Reverb stealth length too long

So I got anxious on our local bike classifieds and found a good deal on a new in box reverb stealth 420mm post. Now that I look closer it seems my bike should have the 380mm. '14 size medium Troy the seat tube curves down to the bb and may prevent the post from sitting at the proper height.

Anything I can do to remedy this or do I need to try to sell this one and find the 380? Thanks

Trade it with someone? Bit of a pain but I'm sure there is someone who needs the longer one...

Have you actually stuck it in the frame to find out?

if its only a few mm off, you might be able to find a thinner saddle (bum to rail distance can vary a lot saddle to saddle)

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Have you actually stuck it in the frame to find out?
    Crazy talk.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

So reading that it is a 420mm shaft, I assume it's a 125mm rise, not a 150mm rise (or else it would be a 430mm shaft).
    You can buy a 380 cylinder and swap out the internals. Pretty easy to do. Sram Part number for 30.9 is 11.6815.009.010, or for 31.6 is 11.6815.009.020. Part should be $28.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    So reading that it is a 420mm shaft, I assume it's a 125mm rise, not a 150mm rise (or else it would be a 430mm shaft).
    You can buy a 380 cylinder and swap out the internals. Pretty easy to do. Sram Part number for 30.9 is 11.6815.009.010, or for 31.6 is 11.6815.009.020. Part should be $28.
    Thanks man, As installed, it's slammed to the total depth where the shaft meets the bend in the seat tube, and is still a hair tall. As is, I suppose I could ride it a little tall and figure out the part swap later.

Thanks again.

Is it the seat tube curve or the top of the seat tube preventing it from going down? If it's the top of the seat tube, you can cut it down a hair.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Is it the seat tube curve or the top of the seat tube preventing it from going down? If it's the top of the seat tube, you can cut it down a hair.
    If it is the bend in the seat tube, you can take it to a machine shop and have a few mm (or fractions of an inch if you use that stupid system) taken off. I had a SRAM tech do this for my girlfriends bike, I think they are able to take off 9.5 mm (3/8 inch).

(For her bike had a 420, and wrong diameter, and swapped out to a 380, and it still hit the bend, so the they shaved it).

Wait, wait. It rides "a little" high? Aren't these things adjustable? Just don't raise it all the way up!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Wait, wait. It rides "a little" high? Aren't these things adjustable? Just don't raise it all the way up!
    Fo cereal?

I'm super cereal, guys. GWOOOOOOAN.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.