Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Benny - I'm about to sell some Candide 3.0's in 183cm (112mm underfoot) with only several days on them if you're interested. Very light skis.

^ On that note, I have some Praxis Protests in a 184/108 that I know Benny can't ski that he can have for $350 flat. Deal of the century, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Like I said, children. Or more like the bitchy girls table in high school. You bring nothing. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Like I said, children. Or more like the bitchy girls table in high school. You bring nothing. Bye.
    Hey man - you should buy these skis! Drop into some trees and I'll take the under on concussion/facial lacerations/collar bone/acl/mcl/meniscus in 10 turns....

Who wants action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

G-buzz boys - Tech Talk Jongs

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    BF offloads just fine,
    BP has questions regarding this type of gnar.
    F me. Sorry I meant P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Well, I was being serious about the Candide's - they sound just like what you're looking for. I'll be posting them up in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    Splat/Bluehouse,

Is there an import duty shipping skis between the US and Canada? I know there is sales tax if you buy and ship at a retail level, but what about for you guys at the manufacture level?

Thanks
    It all depends on declared value.

Just to throw a nickel at the op discussion...I'd sure love to see some visionaries get hold of this factory. Someone able to progress construction of totally new mind blowing skis. The essence of the ski industry is to make skis as consistently and as cheaply as possible; with emphasis on the cheap. It's why Chinese manufacturing blossomed as it did. Cheap and shiny. Nobody really gives a shit were it's made and, if it's cool looking, even better for those who buy on looks alone. The percentage of skiers buying primarily for high performance functionality is far less than the number buying on price and perception.

The numbers game can become a race to the bottom for manufacturers in many respects, manufacturing with the most efficient, low cost process, the lowest cost for materials and labor...it's nice to make profit. But a lowest cost process has financial limitations when it comes to advancing construction with higher cost materials. In the pursuit of really awesome all around lightweight high performance skis there is a very fine line for making it and breaking it. Not everyone is able or willing to pay for it. I was stoked to see the carbon Katana hit the market. It gave that full view of the future to the masses. Volkl's, Wagner's and DPS's prices reflect the increased engineering, material and labor costs of their carbon skis. I don't think those top end models sell for $350 very often, do they?

It's understandable that, in this economy, given the expert ski market isn't the largest segment to market to, the lowest cost skis will dominate until the average joe has more disposable income. Until then, the guys innovating the carbon skis will set future standards for weight to strength ratios and create measurable performance standards that will accurately document the different benefits and drawbacks of the different composite layups. And people who want and are willing to pay for the innovations will pay for it. I know I'm just rambling here, but I guess what I'm trying to say to whomever Bluehouse goes with is.... please don't just become another casualty in the race to the bottom. Bring something new.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It all depends on declared value.

Just to throw a nickel at the op discussion...I'd sure love to see some visionaries get hold of this factory. Someone able to progress construction of totally new mind blowing skis. The essence of the ski industry is to make skis as consistently and as cheaply as possible; with emphasis on the cheap. It's why Chinese manufacturing blossomed as it did. Cheap and shiny. Nobody really gives a shit were it's made and, if it's cool looking, even better for those who buy on looks alone. The percentage of skiers buying primarily for high performance functionality is far less than the number buying on price and perception.

The numbers game can become a race to the bottom for manufacturers in many respects, manufacturing with the most efficient, low cost process, the lowest cost for materials and labor...it's nice to make profit. But a lowest cost process has financial limitations when it comes to advancing construction with higher cost materials. In the pursuit of really awesome all around lightweight high performance skis there is a very fine line for making it and breaking it. Not everyone is able or willing to pay for it. I was stoked to see the carbon Katana hit the market. It gave that full view of the future to the masses. Volkl's, Wagner's and DPS's prices reflect the increased engineering, material and labor costs of their carbon skis. I don't think those top end models sell for $350 very often, do they?

It's understandable that, in this economy, given the expert ski market isn't the largest segment to market to, the lowest cost skis will dominate until the average joe has more disposable income. Until then, the guys innovating the carbon skis will set future standards for weight to strength ratios and create measurable performance standards that will accurately document the different benefits and drawbacks of the different composite layups. And people who want and are willing to pay for the innovations will pay for it. I know I'm just rambling here, but I guess what I'm trying to say to whomever Bluehouse goes with is.... please don't just become another casualty in the race to the bottom. Bring something new.
    Speaking of racing to the bottom…

These 213s will get you there pretty quick.

132-126-120 straight taper pure carbon build

Light and whippy tip and tail with 4 layer carbon that launches out of turn. Called the 'Impalers'. benny wouldn't like em

and yes, spray paint

Here are the Dr. Shreds, carbon/fiberglass Bluehouse copies. Super buttery centre mount old school bindings

Low profile tip and tail

Surf inspired signatures

My official submission for your consideration. I would do you guys proud but located up here in Girdwood and we all know the ski industry wants nothing to do with AK…

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Speaking of racing to the bottom…

These 213s will get you there pretty quick.

132-126-120 straight taper pure carbon build

Light and whippy tip and tail with 4 layer carbon that launches out of turn. Called the 'Impalers'. benny wouldn't like em

and yes, spray paint

Well, those tips should be illegal. Careful hitting someone. Could go to jail for assault with a deadly weapon.

what happened with this?
    Waiting to hear who the new ski mogul is going to be. Hope it's some maggot round here.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

We wanted to check back in and let everyone know we have finally identified a winner/new owner! We had a lot of submissions and it took a bit longer than expected. We will be taking the next couple of weeks to work through the transition and once that has finished we will be introducing the new owner.

I have a hard time imagining Digitaldeath in a suit and tie pitching investors. But, you never know.

OK so wtf? This is exactly how blue house was before their end. Just post some big contest or shit then go dark. It's coming on ski season what happened? Anyone pressing skis?

#lamefollowup

I bid $1, Bob.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I wonder if it was something like when Yonder announced they were closing shop then we t radio silent to find out they got bought by some marketing company.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

I have a hard time imagining Digitaldeath in a suit and tie pitching investors. But, you never know.
    You can cough it up, can't you

I'll give you an exclusive ski and topsheet.

Maybe we call it chair flailer. *sic

Or the lift gimper

Topsheet will have a sweet dopplemeyer base station with lifties prominently displayed.

Maybe just call it the liftie
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Im in

I'm in

Looks like this actually happened? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...=page_internal

the Name can be pretty important...._Bluehouse rolls off the tongue...but the name doesn't sound like a ski name ,nor is it a real catchy phrase> ...maybe some feisty name similar ,like: "BlewHouse" or "Blowjob Planks" or the infamous '' Powderhouse''name ...if your not naming a ski shop ,its prob o k .
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Some decent prices on the last production run
    http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listi...id=1&ad_cid=12

Quote Originally Posted by VTChrome View Post
    This is great news! Hope they do well!
    In search of some powder.

Saw a Facebook post by bluehouse running some kickstarter starting Feb 1, for a run of maestro/maestra in a 160cm? Like huh? Such a limited market for a 160cm pow ski. Wouldn't 180ish be better for a Kickstarter?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app