The Weird Worldwide Appeal of Metal

Holy shit this dovetails nicely with my spiral down into Russian doom metal this morning by virtue of this shittastic band picture.

The band is supposedly called, Forest Stream, and no is NOT a group of LARPing mage enthusiasts in Washington Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Holy shit this dovetails nicely with my spiral down into Russian doom metal this morning by virtue of this shittastic band picture.

The band is supposedly called, Forest Stream, and no is NOT a group of LARPing mage enthusiasts in Washington Park.
    Eastern or western Russian?

Edit: I got on a kick of listening to punk and proto punk music from the steppes of the ussr a couple months ago. It got to the point where I almost bought a crate of records and homemade records for $50 + shipping. Then I realized I don't have a record player and shouldn't be wasting the money

Apparently west, although I have no idea what that would mean for their music or identity.

There's some weird doom metal from out near kamchatka. Not bad but out there. Unfortunately I'm a month away from my computer so I can't find it easily.

If you like stoner rock type stuff, Stoned Jesus from the Ukraine is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    There's some weird doom metal from out near kamchatka. Not bad but out there. Unfortunately I'm a month away from my computer so I can't find it easily.

If you like stoner rock type stuff, Stoned Jesus from the Ukraine is pretty good
    It's Scandinavian/Finnish metal leaking East.

This is the biggest Jer-bait thread ever.