• smmokan

5 20.00%
  • skialpy

7 28.00%
  • crashtestdummy

8 32.00%
  • adrenalated

1 4.00%

MPC #145 Voting: Black and white (Jan 3 - Jan 7)

There were a ton of awesome entries -- had a really hard time narrowing it down to the top 5. Honestly, there were at least 3 others that could have made it in. Anyway, here are the ones I chose at the end:

Phildo_Baggins:

smmokan:

skialpy:

crashtestdummy:

adrenalated:
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

I'm honored to even have been considered a finalist, and shocked I even got one vote! I liked that image because it captured really well the feeling of being there, but don't think it's a great photo. Here's a link to the contest thread for those that missed it, there's some really excellent images in there that didn't make the final 5 and totally deserve a look: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...WHITE-12-1-1-2

I'm a sucker for layered landscapes so I voted for smmokan.

Thanks man! I totally agree with you, lots of deserving pictures that weren't chosen. I think my chosen entry was probably the least favorite of the three shots I submitted, in fact.

Hopefully we'll re-kindle this contest and get this many entries going forward- I think it definitely helps to extend the timeframe out to a month each.

It appears the poll is closed and I seem to have won. I will get a new MPC up quickly. Great work this month, it was good to see a few more entries than usual.

Well deserved CTD!

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Well deserved CTD!
    Thanks Phil, although I must say there were lots of really good entries this month.

Congrats, CTD. As already mentioned by everyone, there were a lot of great entries. It was very hard to choose. In the end, I picked the ones that showed off the black and white style best, not necessarily technically the best ones.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

I would not have wanted to pick 5 outta that group (it's by far the worst thing about winning a MPC)...

Congrtas CTD
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Thanks BaNosser, there were indeed some very good entries this month. For me (2nd win) the hardest part, besides picking the final 5 is all the cut and pasting and other stuff to start off the next contest. I also won ( finished 2nd, 1 st place DQ'd) another B&W contest on Mu4/3. The contest there determines the winners by the number of Likes and Winners given, so once I set up the contest, I'm off the hook.