If you do not want to work at it then this model:
    http://blog.eleanorsnyc.com/wp-conte...lawn_mower.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    two 100' cords.
    this is why the motors are frying, and they are meant for small lawns

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    For those that want exercise, you need this one:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...verlay&first=1
    Who knew so many people could have the same dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Who knew so many people could have the same dumb idea.
    What could possibly go wrong when the fork snaps in half somewhere halfway through cutting the back yard?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    this is why the motors are frying, and they are meant for small lawns
    I know. I don't care, they're so much lighter and less hassle than all the old gas powered ones I've used over the last 40+ years. Plus, consider the emissions. (Not saying I'm super green earth humper, but everything counts).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    For those that want exercise, you need this one:
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...verlay&first=1

If you do not want to work at it then this model:
    http://blog.eleanorsnyc.com/wp-conte...lawn_mower.jpg
    this one has fat tires so it can be used in the snow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post

Yea, everyone wants to cut grass that they can't see because it is covered with snow in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post

If I saw a neighbor cutting their grass with that thing I'd run straight to the gas station, pick up a 30 pack of Busch, drink it shirtless on my front porch and throw the empties at him.

I'd probably finish the 30 pack before he's able to finish his lawn too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I went corded electric 10 years ago. I'm on the third one @ $150 each, but no gas no carbs, no engine hassles until they fry. It takes me about 3 hours to do the whole thing, two 100' cords.
    I have more mowers than a person should but to be fair I have a lot to mow and it is isn't all contiguous so the mowers are spread out. Anyhoo, have both a corded and a cordless electric which both work well. Cordless is much heavier though.

For those who say the cord is a hassle try thinking of it like a vacuum - same maneuvering. Best to start closest to the outlet and work your way out if you can.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I have more mowers than a person should but to be fair I have a lot to mow and it is isn't all contiguous so the mowers are spread out. Anyhoo, have both a corded and a cordless electric which both work well. Cordless is much heavier though.

For those who say the cord is a hassle try thinking of it like a vacuum - same maneuvering. Best to start closest to the outlet and work your way out if you can.
    Just like the electric snow blower I have. I have a pattern that works. My wife tried it one day and didn't understand the pattern so she was all upset about the %$#@! cord. My daughter took over from her and quickly understood the pattern. I just need to pick up a true cold temp 12ga cord in 100'. The one I have isn't as pliable as it could be in the cold weather.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yup. I run a corded electric (el cheapo from lowes) and can get the front yard and back yard with a 100' cord. Probably have about 1500 sqft to mow, and it's still running strong after 8 years, even through some mid-shin high fescue in the backyard when I get lazy. No BS, no worries. It works right up until it doesn't, and with 5 minutes of thinking you can work a pattern that you never have to move the cord.

Had a good Scotts push reel when I first moved in, but with fescue if you skip a week, you're fucked. Way too thick to mow without it being a major chore.

Unless I suddenly come into a lot of cash and by a larger house with a huge yard, I'd never go back to gas. Small engine maintenance and issues are for the birds.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Fucking hipsters.

They just made the list of people to throw Busch cans at.

1/2 an acre isn't that much. How about one of those nifty new robotic lawn mowers? You have to put a wire around perimeters to start off, but after that you can watch from your window and let loose with an evil cackle reserved for those people who possess robot minions.

I got a push Cub Cadet 2 years ago for my 1/3 acre. Good mower. 45 mins start to finish. No cup holder though.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    I got a push Cub Cadet No cup holder though.
    There's a hat for that:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

At 37 yrs old I just purchased my first lawn mower. I bought a self propelled Honda.

If you have serious grass to mow, I mean like acres, buy green equipment. We mow about 4 acres a week. We bought a used Deere 455 about 8 years ago. It is literally the last garden tractor we will ever buy. It's diesel, has shaft drives for the mower and snowblower/attachments, and is a serious piece of equipment. Yes, it costs a lot of money, but it always works. Isn't that the best thing about any asset you might buy? It just works. And I completely agree about not buying green from a big box store. The green that big box stores sell is very inferior compared to Deere dealer green.

The vendor had already reduced a bunch and wasn't gona budge on the price of this house so what could i get him to thro in ?

The lawnmower /weedeater/coffeemaker/food dehydrator and 3 couches

Its just a city lot and the lawnmower cuts grass ok
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    When I was a kid in the 70s the retired farmer who lived across the street would use a reel mower for his very big lawn and a scythe to do the weed whacking. That guy was bad ass. And he was ancient. He was at least in his 80s. I got mad respect for that guy. RIP. He was no fucking hipster. Real deal.

I've pushmowed an acre of fescue since 1998 in the deep south / 100 degree & high humity because I'm way to fuckin cheep to pay someone. and because I'm outta the house and not bein blamed for something.

So in my expereince craftsman = crap. Had a toro-Techumseh and that was the shit. I got 10 years of weekly use otta that thing. so then I bought another toro this time with kohler. kohler was a piece of shit. the carb would rust out litterally in a month. the manufacturer wouldn't honor nuthn cryin "ethanol enthanol" and it'd did'nt matter what addative or how much went in. so fuck toro's.

went troy built from the blue guys three years ago (B&S I beleive) and it has been the shit so far. Starts / works / never complains. so that's my $.02.
    "Can't you see..."

Any recommendations for a lawnmower for cutting on a kinda steep, rocky, variable sloped yard? Probably only use it 1-2 times a year but needs to be done. Been borrowing neighbor's POS or walking around for hours with a weed whacker, but need to upgrade to something a little better.

I used something similar to this to clean a vacant lot once. I think it had duel string heads though. Was bigger than this one. It did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    At 37 yrs old I just purchased my first lawn mower. I bought a self propelled Honda.
    remeber when assman was sort of halfway rational?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I used something similar to this to clean a vacant lot once. I think it had duel string heads though. Was bigger than this one. It did a great job.
    That looks sufficient, probably need to wear a mask and goggles...