Page 47 of 599 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by critical-motion View Post
    ... Or a ski trip to Europe when it doesn't snow for two weeks, which seems to happen to me every time. I'm contemplating something narrower than my 12/13' Viciks for hardpack, although they have been outstanding on firm snow considering their waist width (104mm).

Couldn't help myself and ordered some 16' Billy Goats to use in the pow we've been getting up north lately. Has anyone mounted their BGs on anything other than the "recommended" line?

Training for Alpental

^^^due to bad shop mount (I know mount your own skis) first pair was at -1. Squirrelly and a mess. Got replacement pair and put on he line. Sweeeeeeet. Mount on the line and doubly check
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Anybody skied the new C&D? Nobody's reviewed that ski on here, and I thought we'd see at least a few reviews after the big changes made.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ^^^due to bad shop mount (I know mount your own skis) first pair was at -1. Squirrelly and a mess. Got replacement pair and put on he line. Sweeeeeeet. Mount on the line and doubly check
    10-4, I'll stick with the factory mount point. I was considering going back -1 for more float because I'm going with only 179cm BGs due to a dodgy knee that couldn't handle the swing weight of my 11/12 186 BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Anybody skied the new C&D? Nobody's reviewed that ski on here, and I thought we'd see at least a few reviews after the big changes made.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

2016/2017 - ON3P SKIS Thread (Finally)

^^^res makes th ski float more like 120-122 ski. Just go faster dammit.

Billy goat comment

Would like to see a 186 c & d or try old 183
    Last edited by whyturn; 02-21-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I'm laughing way harder than I should at this.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Now that's funny stuff right there, I don't care who you is....

Are you talking about the 16/17? I skied it a few times in massive blower last Winter and think it's the greatest powder ski ever made in my extremely biased opinion.

As for the 17/18 OTS, Skull filled monster it is even better, but we need to get more people on it when weather permits at demos. Two positive reviews from me on our own skis and I need to banish myself.
    You should have been here yesterday!

^^^any upcoming demos?
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

I own four pairs of ON3P currently and while the C&D is intriguing, I probably need to demo them first before I'd ever pull the trigger.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I got to ski the k116 today and was really surprised at how solid it was. Able to ski fast through soft mank over frozen mank with ease while still being on the more playful side.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I got to ski the k116 today and was really surprised at how solid it was. Able to ski fast through soft mank over frozen mank with ease while still being on the more playful side.
    Been so stoked on it since I got mine.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Compare/contrast vs gunsmoke? Seems like K116 is to BG as gunsmoke is to 2013 (and new 2018) bodacious. Based on reviews, it seems like the blizzard skis are on the chargier side vs the analogous ON3P skis. That's why I'm leaning BG, but if someone were to say K116 is more solid/chargy than a gunsmoke, it would complicate the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Are you talking about the 16/17? I skied it a few times in massive blower last Winter and think it's the greatest powder ski ever made in my extremely biased opinion.

As for the 17/18 OTS, Skull filled monster it is even better, but we need to get more people on it when weather permits at demos. Two positive reviews from me on our own skis and I need to banish myself.
    I did mean 16.17, but what are the changes for next season? Are you guys demoing 17.18 skis now? Would love to try me some asymm BGs, too. Might be able to make the next Loveland demo. Planning to be in CB early March, but unfortunately the opposite weekends of the demos.

photos

Since I'm not at all jibby, I've ignored the Kartel series, but reading through recent comments, I have to add them back to my list of "possibles" to demo. None of this is to say that Steeples & next year's BG's don't have my attention ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I did mean 16.17, but what are the changes for next season? Are you guys demoing 17.18 skis now? Would love to try me some asymm BGs, too. Might be able to make the next Loveland demo. Planning to be in CB early March, but unfortunately the opposite weekends of the demos.
    We will probably have some of the 17/18 skis for demo floating around late season after some of the industry events we are doing. Some key skis and sizes in different regions.

Beer and high fives may get you a ski or two in CO. Just sayin.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Everything is Tyrolia Attack 13 Demos minus (1) pair of 184cm Steeple 108 mounted with G3.
    Does this also apply to Powtron's Colorado demo fleet as well?

I'm running Lange XT-130 Freetours with WTR soles, and the consensus from a couple of other threads is that I'm OK with the Attack's (has toe height adjustment). Obviously, the G3's are fine (the Langes have tech inserts). I didn't attend the February demo, 'coz I couldn't get an answer to this question in time.

Thanks!
    Thom
    Galibier Design

Pulled the trigger on some 184 BGs. I think I got the last pair on sale at evo. Stoked to get them out to Revy this march

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    You'll be fine. All the ON3P demos use the same Tyrolia attack demo bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I own four pairs of ON3P currently and while the C&D is intriguing, I probably need to demo them first before I'd ever pull the trigger.
    I have skied them (not since they went asym though). They're really fun. But I haven't quite been able to justify the purchase for a ski that would only see 2-3 days a year of use. If I lived somewhere that got more snow and/or could ski midweek regularly I'd probably own a pair.

I think JoshA needs a Tahoe demo fleet.

Or cut me a deal on a pair of 17/18 C&D's with Attack demo bindings and I will lend them out.

Thanks to this ridiculous season we have been having in Tahoe I have been able to get out on my old 191 Caylor's and 191 Wren's, forgot how much fun both of these skis can be in the right conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    No mention of Schweitzer. Bummer.
    3/4 Demo Day at Schweitzer.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    You'll be fine. All the ON3P demos use the same Tyrolia attack demo bindings.
    Thanks! I just put the March demo on my calendar.
    Galibier Design

Hey Iggy and Team,

Any maintenance suggestions for the wood veneer topsheets? What do you guys seal them with (or is it a trade secret)?