Page 3 of 594 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Giant View Post
    Ok kids; i've been searching up down left right and sideways for a good review of the Steeple 112. I've found basically squat. A little bit on the 102.
    So who's skiing the 112? More importantly touring on it as an everday type ski?
    The regular Billy obviously looks and sounds phenomenal but weighs too much for me to want to tour on.
    Are ON3P's listed weight specs usually pretty accurate? Listed weight for the 112 @ 189 is 2.15 kg per ski which is just about my limit.
    I've been on the Steeple 112 for the last two years, exclusively bc. I can't recall exactly what they weighed before inserts, but I do remember the advertised weight being accurate.

As for how they ski, I've had them on every possible snow type and they're killing my quiver. They float like a 120 in powder and bite like a 95 on windblown chalk. Very intuitive in trees, stable at speed. The flat/slightly curved tail is $$. Tail clips stay put.

6'2 210lbs with pack. TLT speed radicals and TLT6p. Mounted recommended.

Be happy to answer any specifics

Steeple 98 looks great

STEEPLE 112 INFO

Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    I've been on the Steeple 112 for the last two years, exclusively bc. I can't recall exactly what they weighed before inserts, but I do remember the advertised weight being accurate.

As for how they ski, I've had them on every possible snow type and they're killing my quiver. They float like a 120 in powder and bite like a 95 on windblown chalk. Very intuitive in trees, stable at speed. The flat/slightly curved tail is $$. Tail clips stay put.

6'2 210lbs with pack. TLT speed radicals and TLT6p. Mounted recommended.

Be happy to answer any specifics

Thankyou Mr. Trapp. Sounds good.
    What length?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Giant View Post
    Thankyou Mr. Trapp. Sounds good.
    What length?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Steeple 98 looks great
    Got your email. Be in touch soon
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Steeple 98 looks great
    Agreed. Now we just need the Can $ to rebound so we can afford to purchase!
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    FWIW...the Wren 88 is STUPID FUN. Yes I am biased, but holy crap does that thing rail. It is actually stiffer than the Wren 98
    PT, talk to me a little bit about the 88. Just skied the 88 Brahma's last night, fun ski, haven't skied anything that narrow underfoot for a while now, it likes to turn and fast. How would you compare the Brahma to the Wren 88?

Spent most of the month on my 2011 BG 191s (the year where only 191s had RES). Fucking love them: super stable, no fucks given. I got curious. What differences will I notice if I pick up this year/next year's BGs in a 189/184 (both in general and size-wise)? With the 191s, nearly everything is awesome, but I occasionally get a bit thrown/worked, err, billy goating around and in tight trees.

I got my brother on a shorter pair this year (light dude), and they're making him ridiculously happy.

Guess I've gotta pick up some wren 98s too.

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Spent most of the month on my 2011 BG 191s (the year where only 191s had RES). Fucking love them: super stable, no fucks given. I got curious. What differences will I notice if I pick up this year/next year's BGs in a 189/184 (both in general and size-wise)? With the 191s, nearly everything is awesome, but I occasionally get a bit thrown/worked, err, billy goating around and in tight trees.

I got my brother on a shorter pair this year (light dude), and they're making him ridiculously happy.

Guess I've gotta pick up some wren 98s too.
    You will notice an improvement in handling with the 189 vs the 191...it is slightly narrower, has a different tail profile (and shorter tail), and slightly lighter feel underfoot. These are all small differences, but I can notice them when I ski the skis back to back with no problems.

As for the 2017 BG in 189 vs the 191 you have...all of the above and then a difference on groomers and harder snow where the taper points and length have been modified to enable a bit more grip when needed.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Hey PowTron
    so I've been looking at the Steeple 112's cuz i want a touring ski in that approx width. Steeples seem attractive just due to the evolved Billygoat heritage, although i've never skied the Billys . . .
    I've read lots about the Billygoats so guess i know what they're about; just wondering how similar the Steeple 112 actually feels. You know, how well it keeps that easy, intuitive. snag-free in the tip feel i keep hearing about with the Billy's.

Wouldn't bother you about this, but i've literally found only like two reviews.
    I know I know "search jong" yadayada whatever. Search function kinda sucks.

Hey Powtron,

Thanks. One question: You're comparing the 2016 189 vs 2017 189, in both cases, right? What about 184/189? If I'm just occasionally too much of a pussy for the 191, is it worth taking the 184 for a test run, or are the differences to the 189 enough probably? I finally managed to do some "real harm" (first core shots and slightly fucked edge) to the 2011 BGs, so I'm pretty sure I gotta buy more shit.

The 189 and the 191 are pretty much equivalent.

Loveland demo is on for Sunday, March 13th?

Still going back and forth between the two Steeples & the Goat.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Any Colorado demos March 21-27th? Will be in Town those days, hoping for some snow too

According to friflyt.no there'll be a 113 Wrenegade - Dennis Risvoll's pro model. Sounds like a 191 charger.

Any more info on that?

2016/2017 - ON3P SKIS Thread (Finally)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    According to friflyt.no there'll be a 113 Wrenegade - Dennis Risvoll's pro model. Sounds like a 191 charger.

Any more info on that?
    Umm... Next year's catalogue is already out. So... You can see what's listed.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 03-06-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

In case this slipped past anyone, I just noticed that next year's Steeple 98 has a traditional sidecut. It's more of a touring version of a Wren. The Steeple 112 has retains RES and can still be thought of as a touring Billy Goat.

[edit] correction: next year's fat Steeple drops from 112-108 (and retains the RES profile).

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-07-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Tahoe, they did mention in the article that it wasn't in the new catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Tahoe, they did mention in the article that it wasn't in the new catalogue.
    I assume it's a 191 wren 112 or 108 as discussed in the old thread. Sorry, that was kind of a dickish response on my part.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    In case this slipped past anyone, I just noticed that next year's Steeple 98 has a traditional sidecut. It's more of a touring version of a Wren. The Steeple 112 has retains RES and can still be thought of as a touring Billy Goat.

... Thom
    Except it's 108....

At one point I heard some chatter that ON3P was considering bringing back the 191cm Wren as a preorder only, special edition ski. Built to order, no inventory, and I assume no deals. Basically for the people that have whined about the 191 Wren going away, it's pay up or shut up. So I assume that's what friflty.no is talking about.

Looks nice... Steeple 98 is a cool looking ski. Still kinda heavy (for my weak wimpy self) but the 179 @ 1860g is at least in the conversation now.

Does your demo fleet ever make it to the SLC area? Any demos w/tech bindings?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    At one point I heard some chatter that ON3P was considering bringing back the 191cm Wren as a preorder only, special edition ski. Built to order, no inventory, and I assume no deals. Basically for the people that have whined about the 191 Wren going away, it's pay up or shut up. So I assume that's what friflty.no is talking about.
    That seems longer the right way to do the big charger skis, that or one ski for 2-3 years. from the outside the demand seems to be in waves for such a ski

It's not like the Billy Goat really needs any more love on TGR but I now have a dozen or so days on my new-to-me 12/13 191 BGs and I can't contain myself.

This past weekend especially showed me just how amazing they are. Saturday was 10" of disgustingly dense new snow with snain coming down at Kirkwood. And by the time we got there it was really cut up and gnarly. There were chunks of snow 1'+ cubed that were not breaking apart when skied through. Really challenging conditions and my buddy on his Cochises was suffering. The BGs though made it actually fun. In the really gnarly places I could make quick, short radius turns to maneuver through it. When it was a little more even I could start trenching big turns and the skis just busted through it all. And the dampness made the ride as smooth as it could possibly be.

Then yesterday was 18" of much better quality - but still heavy and dense - powder. I could still keep my weight far forward without any worries of tip dive. And the landing platform is so stable. I landed a jump too far forward and for a moment thought my heels were going to rip out the bindings but the tips were strong enough to bounce me back upright. And the tails are always there for leverage when I land in the backseat.

Oh, and over the course of the season I've skied over a ton of rocks and have barely scratched the bases. They are incredibly bombproof.

So good...

I'm looking forward to trying some other on3p skis in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I assume it's a 191 wren 112 or 108 as discussed in the old thread. Sorry, that was kind of a dickish response on my part.
    Zero offense taken :-) I knew it sounded funny, but Fri Flyt is usually a reliable source.

For your pleasure, here's Google Translate's wonderful effort - in all its deranged glory:

"Dennis' promo dell
    2017 Stuff : On3p Wrenegade 113 is Dennis Risvoll his pro-model with the US skimerket - a pair of skis that will require her husband.

Wrenegade 113 is admittedly not in On3p its list of next year's Ski models , but the three narrower Wrenegade editions provide enough an idea of ​​what next winter's "Norwegian" pro-model features .

- Dennis its signaturski Wrenegade 113 in 191 centimeters we will take in some pieces off. But it will probably be a handful for most , says importer Jørgen Power Quist in JBS Sport."