Page 593 of 600 FirstFirst ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... LastLast
Results 14,801 to 14,825 of 14983
    Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    These arrived today just in time for a 5-day corn cycle next week. 191BG Tour in a 50/50 layup coming in at 2015g/ski. My way of bringing my late, great ski partner, Yogi along.

Really enjoyed last years 191s, looking forward to seeing if there’s any noticeable(to me) differences with this year.

Attachment 490216

Attachment 490217

Attachment 490218

Attachment 490219
    Two things...

1. Cool rug.

2. Fritchis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Slarve missiles. Stock 187 BG110. The ski I keep coming back to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 2.46.51 PM.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	490654  

Which reminds me….there is a BG108 in the custom ski builder. No specs.

Anybody know?

I think everything should be the same as 118 except width and weight obviously. Have a buddy that custom built some (stock layup) so can report back with weight once they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuff View Post
    Slarve missiles. Stock 187 BG110. The ski I keep coming back to.
    IMHO this is all you need to handle 4-5” to 12-14” days. It’s all I grabbed in that zone this year. The BG110 is phenomenal.
    Those CDs ^ are dope looking, I just can’t justify the use case in maritime snow.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    IMHO this is all you need to handle 4-5” to 12-14” days. It’s all I grabbed in that zone this year. The BG110 is phenomenal.
    Nice! The 182s were not for me - would've been fun to try the 187s though.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    This is where my resort quiver has ended up. ...

Attachment 490461
    184 ON3P BillyGoat (pre-asym) mounted at rec w/ Castified Pivots
    184 ON3P Cease&Desist mounted at rec w/ Castified Pivots
    189 ON3P Cease&Desist mounted at rec w/ Pivots
    cross-post from the quiver thread - my current crop of ON3Ps. All three are sensational skis imho - especially the BG and the longer C&D.

Has anyone messed with mount points on Woodsman 110s or the current 108s? I took a setup on my 182 WD110 that I was *very happy* with and I think I fucked it up a little, oops!

Had: Pivot Duals on the line, LOVED it in my K2 Recons w/ spoiler (14 degrees?) or Tecnica Cochise w/ spoiler (15 degrees?)
    Did: Replaced Pivots with Duke PTs at +0.7, felt way too far over the front of the ski, oversteering with my shins, struggled to find balance, tail felt a lot longer than 0.7 cm!

Damn! I didn't factor in the increased ramp delta from the brake assembly of the Duke, and that Pivot Duals have a higher AFD so I was starting from a flatter position initially - so it was a double whammy of increased ramp and mount moved forward. I removed the cuff spoiler from my Cochises (back to 13 degrees) and I felt a lot more balanced and less over the front of the ski ... but at this mount point I'm still finding the skiing style is totally different than before. I now feel like so much more edge is engaged behind the boot, the ski carves much faster but it feels like I have a lot less suspension in the skis, much less stability, and the rear is staying more hooked up more of the time as I struggle with the new balance point.

I'm totally surprised how sensitive this shift was, seems like a small sweet spot? I'm wondering if the sweet spot is larger in the negative direction, or just as small?

I'm hearing that the Dukes have a huge heel adjustment range, so it's possible that I may be able to remount just the toe, presumably at -0.7. That seems like plan A - if the first mount for Tyrolia Aattack Demos does not interfere! I wonder how they ski behind the line?

The skis have three mounts at this point. I'm hesitant to try CAST and adding a fourth mount ... I could also reinstall the Pivots on the line and try to find another pair of WD110/108s to set up with the Dukes. However that would then make these mostly backup skis that would get used for rare solo ski days only; I mostly ski out of an RV with my family and have been wanting to be able to do quick dawn patrol tours without needing to drag yet another set of skis up.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Has anyone messed with mount points on Woodsman 110s or the current 108s? I took a setup on my 182 WD110 that I was *very happy* with and I think I fucked it up a little, oops!

Had: Pivot Duals on the line, LOVED it in my K2 Recons w/ spoiler (14 degrees?) or Tecnica Cochise w/ spoiler (15 degrees?)
    Did: Replaced Pivots with Duke PTs at +0.7, felt way too far over the front of the ski, oversteering with my shins, struggled to find balance, tail felt a lot longer than 0.7 cm!

Damn! I didn't factor in the increased ramp delta from the brake assembly of the Duke, and that Pivot Duals have a higher AFD so I was starting from a flatter position initially - so it was a double whammy of increased ramp and mount moved forward. I removed the cuff spoiler from my Cochises (back to 13 degrees) and I felt a lot more balanced and less over the front of the ski ... but at this mount point I'm still finding the skiing style is totally different than before. I now feel like so much more edge is engaged behind the boot, the ski carves much faster but it feels like I have a lot less suspension in the skis, much less stability, and the rear is staying more hooked up more of the time as I struggle with the new balance point.

I'm totally surprised how sensitive this shift was, seems like a small sweet spot? I'm wondering if the sweet spot is larger in the negative direction, or just as small?

I'm hearing that the Dukes have a huge heel adjustment range, so it's possible that I may be able to remount just the toe, presumably at -0.7. That seems like plan A - if the first mount for Tyrolia Aattack Demos does not interfere! I wonder how they ski behind the line?

The skis have three mounts at this point. I'm hesitant to try CAST and adding a fourth mount ... I could also reinstall the Pivots on the line and try to find another pair of WD110/108s to set up with the Dukes. However that would then make these mostly backup skis that would get used for rare solo ski days only; I mostly ski out of an RV with my family and have been wanting to be able to do quick dawn patrol tours without needing to drag yet another set of skis up.
    I've skied them both at rec and +1. They are a bit more turny at +1, but the skis are not drastically different from what I can recall. I prefer them at rec, and would prob opt to go back if I had to stray from the line.

This sounds like a delta issue though (though the larger heel footprint of the Marker might slightly change how they ski too). The easy solution is to go Cast, reuse the rec pivot mount and viola - problem fixed. You should not need to drill new holes, other than for the two brake holder screws that are 39mm and 55mm in front of the center of the two most forward screws in the heel.

I had my Woods 110s at +2 with pivots. Thought they felt pretty intuitive there. If I didn’t have a stiff layup Jeff I would have kept the woods and not offloaded them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Probably a style / me thing at this mount then!

I think the OG 108s were at -6.5 cm and the 110s at -7.75 (I have not measured this, I just know that last year ON3P confirmed to me that they moved the mount back -1.25 cm from the OG). On the line and with my cuff spoilers I had really gotten used to laying into my shins and letting the ski and boot suspension do the work; now that I’m more forward and more ramped I feel like the ski isn’t plowing as well and is more likely to rotate under my feet keeping the tails engaged over variable snow. I think this may mostly be due to me struggling with the new balance point and struggling with on/off of shin pressure, whereas before I could stay on my shins more consistently. Like I said, once I pulled my cuff spoilers everything improved drastically but I’m still having suspension and tail issues at this location.

I’ll look into the CAST suggestion some more, and may just finish the season at this mount just so I can see if I can adjust technique any more.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Anyone been on the new woodsman 100? Trying to get a bit better at bumps and think this could be a good tool to use. Feel free to say otherwise!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Probably a style / me thing at this mount then!

I think the OG 108s were at -6.5 cm and the 110s at -7.75 (I have not measured this, I just know that last year ON3P confirmed to me that they moved the mount back -1.25 cm from the OG). On the line and with my cuff spoilers I had really gotten used to laying into my shins and letting the ski and boot suspension do the work; now that I’m more forward and more ramped I feel like the ski isn’t plowing as well and is more likely to rotate under my feet keeping the tails engaged over variable snow. I think this may mostly be due to me struggling with the new balance point and struggling with on/off of shin pressure, whereas before I could stay on my shins more consistently. Like I said, once I pulled my cuff spoilers everything improved drastically but I’m still having suspension and tail issues at this location.

I’ll look into the CAST suggestion some more, and may just finish the season at this mount just so I can see if I can adjust technique any more.
    I’ll chime in though it’s probably not too helpful given I just acquired some 187 110s from N1CK and used them all of one day (afternoon if you wanna get specific). Also I’m a hack. I did get a lot of different conditions though.

It looks like mine are at about +.35. That feels like a pretty forward mount to me already. Not gonna fuck with it, but they def ski like I could go back, but wouldn’t want any more forward.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    I’ll chime in though it’s probably not too helpful given I just acquired some 187 110s from N1CK and used them all of one day (afternoon if you wanna get specific). Also I’m a hack. I did get a lot of different conditions though.

It looks like mine are at about +.35. That feels like a pretty forward mount to me already. Not gonna fuck with it, but they def ski like I could go back, but wouldn’t want any more forward.

How was the first day?

My Wds 110s land tomorrow!

I have BG 110 stock layup on the line and they feel dialed in most conditions

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1153.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	490971

Just some friends hanging out together

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1153.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	490971

\

How's the new Woodsman 108?

Holy crap - that photo made me want to order me some skis!

Wood108tour, BG118 186?, WD108, BG118 191? Varied choices of binders too

I wish I had cool friends like that lol. Moving down to PNW this summer and considering upgrading my 187 stock BG110 to something with a little more width, but I also want to get a lighter touring setup at the same time. The obvious answer is I need to get 2 more skis, but for financial reasons I have been considering a BG118 Tour in either 186 or 191 (Im 6-3 about 230 for ref) which would save some weight for touring and hopefully give better float for truly deeper days inbounds.

So looking at topsheets are those 118 Tours with alpine bindings, and if so I'm curious how they havr been for general inbounds use? I still love the 110s and they definitely have their place, so would just be an expansion and not a replacement, though I would probably look to move the Tectons over and put a non-touring binding on the 110s.

Might anyone in SW Co have a pair of current style 108 woodsmans that a 270ish bsl could click into? I know it’s a long shot…

That’s where mine have been for the last 8 years. Allows you to drive the ski more.
    Finally mounted the K108's (191) 2cm behind the line and very happy with the results. I had them up for sale because I wanted a Woodsman instead, but now I'm good with them.

Has anyone skied the Mango 100?

Thinking about it as a jibby low-tide, park-capable option to complement my Jeff 110.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post

Thinking about it as a jibby low-tide, park-capable option to complement my Jeff 110.
    Wait.
    Training for Alpental

I have a pair and they are very fun. I am shit at park so perhaps not the best at determining the good-ness of a park ski.

The park detune that ON3P does makes them surfier and not as likely to catch an edge on a feature, but holy shit are they terrifying for on anything remotely hard.

Very easy to butter, spin, etc on them. I’ve taken my Mango 100s down steeper terrain at Meadows like A-Zone and they do okay (as long as it’s not icy). Definitely a good ski for maximizing the fun-ness of gentle terrain.

Not sure why Session is telling you to wait. Maybe a new model is coming out…

Why not narrower Jeffery?

If anyone is looking for some older (2018/19) Kartel 108 181s with two pairs of holes in them, I'm unloading some.