Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What Bike Are You Most Excited About Spring 16?

Bike talk has begun to penetrate the brain. What piece of dentist price level gear are you most excited about?

Me: SC 5010 and Evil Insurgent.

Probably smarter to just try and save up for nicer wheels for my Pivot, but hard not to lust...

Go!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Strider's new lineup looks sick.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

mine! it's the only one I can afford!

I picked up a used rigid SS and haven't been able to get out on the trails with it yet, so...that one. It's gonna be stupid.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I've been following the hype on that one for a long time. Looks really fun.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'm excited for an event: Dirtragfest. I'm camping and can't wait. Then I can try some new stuff. But I would like to see what Transition does with a carbon Smuggler and how it compares to The Following/429Tr/Ripley LS/etcetcetc.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

After swapping a 34 for a 36 on my SB5, I'm very stoked for riding. Went from "meh" to "oh yeah."

Side note- stack height is 3/4" higher on new steer tube. What I was previously trying to do with a slammed stem, I ended up accomplishing with a taller stem height. I got my arms up and chest down by bringing bar to me rather than vice versa. Cornering got much better/easier to lay bike over.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    A better option would be to quit whining and go ski somewhere with less people around.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Aclimate Sports Drink- "Go higher feel better"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Me: SC 5010.
    Front derailleur?

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Front derailleur?
    Nein.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

The new '16 Pivot Phoenix Carbon... too bad I'll probably never even ride one haha.

Evil the Following is on my wish list. I'll probably stick with my Spartan and it's shitty climbing for the summer. It will give me an excuse to be slow on the up!

Seriously though I'm also looking forward to working on my Spartan. Front derailleur is coming off for a 1x10 with a chain guide. If I can save for better wheels, that would be cool too.

Not really excited about anything dentist priced. I am excited about buying one of these:

http://konaworld.com/hei_hei_dl_trail.cfm

Although I guess 3k still isn't cheap, but for a new FS mtb it seems to be these days.

SC Hightower. The entry level carbon build with the GX1 kit and a Pike is becoming easier to justify day by day.

Guerilla Gravity Megatrail! Simple, American-made and versatile. I'm collecting parts now

Ibis Ripley LS... 130 Pike RCT3 up front, full XT 1x11, Flow wheels, and fairly light for a beefy spec. Now I just have to build it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Me: SC 5010
    I got to try a 5010 last summer. Really liked the way it handled and it climbed like a goat. It is an inch short on travel for being my one do it all bike though. The Bronson might be the ticket, but I haven't been able to get my hands one yet. Also looking to test out the new RFX, HD3 and carbon Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I got to try a 5010 last summer. Really liked the way it handled and it climbed like a goat. It is an inch short on travel for being my one do it all bike though. The Bronson might be the ticket, but I haven't been able to get my hands one yet. Also looking to test out the new RFX, HD3 and carbon Warden.
    Totally. Was fortunate to get on both of the 16 models at interbike last fall. Bronson felt it had nomad level descending but at the price of a snappier feel. Felt kind of muted, while the 5010 handled with a ton of energy on all types of terrain. Just had you grinning. Would be great for all of 15% of the trails here in Jackson. If I had lawyer money I would definitely pick one up for everything but pure DH riding.

Looking at the Insurgent, carbon Patrol, and Nomad. For no other reason than they're hot bikes right now and would love to throw a leg over. Currently own a V1 Ripley with some fatty derbys and have been pretty happy on about 85% of trails around me. Looking to add a 27.5 bike with burl. Would ideally like something for desert trips, light/med park riding, and some recreational racing for this upcoming summer.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I'm excited for an event: Dirtragfest. I'm camping and can't wait. Then I can try some new stuff. But I would like to see what Transition does with a carbon Smuggler and how it compares to The Following/429Tr/Ripley LS/etcetcetc.
    Be excited dude. Have had such good times at that bike fest in the past. Raystown is legit fun times

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've been following the hype on that one for a long time. Looks really fun.
    Great looking successor to the original. Price is strong for what is essentially a dual sport.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Ibis Ripley LS... .
    Was looking at that, but is the CS a little old school for the 29er? I'm also looking at the SC Hightower and Specialized Enduro 29.

Sticking with a 29er just because of my wheelset.

Costs of all this stuff is insane.

Knolly Delirium. If my Chili was stolen and I got a good insurance return on in, I'd be on a Delirium for sure. With a 180mm Float 36 and a FloatX2. Might be more excited about suspension developments than frame developments this year.
    However many are in a shit ton.

The bike in my garage.. because house repairs ain't cheap.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

the one in my framebuilding jig

Been on the fence between the Transition Scout and the SC 5010. I was ready to buy the Scout last summer when the updated 5010 was announced. Still not sure.

I hadn't really paid much attention to the stuff Evil is putting out, until I saw an Insurgent on the trail last summer. Total sex on wheels. More travel than I want/need, but I keep finding myself trying to justify it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.