Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    6' 2" and 165lbs? Are your bones hollow? Are you an ostrich?
    Eat red meat and drink beer. That will solve the flex problem.
    ...says the tub o' lard who only skis on the internet, not on snow.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    You mis read me. * * *

Longer tib-fib(than femur) is good for upright bad for forward

Shorter Tib-fib(than femur) is bad for upright, good for forward.
    Shocking that someone might misread a functional illiterate. Tell me how your black-and-white categories arose, chubby. And why they are so definitive.

First they are not black and white. Forward and upright are all relative. My forward ramp angle will not work someone else unless their tib/femur ratio is exactly the same as mine.

Longer femurs/short tib fibs mean that as your ankles and knees flex your COM goes backward much faster while flexing than someone who has shorter femur/long tib femur. You can think of it as this. When your lower legs is leaning forward(The combined angle of the delta/forward lean) the longer the bottom of the leg vs the top has a ton to do where your Center of mass will end up. As you Flex if your COM falls behind your Base of Support it become impossible to remain in balance in any terrain/turn that will cause either both legs flexing or one leg flexing. If it falls forwards the boots will feel to soft and you feel like you are going over the handlebars.

It really does nt matter what I say. I am just telling everyone what is physics. The exact number are clear if you take the time to measure each person.

This is not video showing the difference between long femurs/short tibs vs short femur long tibs but it does show what happens if you are to upright or to far forward.

So there's an Anatomic Ideal Ratio for L-Tib vs L-Femur (where "L" is "length"), and any deviations from that ideal will dictate a skier's needs for boot ramp angle, boot forward lean and binding delta?

Because of "physics"?

Really?

What a magical thing, citing "physics." Where's Robt J Oppenheimer?

Like stuckie, you're just regurgitating something you read somewhere. What happens when a long-femur (in relation to tibia) person actually skis better with a more upright setting? Or when an experienced boot fitter and alignment guy suggests more upright for such a person? Is the skier actually skiing worse and it takes a whacker of shrubs to show him/her exactly why? Is the fitter/alignment guy actually wrong and should shut his practice down in favor of a whacker of shrubs taking over with expertise doled out by the word?

"Here, I've examined your leg x-rays and measured your bones. Because of physics (which I read on the internet) you need to stand like I say you should stand. I'm whacking bushes all day, trust me. It's physics."

Switch to a nice hardy Scotch Ale.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

hey i am just here to help people and provide the correct info. If people want to continue to suck listening to Uncle crud I guess he has a right to thrunt up every thread.

Ok find me a person who has 20 percent larger femurs so say 48.0cm Femur and 38.0cm Tib and skis well with a ramp angle that is closer to a KR2 and not to a OG Krypton. pictures and videos must be provided.

hey i am just here to confuse people and provide random info. If people want to continue to suck, keep listening to me. Uncle crud isn't a Dolphin Turn master, so he has less TGR cred than me, plus he never dismissively says "get the red ones." Who you gonna believe?
    Fixed for accuracy.

Also, "thrunting"? Only teletubbies like you & stuckie have the steroid-infused wattle between chin and torso.

talk about a thread jack..... can't figure out what half of these posts even mean!

CF, did you get your boots working?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    talk about a thread jack..... can't figure out what half of these posts even mean!

CF, did you get your boots working?
    Seriously, I wish I could delete posts. Fossil, you aren't adding anything, please stop.

I haven't been to a fitter yet. I'll keep you all posted.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Seriously, I wish I could delete posts. Fossil, you aren't adding anything, please stop.

If you're still in Tride, definitely hit up Boot Doctors. Super skilled and knowledgable staff.

I've got a 48cm-37cm femur to tibia ratio. I've skied the OG Kryptons for years and the largest forward lean insert has always felt very comfortable to me. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new pair of KR2's. I want the boot to be great for me (and for others) so let me know if I can help clear up any discrepancies so that I (and others) can get dialed in.

BushwackerinPA definitely knows what he is talking about.

Look, the trusties have circled their wagons around the teletubby.

What boot works for you, and what setup of that boot will work for you, are about many more variables than L-Fem vs L-Tib. But go on and praise Bulky Josh, he's got the long-standing Maggot Rep down solid, which absolves him of any need for accuracy, completeness, or the ability to see alternatives outside what he firmly believes himself.

Just because something "feels right" doesn't answer any question aside from "how does this feel?" Unless you are at the pinnacle of where your skiing could be, given your native talents and the time you've spent developing them, then what you "feel" is nothing more than a sensation, and isn't proof that you're at the optimum setup for you and where your skiing could be. Of course you can and should dismiss this statement I've just made, because I'm not a teletubby and I don't spend my time jumping through PSIA hoops to get a gold pin that supposedly proves I know everything about skiing. Conversely, the whacker of shrubs has posted lots of video showing himself at 6mph in the Stowe trees, which "stokes" the Maggot Kingdom something fierce. So, go with Josh, he just discovered alignment this year, and it's made him a global authority on the subject.

You don't know anything on the subject, but even on that tabula rasa background, you know I'm not adding anything when I say there's more to it than Josh's simple BS assertion?

I swear, Maggot-dom can frequently become Maggot Dumb, and mostly because of Online Fakery. Perfect handle for that, bubba!

I am asserting facts. What I am asserting is can actually be proven. I posted numbers, if other who felt the OG Krypton had the correct ramp angle they cna post they Femur to Tib Ration as well. I have been reading about alignment and getting online coaching from several extremely high end coaches on how to change things in the boots. The majority of boots fitters with the exception of people like PJ @race stock really do not know alignment.

I have had the OG Kryps. I have current models including the Lupo SP, Pro, and Fusion. I like all of them. I ski them all well, and they range in flex from 130-120. Feels like the flex was very similar from one boot to the next, but there are slight differences in fit. I'm not sure that I'd say one is better than the other for me as far as that goes. That said, I felt I skied a little better in the OG boot. Could be that the new design is a bit more upright? Who knows? I will always ski these boots as long as Dalbello keeps making them. I bought a bunch of rep samples which happened to be my size...just in case things change since they were spin off by Elan to K2, and then Rubbermaid. I would find it odd for Full Tilt, Dalbello, and K2 boots would co-exist under the same roof.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I am asserting facts. What I am asserting is can actually be proven. I posted numbers, if other who felt the OG Krypton had the correct ramp angle they cna post they Femur to Tib Ration as well. I have been reading about alignment and getting online coaching from several extremely high end coaches on how to change things in the boots. The majority of boots fitters with the exception of people like PJ @race stock really do not know alignment.
    Yeah right. Facts. Without context in the presentation and apparently, without a context in your mind -- apparently, because you present them as if they speak for themselves. Tib/Fem ratio doesn't speak for itself.

Josh, instead of being satisfied with your progress to L3, you constantly remind us how much you want not only to be an "expert" but also a boss who bosses others around. None of this speaks well of your ego. You can say it's all your "online act," and be a David Rontal or Kevin Bazar or Wendell Stam about things, and get angry when someone equates your online bravado/idiocy/ignorance/egomania with your meatspace self, but it's not reflecting well on you. Pretending at deep expertise when you're in the shallow end of things isn't impressive.

Saying "I'm an examiner" doesn't mean boo. Nobody's trying to pass an L1 here online in this thread by the virtue of their comments. Examiners I've met and skied with may, or may not, know anything about alignment. Depends on the examiner and his/her desired area of focus. So when you say you're an examiner, you're just appealing to authority that may not even be there.

Also, the lame attempts at being a satirist of PSIA aren't really working here. I'm not defending PSIA myself, but you can't decide whether you want to mock PSIA, or gloat over your advancing up the Levels.

Thread relevance: Kr to KR2 = different boot, different aims at Dalbello's end of things, KR2 is more anatomic in its mold and assumes a more centered and upright skiing stance because most skis built since the start of the decade (2010) assume the same. If you're used to skiing a compressed egg-shaped racerboy stance at 45mph everywhere on the hill, the KR2 probably won't feel great stance-wise, even if you like the fit and flex and lateral response. And definitely, the KR2 isn't enough boot for a HE-MAN like Brian Lindahl.

I had to remind myself how to do this, but I expect it will be well worth the effort.

Add Creaky Fossil to your ignore list
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

I had to remind myself how to do this, but I expect it will be well worth the effort.

Add Creaky Fossil to your ignore list
    Congratulations on having the maturity of a 9 year old, Spindrift.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Came from OG Krypton pros.

Now in a KR2 Lupo SP.

Love the newer fit. My heel feels like its in jail now. More upright stance which is annoying and non-adjustable in the Lupo, but you will get used to it.

Havent noticed them being stiffer tho...Still that progressive 3 piece flex that we all fell in love with.
    Bushwacker - so does adding 2mm raisers of ramp angle to the binding's heel piece have the same effect as ramping the boot 2mm?

^ probably different physics.... I but a shim between the liner and upper cuff for added forward lean.

Quote Originally Posted by coskiguy View Post
    Bushwacker - so does adding 2mm raisers of ramp angle to the binding's heel piece have the same effect as ramping the boot 2mm?
    yes exactly the same.

The reason why I would do the boot though is because some binding can not be ramped, so its easier to ramp the boot to what you need and ramp all the binding the same and be anal about it.

So all this talk about the femur and tib length that Bushwacker has brought up. I measured with my best guess of the start and stopping point of each and I am pretty much exactly the same length for both- 32 inch inseam, each one is 16 inches. So what does that mean for the back seat and forward lean. (Do we need to take this over to Epic now? )

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So all this talk about the femur and tib length that Bushwacker has brought up. I measured with my best guess of the start and stopping point of each and I am pretty much exactly the same length for both- 32 inch inseam, each one is 16 inches. So what does that mean for the back seat and forward lean. (Do we need to take this over to Epic now? )
    It means you're anatomically perfect and no correction is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post

well here is what I do when aligning people and realize I only measure to start ball parking the shims I am actually going to try.

I measure from ankle bone to knee joint, then from knee joint to hip joint. The distance between your ankle bone to the ground is irrelevant.

RShea with out know your current boot I have really no idea what it means. even with taking into the account that you measured differently from me, I think you tib to femur lenght is more equal than me and that means the Kr2 could be in the ball park of ramp angle that works with you, but with out having picture of videos of you skiing its impossible know.

I also would go to Pugski.com on epic I am unable to answer your questions :P

My current boot is a Krypton KR2 Fusion new for me this season. I have custom footbeds (Amfit) that were used in previous traditional 4 buckle boots that I was back seating and when they were made, I requested some lift in the heal be added. However in the Krypton KR2 I have some arch pain where the rivets is (right foot) so I had to have them ground down some for lower ramp. Hence the questions and inquiry.

so lifting the heel inside the boot would not the same thing as lifting it between the boot and binding. From my understanding the fusion boot board can not be ground so there for you can not modify is ramp(aka delta)