Park City lift accessed backcountry

https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanches/26533

Vibes to family and friends of Stephen Jones. Sounds like he was an experienced skier... Just not sure why he'd head out the gates alone...a properly equipped partner may have been been the difference. This years' snowpack is no joke. Be safe out there!

Shale shot is most easily accessed from the top of Sun Peak chair. There is no backcountry gate. One skis to the end of the rope line, just past the Patrol shack and traverses into the woods. From there it takes some effort to skin, boot or sidestep maybe one hundred vertical feet to the top. Shale shot is short, steep, rocky and northwest facing. It can be a cookie jar of perfect snow. There have been many close calls here over the years.
    Vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanches/26533

Vibes to family and friends of Stephen Jones. Sounds like he was an experienced skier... Just not sure why he'd head out the gates alone...a properly equipped partner may have been been the difference. This years' snowpack is no joke. Be safe out there!
    There are a few up here that spend most their time alone, Skiing their preferred terrain. Most are old timers keeping to mellow terrain, I call them "phantom skiers" because you never see them around, just their tracks. I had only seen Stephen in passing a couple times. a few years ago I noticed someone was spending a lot of time touring on the Ridge behind sun peak. Wonder if it was primarily him going out Sunpeak and sticking to shale shot area. Always a Sketchy spot, Expecially alone. Vibes to his friends and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid