Shadow Cliffs Trout Fishing by Eastbayanglers good fish

Hi everyone, got out to the lake at 6:30 but they would not open till 7:00 am that was a bummer but i caught some fish please look at the video below it shows what i was using and where i was fishing had a blast! met some nice people and caught some nice fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qcfaSs0Pg

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    were you usin spam?
    cause your lame jong ass
    sure seems to have a tacklebox thats ovreflowing w/ that fuckin shit
    will someone please move this crap to the land of bullshit spam threads
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

no this is not spam i am offended by your comment

Hey Underoos, this guy part of your posse?

eastbaytroutkiller more like it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayanglers View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Nobody gives a shit about your shitty vlog. Least of all me, who may live the closest to Shadow Cliffs of anybody on this board.

Now give me my 39 seconds back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Hey Underoos, this guy part of your posse?

How'd you know? We get our stringers on pro deal. I'll hook you up.

Still waiting on a reply to the message I sent you last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Still waiting on a reply to the message I sent you last week...
    No I can't get you a bro deal on Tenkara reels.

That's probably the gayest shit I've ever seen.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Seems like Spam to me!

what the fuck did I just watch

Quote Originally Posted by jed peters View Post
    what the fuck did I just watch
    Some bait, a dude in the kitchen with some dead fish on a stringer and some dead fish in the sink. Oh, and a day use permit. I suppose the day use permit is the part where he shows us "where" he caught the fish. Right, the lake. Got it. It's Hemingway level stuff, you just don't get it man.

Spam? OR, so much stoke it cannot be contained in just one thread? One thread per trip to the same spot? How about one thread per fishing movement:

Shadow Cliffs paddling boat out to the honey hole. She's listing a bit but I think we'll make it.

Shadow Cliffs stringing up rig. I got there early which was a bummer, but I'll wait until the right time to cast.

Shadow Cliffs casting rig now. Nice zing, got it near the hole. Good action Snoopy!

Shadow Cliffs watching bobber. Looks like it may move at any minute. Some waves but I can still see bobber.

Shadow Cliffs watching bobber go under water.... and so on....

You guys just don't know fishing stoke.

Trolled by a spammer. good on me.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 03-28-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    That's probably the gayest shit I've ever seen.
    My thoughts exactly. NTTAWWT

My guess is Jong Lafitte fishes 10 days a year, mostly for bass. Has two spinning rods, one bait caster, a 5/6 weight fly pole (plastic reel seat), and maybe a surf/catfish rod.

Just guesses.

How'd I do?

My guess is Jong Lafitte fishes 10 days a year, mostly for bass. Has two spinning rods, one bait caster, a 5/6 weight fly pole (plastic reel seat), and maybe a surf/catfish rod.

Just guesses.

How'd I do?
    Not good. Way more than 10 days. Zebeco Strawberry Shortcake rod with a fly bubble, even with nymphs and streamers; mostly in the S. Platte Basin and nearby for trout. Garbage bags for waders used late fall to early spring. They fit nicely into some Crocs that I fitted with some golf spikes. No vest/lanyard/hip pack, I just attach all my shit to zingers that are clipped to my chest hair and nipples. Gets cold in the winter but such is life.

You'll fit in well here.

Well done jongster.
    Fishing related: fish planting schedule for California lakes:
    https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What are your thoughts on leader straighteners, Jong?

What are your thoughts on leader straighteners, Jong?
    Are you seriously asking this on the forums? Seems like you've been around long enough to know that the best leader straightener is the one that's right for you. Do not depend on advice from the boards or your friends. It might be well intentioned but it will rarely, if ever, lead (eh? eh? lead?) you to the right leader straightener. You should go see an expert leader straightener fitter, even if the closest one is like 1200 miles away. Demo a few. Maybe spend a year demo-ing before you decide. A leader straightener that seems to work in the parking lot of the shop will not work the same way on the water. Also, you may see some old schoolers (more like old FOOLers - heyo!) pulling their leader straight with their hands. Do not attempt this. Fingers have been lost, dude. Pro tip: if you are not burning the shit out of your thumb through the straightener, you're doing it wrong.

If you INSIST on getting this type of advice around here, maybe you should start a new thread. Be sure to include your height, weight, whether you prefer a right-handed or left-handed reel orientation and where you fish most. Keep in mind that many of my fishing buddies have several so that they can dial up the one that's right for the conditions that day. But again, my advice is to go see an expert.

Its pretty nice to drag a brand new leader thorough a straightener, though, something satisfying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Are you seriously asking this on the forums? Seems like you've been around long enough to know that the best leader straightener is the one that's right for you. Do not depend on advice from the boards or your friends. It might be well intentioned but it will rarely, if ever, lead (eh? eh? lead?) you to the right leader straightener. You should go see an expert leader straightener fitter, even if the closest one is like 1200 miles away. Demo a few. Maybe spend a year demo-ing before you decide. A leader straightener that seems to work in the parking lot of the shop will not work the same way on the water. Also, you may see some old schoolers (more like old FOOLers - heyo!) pulling their leader straight with their hands. Do not attempt this. Fingers have been lost, dude. Pro tip: if you are not burning the shit out of your thumb through the straightener, you're doing it wrong.

If you INSIST on getting this type of advice around here, maybe you should start a new thread. Be sure to include your height, weight, whether you prefer a right-handed or left-handed reel orientation and where you fish most. Keep in mind that many of my fishing buddies have several so that they can dial up the one that's right for the conditions that day. But again, my advice is to go see an expert.

Its pretty nice to drag a brand new leader thorough a straightener, though, something satisfying about it.
    QFT!!!!