Page 59 of 594 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Your weight/height? Bindings and mount point?
    188lbs, 5'11 tall. Attack13 demo bindings set at the recommended point. I didn't even think about experimenting +/- .
    I'll pull the demo plates and reuse the 13s if I can, or remount with a pair of my wardens.

N1CK, welcome to the Wren world
    You should have been here yesterday!

Handfull of skis left that just went to $499 by using code "GETSOME" on our website. Cease and Desist, Steeples, couple Wrens.

https://shop.on3pskis.com/collections/old-stock

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Handfull of skis left that just went to $499 by using code "GETSOME" on our website. Cease and Desist, Steeples, couple Wrens.

https://shop.on3pskis.com/collections/old-stock
    Oooh, if only there were a 108 Wren...

Just back from an interesting trip to the Sierras. Skied my 12/13 Viciks and 16/17 Billy Goats in everything from refrozen mank to wind-consolidated powder and sun-baked mashed potatoes. Viciks were fun and versatile in most conditions, but the BGs were even more of a blast in anything even remotely soft.

At 5'8" and 175lbs I found that my 179cm BGs (mounted on the line) were pretty much unsinkable and super easy to throw around in trees and tight chutes even with hooky, heavy snow. I'd certainly say that anyone taller or heavier than me should size up to the 184s though as I'm probably at the size limit for the 179s. Note that I'm a strong skier but do have a preference for skis that are not much taller than me.

The BGs are probably one of the easiest skis in these conditions that I've tried- much less grabby than the 09/10 Wrens (181cm), 13/14 Moment Bibbys (184cm), and Nordica Patrons (185cm) which I previously owned. I even enjoyed them on soft groomers and they don't wander much when running flat on the bases on traverses and catwalks. They are a great improvement over the 09/10 and 11/12 BGs I've previously skied. I'd have preferred a longer, straighter ski (Wren 108) for the wide-open faces at Mammoth, but they were just right for the tighter trees and chutes at Alpine Meadcows and Squaw. I was stoked about their versatility!

Speaking of stoke, here's my BGs in their natural element in a rare pocket of deep snow at Mammoth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BGStoke.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	203412

On further reflection, I have no regrets going with the 16/17 BGs and not waiting for the 17/18s with the asym tip and tail design. While I can see that the asym design might reduce hookiness and improve slarvability in funky snow by lessening the effective length of the outside edge, I rarely experienced any hooking despite skiing some of the funkiest snow I have skied since leaving the PNW. I'm a happy camper.
    Last edited by critical-motion; 03-28-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Oooh, if only there were a 108 Wren...
    We maybe have some pairs coming back from a dealer (if they ever arrive) in which case we'll post up here first. Not sure on sizing or when they might actually arrive though. One of those "they are in the mail" but never arrive situations...
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    We maybe have some pairs coming back from a dealer (if they ever arrive) in which case we'll post up here first. Not sure on sizing or when they might actually arrive though. One of those "they are in the mail" but never arrive situations...
    Thank you Scott!

I'll check in regularly.

Same here...! I want a 189 108 realz bad...!

Someone please buy the last pair of Cease and Desists so I don't do something irrational. Im waiting to buy a pair of Custom BGs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Someone please buy the last pair of Cease and Desists so I don't do something irrational. Im waiting to buy a pair of Custom BGs next year.
    haha, I keep thinking the same thing... I already got custom BG and K98's, but a part of me is like "well....... I don't have a dedicated pow ski....."

Whoever scored the Wren 98 at 184 for $499 congratulations and thanks! I really needed those but they are behind a couple of other needs.

Sold them this morning

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Sold them this morning
    check the order name..

I did something irrational

check the order name..

I did something irrational
    Yessir...thought it may be, haha.

I waited 12 hours.. I felt like I was at the pound, and the C&Ds were looking at me with their big round puppy eyes, just waiting for me to take them home.

I haven't seen a review on these skis, has anyone logged any significant time on these bad boys? Asym?

Re a few comments above.

I have 189 wren 108's. 5 days on them, none low tide.

Love them but considering moving down a size for my purposes, and could use some cash right now.

If anyone wants to throw some money at me for these, PM me.

edit: price for skis flat will start with a 5. I'm not desperate to sell them and at that price they're the cheapest way into a pair...feel free to price police me and I'll just keep skiing them and loving them.
    Last edited by optics; 03-29-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Paging undertow....

I waited 12 hours.. I felt like I was at the pound, and the C&Ds were looking at me with their big round puppy eyes, just waiting for me to take them home.

I haven't seen a review on these skis, has anyone logged any significant time on these bad boys? Asym?
    I have but I'm biased.

Let's just say they are Fucking unreal in deep snow and you got a hell of a deal on one of the best powder skis ever made. Again, biased but non-alternative fact.

Any one have a line on some wrenegade 108? 184 or 189.

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Any one have a line on some wrenegade 108? 184 or 189.
    Think it was eBay where I saw 2 pairs of 184's

Just had my 16-17 184 Billy Goats out at snowbird today. First time on them and had some 6" of wet pow in the morning and then epic chop in the afternoon. The BGs were AMAZING. Super stoked I pulled the trigger on these late in the season. Don't know how I ended up with serial no 001 but I'll take them. This is the best soft snow ski in the 115-118 category I've been on in a while. Resort pow day tool.

Now I gotta get my hands on a wren...

I snagged the last pair of 189 Steeple 108's. Going to mount them with Ion 12's. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by skibass View Post
    Don't know how I ended up with serial no 001 but I'll take them.
    First ski into inventory, last ski out. We get asked about it frequently enough when people buy late season. Glad you are enjoying the skis!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I snagged the last pair of 189 Steeple 108's. Going to mount them with Ion 12's. Stoked.
    Nice. I actually went to buy those today. Solid buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebornstein View Post
    Nice. I actually went to buy those today. Solid buy.
    I had them in my cart at one point too. Slowroast, get them mounted up and let us know your thoughts.