Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Revenant

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    hate to be 'that guy', but the book was way fucking better
    i mean shit, he didn't even have a son in the book
    movie was weak
    Don't lie, you looove being "that guy" ;-)

Ya, his son was fabricated, which is too bad because that was the most poignant part of the film. Honestly much of the film is factually inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Sorry, but no way he would have survived, with the loss of blood, and cold. Cmon.

It's a movie, bunny. The real Glass was mauled by a bear, left for dead, and attacked by Indians on his 200 mile journey home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sorry, but no way he would have survived, with the loss of blood.
    it wasn't that bad.. only a fucking bear and a bit of cold.

It's not like he fell off a chair lift or something really serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I watched it late during a long a flight and didnt really pay attention, but did they jump from a coastal forest environment to a much drier interior setting, from one scene to the next? After following a river presumably toward the coast?

Early scenes also seemed to be in spring melt, when later scenes were in winter, and a year had not passed. I may be wrong, and doubt 99.99999999% of viewers give a fuck anyway. But if a major theme of the movie was the intensity of nature, then Hollywood could have made a little more effort at providing natural consistency.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    I watched it late during a long a flight and didnt really pay attention, but did they jump from a coastal forest environment to a much drier interior setting, from one scene to the next? After following a river presumably toward the coast?

Early scenes also seemed to be in spring melt, when later scenes were in winter, and a year had not passed. I may be wrong, and doubt 99.99999999% of viewers give a fuck anyway. But if a major theme of the movie was the intensity of nature, then Hollywood could have made a little more effort at providing natural consistency.
    I pay way too much attention to the scenery in movies. The worst are the ones set in Colorado or Montana and filmed in Vancouver. The forests are so different

lay off that dank dank my dude

My beef was his journey seemed to go from forested foothills to rolling plains back into high mountain valleys back to low foothills then final shots in mountains ( on location of old ski hill that I skied for 4 years). Weather not an issue as Alberta weather is that variable. No Leo its not global warming its just a chinook you dumb MF.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

There were a few scenes where he literally went from fresh two to three feet of snow to old snow and then back.

If you want to see a western, check out Hateful Eight. How Tarantino can keep making real masterpieces for zero credit, I don't understand. This movie has everything Revenant fails at. Real character development, a fucking plot, clever dialogue, and it's really well shot to boot. The performances he gets out of Kirk Russell and Jennifer Leigh are incredible. He also seems to capture the spirit of the times in a weird post war way better than Leo's period schlock. But Quentin is too outsider for a nice review? Violent? It isn't his turn? What gives?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

hateful either and the revenant were both solid. I hadn't thought about it, but I think I agree with your comparison.

I saw Hateful 8 on the same flight as Revenant. It was better. The chick was funny. Plenty of it was amusing actually ("sneaky sack shooter".) But it was too violent. Setting out the rope line to the outhouse was a surprising bit of pragmatic drudgery. Were we supposed to feel suspense? Or was that the point, as a lead up to the violence? At least it paid respect to the nature of the environment, unlike Revenant.

While I am getting off topic: I fucking hate Game of Thrones snow, It looks completely wrong. And if it so damned cold and wet, why doesn't anyone ever wear a hat? So much effort goes into their realistic sets and costumes, yet that get these basics so wrong.
    Life is not lift served.