Junk In Public Trailer- H2O Trash Patrol

Hey everyone!
    I've been working on this short doc that's going to be released soon.
    Please check it out!

Paddle along as H2O Trash Patrol travels deep into the hidden corners and otherwise unreachable waterways of San Diego County. In Junk in Public, a husband and wife team of passionate surfers, Lorenzo and Patti Diaz, feeling a personal call to duty, lead environmental vigilantes far beyond the sunny beaches where most clean ups begin and end. Watch how in 2015 alone they prevented more than 5,900 lbs of junk from reaching the ocean. People will never look at their local waterways the same, after seeing what they find. Through sunny days on standup paddleboards, to the deepest, darkest waterways in Southern California, Junk in Public will leave viewers inspired to do their part in stopping junk long before it hits the beach.

Junk in Public is available as a short for film festivals, educators and fundraisers starting spring 2016.
    Contact patti@h2otrashpatrol.org for more info

Produced by DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Learn more, volunteer and make a tax deductible donation to H2O Trash Patrol here: http://h2otrashpatrol.org #‎junkinpublic #‎h2otrashpatrol #‎deathcookieentertainment
    www.DeathCookieEntertainment.com

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

Nice work Tate. I would not recommend watching this over lunch break though
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

I was hoping for a cameo from Justin Timberlake, but good stuff none the less... props and glad to see people doing something about this instead of just complaining.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    glad to see people doing something about this instead of just complaining.
    That the coolest thing about Lorenzo and Patti, they're just fuckin doing it! So many of us will sit around and get all pissed off about an issue and think, "well who's doing to deal with this problem?"... very inspirational. They do cleanups every two weeks. It's amazing.

Sometimes fear just means that you need to push your shins into the front of your ski boots and fuckin send it!

strong work dude, unfortunately it's not just the beaches that are going to shit.

My company has adopted a 2 mile stretch of highway going into the town of Jackson, WY. We went out numerous times last year and filled hundreds of pounds of trash... Not what you expect to see when you move to the Tetons from southern California.

That being said anytime I am home I do the beach cleanups, or just do it on my own. Paint buckets from Home Depot and a trash picker up works wonders. As a surfer we sort of become immune to this I guess, having to walk over trash and make sure you don't get poked on the sand is never fun. Yet it's not just a Cali thing, the beaches in Bali on the east side were some of the dirtest I have ever seen.

So let me know how we can help get the message out. Essentially its like this, if you play outdoors, if you lurk on this forum, of you are really stoked on things that happen outside we all better start paying attention as the earth does not deserve this..

I couldn't agree with you more! The thing is, I keep going to these events/fundraisers where someone when to some far-flung destination and came back with some pictures and they want to tell you how bad the plastic in Indonesia is. But we see it all the time! It's freaking everywhere! I get kind of bummed when all of these American surfers think it's cool to go to a third world country and shame those poor people. We're not clean!
    I guess that's why this crew is so inspirational for me. They didn't sit around and complain that someone else should deal with this problem. They're doing it and doing it in a fun way that gets volunteers exited to help.

Here's the crazy shit though. They get met with opposition all the time. They need permits to clean a waterway. Check out the Tijuana border!