Compounding Pharmacy Penetrating Pain Relief Creams Really Work?

Anybody tried these new creams that are supposed to go deep into muscles and even tendons to numb out pain?
    Sounds like a good alternative to an oxy/vic habit for a lot of the injuries that pop up here, especially knees.

I have used Voltaren gel for back inflammation. Seems to do a good job of targeted inflammation relief.

I worked in the compounding industry for about 15 years. There is a LOT going into topical med research these days, especially in the area of pain management. It's driven mostly by California work comp litigation. They don't want people under the influence of oral pain killers, which have systemic effects - in other words, topical doesn't necessarily cross the blood barrier, especially when the medium (cream/gel) has different routes of penetration, and the inactive ingredients can regulate the time release or dosage.

Short answer, yes, they can work. Like all medication, different ones work better for the individual than others, but the advantage is that the side effects of oral pain killers are significantly reduced. They can also be pretty economical when compared to oral meds.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Interesting - care to list/recommend some of the more reputable ones?

Thanks, axebiker. Good data; that and some of the more reputable ones you can think of would be all I was hoping to learn.

Splat too late for TigerBalm?

http://www.tigerbalm.com/us

I wasn't in sales so I can't really recommend anyone in particular (I was in purchasing, sourcing, planning), but check out if the pharmacy is an IACP member, and then check the FDA's website to see if the pharmacy has any warning letters or not.
    Gravity. It's the law.