Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    I don't see what the judges saw in Pehota's run over some of the other top finishers, but that's just me.

it would be really interesting to have access to the scorecards and breakdowns for those events. always incredibly revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Tabke being overhyped in this place is totally understandable. He's the only US guy on the FWT at present after Rodney knocked himself out. Tons of Praxis fanboys here as well. But c'mmon, he's in the 12. place overall now. That's far away from skiing in his own legue and BS like this.
    However, it has to be pointed out that all competitors at FWT are exceptionally good skiers and deserve full respect for what they do.
    They all deserve a ton of respect for their skiing. And they have it as far as I can tell.

I've watched pretty much all the runs for the past few years. It seems clear to me that there is a style that the judges have been rewarding more and more in terms of rocking the fall line out of the gate. Tabke seems to play with the mountain more. I like it. I don't think that's overhyping anything. It does not mean discounting anyone else.

Like I said, I've often wondered if my opinion of some of his runs has been biased in a "fanboy" sort of way. But I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I just like his style and how he makes some crazy stuff look easy/simple/playful. And how he often does not follow the pack. I know any number of other people who are of the view that he may in fact be sort of penalized for that.

Regardless of scoring, he often delivers the runs I enjoy watching the most. Definite smile generator.
    Last edited by spindrift; 03-24-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    They all deserve a ton of respect for their skiing. And they have it as far as I can tell.

I've watched pretty much all the runs for the past few years. It seems clear to me that there is a style the the judges have been rewarding more and more in terms of rocking the fall line out of the gate. Tabke seems to play with the mountain more. I like it. I don't think that's overhyping anything. It does not mean discounting anyone else.

Like I said, I've often wondered if my opinion of some of his runs has been biased in a "fancy" sort of way. But I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I just like his style and how he makes some crazy stuff look easy/simple/playful. And how he often does not follow the pack. I know any number of other people who are of the view that he may in fact be sort of penalized for that.

Regardless of scoring, he often delivers the runs I enjoy watching the most. Definite smile generator.
    Yes. Exactly. There is a flow and a crushing it about that skiing. I like it. And I wish him well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I don't see what the judges saw in Pehota's run over some of the other top finishers, but that's just me.
    Maybe some Whistler bias from me - but at a guess, I would say the judges really liked his last section. And the way that it differed with his top section. Showing the full skill set. I think people are overlooking how technical that last bit was.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I would say the judges really liked his last section. And the way that it differed with his top section. Showing the full skill set. I think people are overlooking how technical that last bit was.
    I think that's it - the bottom section made the difference. The camera work is weird on that section, so I think it obscures how solid that bottom portion was. That bottom section was ridiculously smooth.

Of course, I think it goes without saying, but each of these riders are insanely good, a true inspiration and very humbling to watch. These guys ski in real life how I do in my dreams.

It's currently on like donkey kong in Verbier: http://freerideworldtour.com/metavideo/134

Ladies are skiing now, female knuckledraggers already done.

dang i just turned it on and they're on hold until at least 6:15am? my time?

men ski go tomorrow morning because of flat light and wind, all others finished by now. AF Marxer (womens SB) went for a spin, nice to see.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Oh the suspense. Who is going to take it? Who do you guys want to take it? Despite my previous declaration of appreciation for Tabke, I gotta be pullin' my countryman Pehota. Hope he brings bring the title back to Canuckistan. Who you guys rootin' for?

I'd love to see Heitz finally take one:
    http://freerideworldtour.com/riders/jeremie-heitz
    It'd mean a a sick run as he is such a fall line skier.

I'd love to see Pahota near the top step too. Kid is smooth and skilled.

As far as Tabke, I like his style of skiing, but agree with the judges as far as scoring....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Supporting Pehota. I like his style, powerful like a racer but still with a freestyle touch.

I'm pulling for Heitz. His style fits this venue well and I bet he is hungry with all his near wins of his career combined with his fall at the last event. But... Aurelien is present so everyone has got their work cut out for them.

Now... back to the waiting game. Come on, sun!

LOL mens ski comp cancelled. "It is unbelievable that we can't get a sunny day in april"

OMG OMG here is exclusive POV footage of when Loic learns he is World Champ at the top of the Bec OMG how EXCITING

OMG here is Loic now in the finish zone, OMG Loic you must be so excited OMG

Loic: blergh.

That's really sad. Would be interesting so see how the athletes deal with Bec in flat light. Now this would be truly "xtream". On the other hand, some of the young guns would go for it anyway so it has been a wise decision to cancel the comp altogether.

Cancelled ...as in in that's it, season over. No rescheduling? Very anti-climactic.

here's a line from a 3* qualifier event in Austria as an example of the brains/balls/risk/reward issue. the message to his fans was "First i had the perfect Drop, fast strong! Finished up with a big crash, but happy that i feel good! My season is over, but i come back stronger next season. A big thanx for supporting to all of my sponsers!!!!"

facebook video wont embed.
    https://www.facebook.com/Stefan-J%C3...message_bubble

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    here's a line from a 3* qualifier event in Austria as an example of the brains/balls/risk/reward issue. the message to his fans was "First i had the perfect Drop, fast strong! Finished up with a big crash, but happy that i feel good! My season is over, but i come back stronger next season. A big thanx for supporting to all of my sponsers!!!!"

facebook video wont embed.
    https://www.facebook.com/Stefan-J%C3...message_bubble
    Going for it!

The upper part was actually pretty cool. The lower part - stupidity, means misjudgment of elementary ballistic rules?

18 y/o died a couple of days ago from injuries sustained in a crash at a 2* qualifier at La Hoya, Argentina. Sounds like he jumped a cliff, just avoided rocks in the landing (?), crashed and was knocked out during the crash. Died later in the hospital.

http://freerideworldqualifier.com/ne...dent-argentina

Apparently this was the face

18 y/o died a couple of days ago from injuries sustained in a crash at a 2* qualifier at La Hoya, Argentina. Sounds like he jumped a cliff, just avoided rocks in the landing (?), crashed and was knocked out during the crash. Died later in the hospital.

http://freerideworldqualifier.com/ne...dent-argentina
    Horrible news. So young. RIP.

It's been an awful six months for the FWT.