A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

Blanket Glacier Chalet 2/18 vaca TR

This is a TR from our winter vacation. Sorry it's untimely.
    We flew into Spokane and drove into Canada. A quick stop in Nelson for safety supplies. 5 or 6 hours and a ferry ride later we arrived in Revelstoke BC. Not a lot of snow there. A pic from LZ

There were 18 people on the trip so after 5 or so chopper shuttles, aprox 15 min., we were all at the chalet.

It was snowing that day and had snowed several times the week before. The previous group was on a guided trip so there were uptracks but most of the turns were tight to the guides tracks. We skinned up Caribou Ridge, aprox 12k vert, for a few laps before dinner. All meals except lunches were included and prepared by an awsome Can. chef Andy.
    The next day Bluebird skies and 6" of fresh pow greeted us. We decide to take down the Southfacing Big Apple. The Sharp point in this pic.

This involved skinning up almost 2k and a ski down the backside.

Another Big Apple shot. One of team renagade in photo.

The ski down was awsome The second group arrived as we descended and we ate lunch and watched them git sum.

And an obligotory pic of trip leader Jerry. These guys have been doing this trip for a few years and have it down.

On the trip out I skinned up a slightly windloaded ridge,with no one below, to check stability and snap this pic of Blanket peak and glacier.

For this and skiing the Apple in 7 turns with air off a rock. I recieved a safety spanking and was told to take it down a nock. "Unguided eh" was to become a standard reply.They questioned the gotama's as good touring skis. Damn good for haulin ass and huckin IMO. A rain in Jan had left a nasty layer in the aprox 9' snow pack so there was a snow stability concern.

The next day we headed out to slay the Monster.KFA 18k of perfectly spaced sheltered trees down to Greenbush lake.

We did 4 or 5 laps and probably racked the most vert this day.Wife was totally worked after this and I even let her go light w/ just a shovel & probe on the last few yo-yo's. Snapped this pic on the way back that evening

The third day we farmed up the trees visible in this pic. Million dollar and High roller

Part of the reason for posting this TR is Jerry is only recieved down payments for next years trip from 10 so it looks like there will be some open spots. Next years trip is Feb 25- Mar 4. The cost will be around $900 which includes chopper in & out and all meals w/ apps except lunch. Last years cusine was outstanding and am pretty sure same chef is returning. Deposit will be $250. I am hoping the summit is around this time and we can catch a day @ WB on the way in or out.
    A few more details There is a wood fired suana and shower. Dual outhouses and the chalet has solar powered batteries. So we jammed tunes at night and had lights. 18 people in group last year there was quite a nice diversity of abilities and even a BC virgin. The yurt keepers were super cool and would tour short w/ anyone who didn't feel like going big.
    we did multiple victem beacon drills every morning and although unguided we discussed BC saftey often. PM me if interested. I just picked up a guide trip for the weekend so am packing and hitting the road so will try and add a few pics or respond early next week.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

AWESOME!
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Stunning pics and terrain. Looks friggin killer.

To me this photo says "Why I ski BC"

a TR like that is never untimely!

nice stoke!
    Last edited by tibaher; 05-14-2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: adjectives

thanks man!

The sunburst picture is absolutely incredibe. Keep this stuff coming

Here is the rest of the TR.
    4th day we set our sights on the chalet's namesake Blanket Peak

Frontside of Peak slope in forground is called Stevie Wonder.

Skin track going up

Backside upon arrival we determined that hiking peak w/out crampons and ropes wasn't a good idea.

A shot of next drainage from the notch

Johnny Wasatch getin his

Gotamas letting the pow fly

We skinned back up for another shot at Mr. Wonder. This was my fav day everyone in group made it up for at least one run. One more nice scenic pic

Got to get the honey do construction project moving will post last installment later.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Damn nice skifish! Would you mind posting a full res shot of this pic? I'd love it for my background!

^^^ In users galleries I assume or pm me your e-mail I have a few simiar pics

Last instalment of a belated TR
    Another shot from BGP Area The Vortex

The backyard

View of Chalet from cliffs above

The last day we stayed close and did laps on Carribou Ridge

We find the culprits that have been postholeing the skintracks and I was led to belive there was a rouge group of splitless boarders who had a hydro farm in the BC BC.

Obligtory group shot

Choppering out.

last 2

My man John

Alpenglow view of Blanket Glacier Peak

In an epic seson from late Oct To late May and probably over 800" of, The Greatest Snow on Earth, This by far was the highlight of my winter. The ups were so spectacular it was pretty easy vert. Cool pepes, Cool Place, Cool trip.
    Spots for next season still open.