Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Training for Chair2

A nice young lady ski instructor has offered to help me get the skills so I can shred the pow on 40 deg treed slopes off of Chair 2. What part of my technique should I tell her I need to work on first? I need to get real good by Feb 5. I ski K2 Pon2oons if that makes a difference.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    A nice young lady ski instructor has offered to help me get the skills so I can shred the pow on 40 deg treed slopes off of Chair 2. What part of my technique should I tell her I need to work on first? I need to get real good by Feb 5. I ski K2 Pon2oons if that makes a difference.

I think you're fucked. You can help me man the grill for Bobby.

You don't have a chance unless you transition to a brand new set of kastle ski's and a New asteryx jacket. In all seriousness, it's the equipement!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Good to have a plan B. I'm very experienced in grilling Italian sausage at 4th of July parades. Or I could man a day care gig and still be on the snow.

But where do you think I'm weakest? Hip rotation? Angulation? Pole plant?

I'm heading up to the bottom in an hour for on snow conditioning. I need some tips. Squish a bug with my big toe?

Keep your hands in front, don't lean back and get some traditional type fat skis. You shouldn't be lifting the inside ski in that type of snow, especially on those skis. Re watched the first vid, you looked better in that one. Go ski have fun.

I think Wooley is playing us.

Probably, he did post those videos before and was seeking feedback then.

Oh, okay, maybe it is a sincere post, a TGR rarity.

Whomever is in those vids manifests bad habits similar to (and a bit worse than) my wife's bad habits of dropping the hand, skiing "from the chair" and lifting the inner ski. She's working hard and those bad habits are starting to go away, which is fun to watch. She skis best when she thinks about skiing tall, keeping her hips forward and skiing with the balls of her feet.

Needs more "Vaction".
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What I see:

Your boots are probably too big. Your foot probably moves around a lot inside your boot.

Have to lift your inside ski because the tails hang up due to a lack of front of cuff pressure/back seat skiing. Probably exasperated by too big of boots that don't allow you to use small movements in the feet and ankles to adjust fore/aft balance.

The pintail on the pontoons is not doing you any favors.

Your choice of boots (raichle or fulltilts, right?) is also not doing any favors.

Buy an all-mountain or groomer biased ski and learn how to drive the tips on those fuckers. Learn how to ski in crud/pow/bumps on those skis. Look at modern overlap boots as the stance is much more favorable.

The pontoons are not a good ski to learn how to ski better on and are doing you zero favors.

...and that's just to start. There are many other big issues but aren't worth bothering with until you get your fore/aft balance issues sorted out. You ski using the back of your boots.

A nice young lady ski instructor has offered to help me get the skills. What part of my technique should I tell her I need to work on first?
    der poopenhousen?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    I think Wooley is playing us.
    That's how I roll. But with truth at the core. A lot of good info I'm hearing and understanding, kind of. I'm out the door now with Amp Rictor 90's that I made Martin pick out and sell to me. Psychologically worth 5 years of lessons don't you think? Heading up. Silver helmet, black pants, orange Marmott Precip and in the back seat. Give a wave.

aaaand we are all suddenly a bunch of PSIA mouth breathers.
    Last edited by XavierD; 01-08-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Give a wave.
    We're heading up with the camper to ski this evening and will look for ya. Touring tomorrow.

I see the problem here, you're not snowboarding.

Half the planks, half the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    aaaand we are all suddenly a bunch of PSIA mouth breathers.
    Have I ever claimed to be anything else?

Amp Rictor 90
    Good choice. Hopefully you didn't go too long.

Wooley, practice lifting your toes inside your boots to maintain front cuff pressure. Try it on the chairlift first and then on snow. Practice going from neutral to forward, using just your toes and ankles.

Lift toes. Check. Skis are 17something. Lower is skiing good. Lift line isn't a line. 4 runs. No falls. Felt 3 good turns. I hear it's sunny on the top. Steve. Red Wrangler. Toss a snowball if you see it. If it's not me, you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Lulz...
    Ah, there's always hope.

1st, Dump the Poons...
    I know why you have them and where they came from however they are a lot of ski to manage (even in a 178cm) with that huge floppy shovel if conditions aren't soft. As suggested there are a lot of other more traditional skis that will manage pow and Alpy slack country.
    Praxis RX is a fine example, there are countless others.

2nd, weight distribution...
    Keep your weight balanced, or a little forward depending on what type of ski you end up on.
    Some skis like a more balanced approach, something with rocker under foot, skis with camber like to be driven and require more pressure on the tongue of the boot.

3rd, hand position, keep your hands up and in front, that will keep you from being tossed around like a rodeo clown.
    If you find yourself on your tails it's likely because you "gated" or dropped your hand, which lead to your shoulder rotating back, putting your weight on your heel.

The rest will come.

Or shit, what the hell, man the grill and the tap if there is one.

Jesus I got to try and rally

Training for Chair2

Never mind

\ Felt 3 good turns.
    Tomorrow Four good turns. Pretty soon some folks are buying you drinks, and wish to have intercourse. Life is good.

Training for Chair2

Think about where your weight is at all times. If not pressuring you boot or feel to be on your heals. Stop. Regroup and focus on balance. You wouldn't play any sport flat footed or leaning backward
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    We're heading up with the camper to ski this evening and will look for ya. Touring tomorrow.
    Ski School starts plan accordingly
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Hey Woolley

ULLR requires that you post naked pics of the hottie ski instructor.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.