Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The longest you'll go without seeing a gas station is about 200 kilometres. My tips for staying awake — good tunes and caffeine. If you're feeling sleepy, pull over and have a nap.

I've done the drive a few times, but never in winter. My personal best was 3.5 days from Montreal to Revelstoke, stopping somewhere in Northern Ontario, Winnipeg and Calgary along the way. Through Ontario, take Highway 17 if you want the scenic views of Lake Superior. Take Highway 11 if you just want to drive fast — it's a much less windy route with fewer hills, so it's easier to pass trucks when you come across them.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah so its my new thing fuck with the cold air vents, cuz its hard to fall asleep when you are cold
    before anything get CAA Plus..totally worth it

I've done this drive daytime mostly and Gas stations where not a problem...I still stocked some extra going from TO to Calgary but not on the way back.

what XXX-er said is good advice and works but now I use heated seats on low with no engine heat. good winter boots, gloves and a trapper hat...you'll stay wide awake
    no heated seats you can get a plugin seat cover at Canadian Trash

if the windows fog up open the window just bit or defrost a bit

that stretch from Winterpeg to Calgary is boring as fuck (unless it near harvest time)...good luck

One of the rare times I miss smoking cigarettes are those long marathon drives. Nothing legal helps with the nod better than a pack cancer sticks. Coincidently, after a 20hr+ straight drive from Smithers to Nelson with a pack and a half was the last time I considered myself a smoker; quit cold turkey and drove my lady at the time (who was ever trying to quit) absolutely nuts.

Talk about marathon, I just got to Marathon, ON. This province does not end. 17 is actually really nice. Great twisty roads with hills. The road kept me awake, not boring at all. I just take caffeine pills these days instead of coffee or energy drinks. My big issue on long drives is sleeping. I am mentally tired but I find it hard to actually pass out.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Talk about marathon, I just got to Marathon, ON. This province does not end. 17 is actually really nice. Great twisty roads with hills. The road kept me awake, not boring at all. I just take caffeine pills these days instead of coffee or energy drinks. My big issue on long drives is sleeping. I am mentally tired but I find it hard to actually pass out.
    so true about the vistas and passing the french River is something else. Wawa is another area of beauty.
    Rather than caffeine pills might i suggest this
    Last edited by Kenny Satch; 02-09-2016 at 06:37 AM.