Page 31 of 199 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks.

beware… website is kind of annoying:

http://www.nvcargox.com/#welcome

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

beware… website is kind of annoying:

http://www.nvcargox.com/#welcome
    Posted this in the who's sleeping in rv's too. Saw yesterday. Too bad it's not stock like a raptor. Still cool as hell to see what they did and how capable that ugly fucking box of a van that is.

Stumbled across this today. Marty mcfly was in the neighborhood i guess.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    McFly had the next generation, and it was black and beautiful. Now leave your 80's trivia to the grownups. Millennials.....

He's probably in hiding now and on multiple watch lists. Fucking almanac.

Haha, I got called a millennial.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post

Close...

Alternative facts

The red truck is a cult classic in the RC world.

My '81

^^^Fuck yeah!!!
    sigless.

'80 with a fresh flat deck. 'Cept I broke it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-09-17 16.11.30.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	960.8 KB 
ID:	199601
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

on the subject of breathers and snorkels from a few pages back, the below vid is fairly specific to the Oz TLC 79-series, but they get specific on how apparently crappy the stock "snorkels" are for use in water crossings, and they specifically discuss breathers (near the end ~minute 18).

Last edited by Toadman; 03-31-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post

That's just nasty.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Looks like something out of Halo, but fuck, this things is pretty cool

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...mage=BBzfnXG|1

"A 177hp, 236–lb-ft motor converts electricity to movement and funnels it through a two-speed transfer case to the front and rear axles, which are equipped with ZR2-fare electronic-locking differentials. This setup is good for a top speed just over 60 mph with a range of about 140 miles "

No HP. No torque. No top end. No range. And nowhere to get it filled up. (which is surmountable but still).

US Government: "We'll take 10,000 of them!"

That is one ugly fucking vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any gayer than an Avalanche, Chevy toooootally crushes it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post

This thing is really cool. But the arches on those springs also look like they'd rattle your fillings out.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    "A 177hp, 236–lb-ft motor converts electricity to movement and funnels it through a two-speed transfer case to the front and rear axles, which are equipped with ZR2-fare electronic-locking differentials. This setup is good for a top speed just over 60 mph with a range of about 140 miles "

No HP. No torque. No top end. No range. And nowhere to get it filled up. (which is surmountable but still).

US Government: "We'll take 10,000 of them!"
    "Need hydrogen in the field? The Army already has machines that can strip the hydrogen from nearly any hydrocarbon source. Gasoline, JP8, diesel, and natural gas can all be used to generate hydrogen. "

Da fuq? Why don't you just use those things to power the truck? Strip Hydrogen from water in the field and maybe you got something.

Concept vehicles are usually fugly, so no surprise there.

I still think the hydrogen engine is cool. Seems like they might be able to take some notes from Toyota on the efficiency though..

Trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    "Need hydrogen in the field? The Army already has machines that can strip the hydrogen from nearly any hydrocarbon source. Gasoline, JP8, diesel, and natural gas can all be used to generate hydrogen. "

Da fuq? Why don't you just use those things to power the truck? Strip Hydrogen from water in the field and maybe you got something.

Right?? Break down this stupid gasoline into a less stable fuel source at massive cost and inconvenience, sweeeeeeet!!!

Hydrogen is a cool sounding but completely lost cause like turbine powered cars. Can immense amounts of cash make it work? Sure. Will it ever be a truly viable option? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. It's just another combustion engine anyways so why even bother??
    Last edited by DoWork; 04-04-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

The last of these is perhaps the most technically challenging, but also the most attractive technology in terms of its ability to dramatically decrease oil consumption, CO2 greenhouse gas emissions, and tail pipe pollution. However, hydrogen is not an energy source – it is an energy carrier. And to fully realise its benefits, we must produce it not from fossil sources, but from renewable energy.

The world produces huge quantities of hydrogen today for industrial and commercial purposes, probably in excess of 50 million tonnes/year. But most of that production is fossil-energy based, either from reforming natural gas, or electrolysis using electricity produced from coal, natural gas, petroleum, or nuclear.

Renewables on the other hand are a desired energy source for hydrogen production due to their diversity, regionality, abundance, and potential for sustainability. That being asserted, there are many challenges to producing Hydrogen from renewables – and perhaps the major one is reducing the cost to be competitive with gasoline and diesel.

Renewable hydrogen can be produced in several ways:

Electrolysis – splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen using electricity from one of the many renewable sources;
    Biomass conversion – via either thermochemical or biochemical conversion to intermediate products that can then be separated or reformed to hydrogen; or fermentation techniques that produce hydrogen directly;
    Solar conversion – by either thermolysis, using solar-generated heat for high temperature chemical cycle hydrogen production or photolysis, in which solar photons are used in biological or electrochemical systems to produce hydrogen directly.
    So a few windmills near the battlefield and we're good to go.

So, I purchased a 2013 F250 4dr. long bed 6.2 gasser with $18K. It's a commercial vehicle - vinyl seats, manual windows, backup alarm but AC and cruise. I've put about 4K on it and am getting 14mpg including 4wd, towing, hauling and all other contractor related mountain bullshit.

So far so good. It drives very nicely. Question, it still has a couple of months of factory warranty left. What's the best tactic to have a dealer (I presume) give it the once over and handle anything warranty problems? I was thinking of scheduling an oil change at the dealer and going from there. I've never have a vehicle with a warranty.