Too bad the air force has pillar point. Would be a great spot to watch live. They should give it up! Seems to me they don't need it anymore. They can put their high tech shit elsewhere these days. Make that whole area a park.

Couple ridiculous air drops by Greg Long. Some sick rides going down today.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Too bad the air force has pillar point. Would be a great spot to watch live. They should give it up! Seems to me they don't need it anymore. They can put their high tech shit elsewhere these days. Make that whole area a park.
    You used to be able to watch from the bluff until the stupid people got to close to the water and got washed in by a wave. They had to halt the contest and divert water safety to saving idiots. Now they just keep you away.

A good show, but not the biggest Mavs day this season. Kind of wondering why they are running it, in what is a average plus sized day for the spot. I suspect the marketing department just wanted to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I suspect the marketing department just wanted to get it going.
    There usually about 5 dozen factors involved in deciding when to hold these types of events.

Titans Of Mavericks is on

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There usually about 5 dozen factors involved in deciding when to hold these types of events.
    Key among them being they might not get another swell in the contest window.

Not bad. I was pretty impressed with the coverage. It's too bad the Olympics can't be covered in this open form.

How about Greg Long getting the drop of the day a minute AFTER the final horn?

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    How about Greg Long getting the drop of the day a minute AFTER the final horn?
    Damn, I missed that.

Yeah, I didn't even look at the waiting period window. There is not another XXL swell on the horizon. After this we have mellower storms for a bit. And the last few big swells arrived with weather. Probably figuring the best swell/weather combo for at least the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn, I missed that.
    Replay is still online. I'm looking for it right now....go to 6hrs 52 minutes.

Damn, Nic won. I know and surf with his dad, who is a hellman himself. How was that heat? Sounds like a saved by the bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Damn, Nic won. I know and surf with his dad, who is a hellman himself. How was that heat? Sounds like a saved by the bell?
    Definatly slowest heat of the day but event and coverage was phenomenal imho. Nic killed it as did Greg. Nic lamb had some sic waves at Jaws in jan as well. Guy charges. And that young local kid from Samta Cruz crushed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Definatly slowest heat of the day but event and coverage was phenomenal imho. Nic killed it as did Greg. Nic lamb had some sic waves at Jaws in jan as well. Guy charges. And that young local kid from Samta Cruz crushed as well.
    along with Nic there are a few young kids from Santa Cruz for days killing it!!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Nice job, T Payne. Way to represent for locals and SFFD.