. Thankfully it was/is quite localized and can be mitigated pretty easily if they'll let me go in and spend some time on it. Hopefully the rest of this month isn't too wet and it gets to heal.

edit: this mornings ride tells me that the problem is drying up quickly
    Last edited by gravitylover; 03-12-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Hey what do you guys use for image hosting now? I've had it with the photobucket advertising machine.

checking in

It's been pretty dry around here, but today's heavy rain event is not going to be good. Waiting for the trees to wake up and start drinking.

Was able to walk the dog in woods last evening since we had the spring forward event...which was nice...until I saw seven (7!) deer ticks crawling all over her once we got home. WTF! It's March 14th! Thinking it might be a rough year.