I have seen the future?

Brooke is a great guy who has been working on this project for years. He also happens to be a killer trailbuilder and rider with skillz.
    http://sinuosity.net/

Guess you're walking you bike if you hit any snowless patches. Hate to admit it but looks pretty damn fun.

I got scared when he hit the snow ramp.

Even those goldens are like "WTF?! KILL IT"
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I must be in the minority but that looks like one of the most legit uses of a fat bike I've seen. No front wheel auguring in soft snow, faster "rolling"......

Looks fun.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Drifty good times. Counter-steering is shredding.

Looks like it would be a blast.

I think it could be done a lot cleaner. Instead of a mechanism that attaches to your existing fork why not just replace the whole fork with a single tube to a pivot mounted right at the ski? It only takes a couple minutes to whip off your fork and replace it. With his version it looks like he takes off his front brake, so replacing the whole fork won't take any longer, it would actually be less hassle.

And why not get big fucking paddles on the rear tire? Someone needs to start manufacturing them for bikes.
    Last edited by Beaver; 02-19-2016 at 04:36 PM.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Looks like it would be a blast.

I think it could be done a lot cleaner. Instead of a mechanism that attaches to your existing fork why not just replace the whole fork with a single tube to a pivot mounted right at the ski? It only takes a couple minutes to whip off your fork and replace it. With his version it looks like he takes off his front brake, so replacing the whole fork won't take any longer, it would actually be less hassle.

And why not get big fucking paddles on the rear tire? Someone needs to start manufacturing them for bikes.
    Not seeing why it would be any easier to have a separate fork, still have to remove the break. It looks like it's as simple as changing the tire. If you really wanted to Macgyver it you could do a linked quick disco break line (assuming a wire setup in the front).

Paddle tire would make for a bumpy ass ride, but I would be lying if I said that thought didn't cross my mind. Better option would be some sort of chains for the way up.

You would only have to take off your brake lever and leave the caliper on the fork. It would be much lighter and simpler.

Or just stick a bleed spacer in the caliper and try to remember not to grab the front brake when you want to slow down.

In HS I was at targhee with some friends and pretty much everything but the lower chairs were closed due to wind and visibility. They had these snow bikes (no wheels, just two skis) you could rent where you wore little ski blade things and then used your feet as outriggers, and they stuck them on the chair so you could ride down. Spent like the whole afternoon on those things with 5-6 other people, it was fun.

It looks like it is braced through the brake mount. It might be a point of failure. I think a single post would be good. One big air shock. For big air.