Snowboarding is awesome. Broken femur not so much.

'Twas as awesome day shedding pow on the dark side at moonlight basin. The MLK gapers has big sky locked down, and some minor mechanical issues on Loan Tree kept it all but untracked until almost noon. Our crew kept getting bigger and we were ticking off runs when we decided to have one final go at the newly spacious trees of single-Jack. We regrouped at the top took some pictures and then dove right in to the goods. Unfortunately for me, that only lasted about 1.5 turns. I gut bucked off my toe edge and caught a solid 14 inches of tree straight to the thigh. Ouch. Moonlight patrol is the shit and had me stabilized and moving downhill in no time, next time just maybe ask them to groom lookout ridge first. Bumpy ride. Anyways, drugs and a few x-Rays at the swanky new facility in big sky and we headed down to Bozeman for surgery. One 18" titanium rod and a few pins and they sent me it the door the next day on crutches, saying I shouldn't be on them for to much more than a month.

Guess I'd just like to hear from anyone who's had similar surgery and what you're recovery was like. The first few days have been rough trying to dial in meds, the Oxis they had me on firs had me in full on zombie mode. Now I'm on half a hydro ever 3-4 hours and a valum for night time. And plenty of vitamin G. Love to hear from y'all. Ski and ride out there and pray for snow!

Attachment 175475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453626796.794142.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	296.0 KB 
ID:	175476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1453626808.718751.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	175477

Pretty sure I'm all but pointing at the tree that took me out in the second picture. Gunna have to come back and build something outa that sumbitch