Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Maybe a Foes Mutz. Fat only for me.

Still pretty stoked on my v1 Bronson. New bikes are overrated, time to get out and ride is what I'm excited about.

Having said that, my friend is going through an extensive demo process right now and that Evil The Following looks pretty sweet.

I should have a Spot Rollik in the spring. Very impressed with the demo I rode.

Quote Originally Posted by intheways View Post
    Guerilla Gravity Megatrail! Simple, American-made and versatile. I'm collecting parts now
    I've been riding a ton of bikes over the last year and it's really hard to stress just how good those megatrails are.

You will not regret.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'm mostly excited to see what arctic cat puts out for an M8000 this spring.

I mean hey, it has handlebars. And it trumps by far my excitement for any bicycle right now (right now being february)
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Totally. Was fortunate to get on both of the 16 models at interbike last fall. Bronson felt it had nomad level descending but at the price of a snappier feel. Felt kind of muted, while the 5010 handled with a ton of energy on all types of terrain. Just had you grinning.
    I have to agree the 5010 produced that same feeling for me. It would probably be the perfect bike for maybe 2/3 of my riding. I demo'd a Nomad same day as well. It climbed pretty well considering its geometry, that is until things got steep. I took it up this hill that gets steep at the top, same hill I took the 5010 up. When I got to the steep part the Nomad didn't just get hard to pedal is just stopped dead, as if I was pedalling it straight into the ground. The 5010 climbed it no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Knolly Delirium. If my Chili was stolen and I got a good insurance return on in, I'd be on a Delirium for sure. With a 180mm Float 36 and a FloatX2. Might be more excited about suspension developments than frame developments this year.
    I might have to see if I can lighten up my old delirium - right now it's a 41 lb tank. Swapping in air fork/shock and lighter wheels would make it light enough to be fun to ride again. Then I could get away with it and something like the 5010.

Anything with a horst link, 26" wheels, and non-stupid geometry.

I'll just be thrilled to ride in shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Been on the fence between the Transition Scout and the SC 5010. I was ready to buy the Scout last summer when the updated 5010 was announced. Still not sure.

I hadn't really paid much attention to the stuff Evil is putting out, until I saw an Insurgent on the trail last summer. Total sex on wheels. More travel than I want/need, but I keep finding myself trying to justify it.
    Just put studded tires on my Scout for the shitty winter we are having. Picked it up toward the end of last season. Just an awesome bike. 2016 scouts (which mine is), have a higher BB and shorter cranks which basically eliminated the pedal strikes from the 2015 version.

Bike I'm stoked on currently: my Canyon Strive - got a few good rides on it near St George over Tgiving and I'm fired up for this spring. The shapeshifter switch is a dream come true for this bike fiddler.

Bike I'm lusting over next: Intense Uzzi 275 . Slap on a 26" rear wheel and a longer 2.75" stroke shock with offset bushings... make an 8" bike travel bike that should pedal & carve awesome in the low 30-lb range

Waffling between a Ripley LS and a mojo HD. Analysis paralysis...

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I might have to see if I can lighten up my old delirium - right now it's a 41 lb tank. Swapping in air fork/shock and lighter wheels would make it light enough to be fun to ride again. Then I could get away with it and something like the 5010.
    New Delirium = Completely different animal.
    However many are in a shit ton.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    The TransAm 275 frame in my shed. Building it out with a 140mm 36/ flow ex/ xt 1x11. Having a hard time staying motivated for skiing with temps in the 50's here...

I got a '16 giant reign comin.. so that one

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Not really excited about anything dentist priced. I am excited about buying one of these:

http://konaworld.com/hei_hei_dl_trail.cfm
    Second that Jamal, I'm excited to demo a 140mm travel 29er. Not sure why, I'm currently on an OG Titus Guapo 26er, but the thought has penetrated my mind and has slowly started to consume my unproductive work day.

Eyeballing that salsa ponyrustler

What Bike Are You Most Excited About Spring 16?

Haven't had a bike in 15 years that didn't have an engine, so I'm excited to get after some single track on my new to me Surly ICT with the Bluto. Might need some fatter tired though. Maybe not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1455876978.715513.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	919.5 KB 
ID:	177006
    I'm no dentist. If I was I'd like a Kona Process 111. Can't wait to see how bad my cardio has gotten.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Building up a SC Bantam as a 27+, then maybe the new Troy

My last years Kona Process 134 that I'm paying off right now. Mainly because it's my first bike as an adult and I'm stoked on mountain biking.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1455888750.908016.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	704.5 KB 
ID:	177007

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    New Delirium = Completely different animal.
    I don't doubt that at all. No way I could justify buying a new Delirium though. I still like the old one, so if I could lighten it, it would work for more of the rides I do.

Anybody looking into plus bikes this year? If I can swing it would love to get one for my girlfriend. Seem like perfect approach to getting over the hurdle of technical or rocky terrain
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Anybody looking into plus bikes this year? If I can swing it would love to get one for my girlfriend. Seem like perfect approach to getting over the hurdle of technical or rocky terrain
    Would like to get one for the wife too. Perhaps, maybe, perchance, possibly, I can get her to try some real trails.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

An e-bike would work as well. Or a 48 tooth rear cassette.

It's not so much the pedaing going up, she's great at that and loves it, as riding through tech sections going down. If it's a dirt highway like kingdom trails she can ride for hours and hours, but gets real timid on rocks and roots
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.