Rivet Tool for Boot Mod / Repair

I've got a pair of Vulcans I bought used, and have been replacing some of the worn out bits (put on the new style power strap, now need to replace the upper buckles). I got a pair of replacement upper buckles through a local shop. At first I thought I could just screw them in since they've got a hex head, but closer inspection reveals they're actually rivets. I'm assuming I need to grind off the old rivet head with a Dremel, then push the new one in. Any recommendations on a cheap ($20ish) tool that I can get at Home Depot, Ace, or Harbor Freight? I don't have actual dimensions, but I think they've got a 3mm hex head on one side, probably 4mm dia., and maybe 10mm long. Rivet spots are I think about 1"-1.5" from the cuff.

If you're already replacing, why not just use t-nuts?

grind off rivets, replace with T nuts

See, now, that would be logical, and that's exactly why I didn't think of it.

Re-riveting top buckles on a Vulcan I would look at stainless steel pop rivets
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ehh, I'd rather do stainless steel T nuts now that I've thought about it, since I can get a few extra, throw them in my pack as spares, and be able to install them with my binding buddy. Not going to carry around a rivet tool.