Kingpin mounting position on track

Anyone that's mounted a pair of 2016 Kingpins, where does the heel piece end up on the track after a standard mount? I tend to straddle the line between boot shell sizes. Consequently, my bsl can vary quite a bit depending on the brand, especially with AT boots (so far anywhere from 297 to 307 mm.) I'm having a new setup mounted this weekend, and I want to make sure there's room for adjustment should I get a new pair of boots in the next couple of years.

I've dealt with this before on alpine bindings, and it was a hassle. A few years ago I had a helluva time convincing a tech to mount a pair of Look PXs, which default to being really far forward on their track, for a shorter bsl and then slide the heel back. Just want to know if I even need to bother bringing it up with the Kingpins. Thanks.

The Kingpins are way more adjustable than the Look/Rossi turntables.
    But then again, EVERYTHING is.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Kingpins have 20 - 25 mm of adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Kingpins have 20 - 25 mm of adjustment.
    25.5mm total adjustment range. The paper templates I used put my boot midsole at +9mm and the heel could adjust 6.5mm smaller and 19mm bigger.

Do a test mount first. If a shop is doing them for you then ask them to do a test mount first. Hopefully I can borrow a jig to mount a friend's next week and can comment, but don't assume that the jig puts the heel in the middle of the track for a given sole length.