Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Kick it's ass, IGs. See you next April on the slopes.

Keep fighting, IG and Mrs. IG!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Any updates on this? IG - any investigation into other options or did you jump on the chemo bandwagon? I've got no dog in the cancer fight, thank god, but too many things just make me think chemo is just profiteering torture.

In any case, we all certainly hope you're getting better.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Any updates on this? IG - any investigation into other options or did you jump on the chemo bandwagon? I've got no dog in the cancer fight, thank god, but too many things just make me think chemo is just profiteering torture.

In any case, we all certainly hope you're getting better.
    Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Thankfully I didn't have chemo; wish I could say the same for Mrs. Gadget. Deliberate poisoning of one's body is never attractive.

I have written an update for the Go-Fund-Me page that can be read here: https://www.gofundme.com/rich-tracy
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Hey IG, how are things?!!

Thank you for asking!

I'm currently sitting in the recovery room with the Boss; she had a follow up surgery and is doing great.

I had a follow up with my urologist last week and he said I'm moving in the right direction. My next follow up in 6 months should give me a better idea of what's really going on.

On a positive note, we've both been skiing and it's nice to be back on snow!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Great to hear you are both doing well.

FKNA, good news IG! Keep fighting and skiing!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Unsticking for just a bit again for some exposure again and an update.

"It is what it is" has been our family motto for the last 7ish years.

I know I've been a ghost around these parts for a long time; sometimes life gets in the way of hangin' with your Maggot and IRL friends. This is not the April Fool's prank I would like to pull on all y'all and I am sorry I can't give each of you one of Mrs. Gadget's cupcakes with a cotton ball baked inside.

I won't go into the minutiae, but I will tell you it came on quickly. Mrs. Gadget has been diagnosed with a new metastatic inflammatory breast cancer. The PET CT shows cancer in the breast, bone, and lymph system. She has also been diagnosed with retroperitoneal fibrosis (you can google if you want to know more) which they are calling a mass or a tumor; it is encroaching on the ureters, gallbladder, and, to a lesser degree, her liver. The fibrosis has made eating anything difficult because her gallbladder gets very angry and the result is severe abdominal cramping. After ten days in Huntsman Cancer Hospital, Mrs. gadget was released on Wednesday - but not before receiving her first dose of chemo.

While I am scared shitless for obvious reasons, Mrs. Gadget is both tough and determined and her Team at Huntsman is amazing. For those reasons and more, I am optimistic that our 34-year love affair has more chapters yet to be written.

Keeping everyone that knows and loves Mrs. Gadget up-to-date via calls, emails, and text messages was quickly becoming an overwhelming task, so I started a site at Caring Bridge for people that want to follow her journey.

Big hugs to my Maggot family!

FKNA man, don't wish that on anyone. Keep that proverbial chin up and give her a hug from our collective.

+++Healing Vibes+++
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Fuck cancer. +++vibes+++ to the Gadget family

Fuck cancer. Thinking good thoughts for IG and Mrs. IG.

Big love from the right coast mang.
    Miss you guys.
    hope she keeps kicking ass,.

Oh man!! Not the Friday vibes I was hoping for. Fuck cancer. Mrs IG has got this, Huntsman is the place - they saved my moms life with a similar diagnosis. Hang in there brother

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

R-vibes and good thoughts coming out of Boise for you guys.

++++ >>>>Much Love IG<<<<++++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Hang tough for her IG. And for yourself.

Definitely hoping post had better news. Medical advances have been huge this past decade. Wishing you both the very best

IG and Mrs IG will be in our prayers.

These threads are always tough to click on.

Fuck cancer.
    I still call it The Jake.

Damn, IG. You'll be in our thoughts. Let me know if there's ever anything we can do to help.

Ugh. Fuck cancer. As Telee said, at least you are getting some of the best care possible at Huntsman.

Your in my prayers

Regardless it’s good to see you around

Despite the obvious. How are you doing?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Inspector Gadget hooked me up in Gear Swap years ago. Solid dude. Best wishes for your family.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

This place and all of you never cease to amaze me. Honestly, when I read through this thread, I am brought to tears. Every time. Thank you all for the love and support.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    How are you doing?
    Me? My numbers aren't going the right way; it's clear the surgery and radiation didn't get all of the cancer. My oncologist and urologist have been able to keep my PSA in check using Lupron or Eligard. The main side effect of these drugs for me is hot flashes; I am going through man-o-pause for the fourth time. Unfortunately, the other downside is my testosterone level is in the teens instead of 550 or 600. It's hard to get motivated to do much and that is why I weigh more than I ever have in my life. Which is not to say I weigh 300 pounds, but I am far from lean.

Thank you for asking @MTT

In short, all of my whiny-little-bitch problems pale in comparison to Mrs. Gadget's.