Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Embedding pictures

How does one embed full size photos directly from the computer, so that viewers don't have to click on them to view in full size? I understand how to do this with photos from a website, when the url ends in jpg or some such, but how do you do it with photos on my computer?

Thanks
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    How does one embed full size photos directly from the computer, so that viewers don't have to click on them to view in full size? I understand how to do this with photos from a website, when the url ends in jpg or some such, but how do you do it with photos on my computer?

Thanks
    hey shafty- click on the icon above to insert photo (2nd from the right) - then a new window will pop up- click the orange "UploadImages" box and a new window should pop up from your computer where you can navigate to your photos/images to upload.
    after you have chosen your image you'll have to jump thru a couple hoops from the Stash -Select sport etc - then click Publish and should load up.

also depending on which browser I'm using, sometimes I find it easier to upload the photo first- Then go back to the thread, do your post, then click on the icon above to insert photo- but this time click on the tab for "Browse Uploaded" instead and choose the photo you previously uploaded

I'll give that a try and report back, thanks
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Also if you hit "Add Existing" when you're in the photo uploader and are uploading from your desktop, you can just drop the URL in of a full-sized image from flickr, etc. and it should show up same size. If uploading from Tapatalk mobile app they get resized small and then you have to click to make them bigger.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    hey shafty- click on the icon above to insert photo (2nd from the right) - then a new window will pop up- click the orange "UploadImages" box and a new window should pop up from your computer where you can navigate to your photos/images to upload.
    after you have chosen your image you'll have to jump thru a couple hoops from the Stash -Select sport etc - then click Publish and should load up.

also depending on which browser I'm using, sometimes I find it easier to upload the photo first- Then go back to the thread, do your post, then click on the icon above to insert photo- but this time click on the tab for "Browse Uploaded" instead and choose the photo you previously uploaded
    i tried this, and when i hit the second icon, it says i need to sign in for the stash account. When i sign in I get a user error 500. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    i tried this, and when i hit the second icon, it says i need to sign in for the stash account. When i sign in I get a user error 500. Any ideas?
    Yes. TGR should get rid of the Stash.

now it's dumber, the stash thing doesn't even show up and it only posts the pics little with that stupid black bar on the bottom. at least the img tags work. host at imgur then img it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    now it's dumber, the stash thing doesn't even show up and it only posts the pics little with that stupid black bar on the bottom. at least the img tags work. host at imgur then img it.
    We changed the photo uploader back to the old simpler non-Stash uploader. Will see about having the pics post larger by default and without black bar.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

If you want to embed images from your phone the tapatalk app does a good job. The TGR app does the silly thumbnail thing.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    If you want to embed images from your phone the tapatalk app does a good job. The TGR app does the silly thumbnail thing.
    Thumbnail size increased to 600px.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    We changed the photo uploader back to the old simpler non-Stash uploader.
    Holy shit. THANK YOU.

Embedding pictures

We changed the photo uploader back to the old simpler non-Stash uploader. Will see about having the pics post larger by default and without black bar.
    Hot damn... about time! I can finally stop using tapatalk to do photos.

well that's cool!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

OMG. Thank you.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

So now, I can only upload one photo at a time from my computer?
    That's progress? Fuck, I'm done with this shit. You guys had a method to load up a bunch of photos at once, sort of painlessly and now that's gone. Ryan, seriously - your techie dudes have still not figured out a way for a guy to upload a bunch of photos from his computer into a TR with a couple of clicks. I don't want to get a flickr account or set up my own web page. I just want to post up some photos from trips I do and not take 2 fucking hours to do it. Is that really asking too much?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So now, I can only upload one photo at a time from my computer?
    That's progress? Fuck, I'm done with this shit. You guys had a method to load up a bunch of photos at once, sort of painlessly and now that's gone. Ryan, seriously - your techie dudes have still not figured out a way for a guy to upload a bunch of photos from his computer into a TR with a couple of clicks. I don't want to get a flickr account or set up my own web page. I just want to post up some photos from trips I do and not take 2 fucking hours to do it. Is that really asking too much?
    We received quite a bit of feedback to roll back to the old photo uploader, so we did.

Does it really take you 2 hours? It's a few clicks to insert a photo unless the pictures are buried several directories deep on your local machine.

While I get that some didn't like the uploader that allowed you to upload multiple photos (I was a detractor until I figured out how to do it), at least you had an option to upload multiple photos. So, if you had 30 photos to upload you could just batch upload them, walk away from the computer and then just label them all at once once they were loaded.

Will it take me 2 hours... OK, I'm whining a bit - probably not. But it will take me an hour at 30sec per upload, and then time to label photos and write some stupid shit about them. I guess my point was more about going backwards in tech - having a way to do a multiple photo upload (walking away from the computer while it does its thing) vs. having to do one photo at a time the "old" way. Call me a bitchy hater whiner douche. I'm OK with that
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

If the upload time is taking a while to process, are you uploading full resolution photos? Most people won't view a photo 1:1 on the internet, so you can size them down to about 1200px wide before uploading. That will make the upload process go much faster.

If you are processing your photos, most programs will have sizing options when exporting. If you are not processing your photos before upload, there are batch resizing tools that are quick and easy.

Trying to imbed picture in a post reply with quote. I go to advanced, add files, choose file, find the picture on my computer (jpeg, 73.6 KB), click on upload, nothing happens. Has always worked before.
    BTW is there any way to delete pictures I've previously uploaded?
    Last edited by old goat; 05-05-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Should see the "attach" tag after uploading the image. You are hitting "Insert Image", not add files, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duplicate.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	405.3 KB 
ID:	181982

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Trying to imbed picture in a post reply with quote. I go to advanced, add files, browse, find the picture on my computer (jpeg, 73.6 KB), click on upload, nothing happens. Has always worked before.
    ?
    Same thing here today. App and desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Should see the "attach" tag after uploading the image. You are hitting "Insert Image", not add files, right?
    The image is simply not uploading. After going through the "Add File" process it doesn't show up in the attachments available to insert.

edit: In the app, when I tap "upload as attachment" I get a "processing" message that thinks for awhile and then times out, rather than taking me back to the post with with image now attached. Nexus 5X running Android 6.0.1.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 05-05-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Android test upload

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Same thing here today. App and desktop.

The image is simply not uploading. After going through the "Add File" process it doesn't show up in the attachments available to insert.

edit: In the app, when I tap "upload as attachment" I get a "processing" message that thinks for awhile and then times out, rather than taking me back to the post with with image now attached. Nexus 5X running Android 6.0.1.
    Desktop version still not working for me.

I'm also not sure how to get full resolution displayed in the post. Seems to work if you have the images hosted somewhere else (see Flowing Alpy's posts, for example).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Likewise--you can't insert a file that won't upload. (And it's "choose file", not "browse"--I corrected that in my first post. ) To emphasize--this is something that I've done a dozen times or more without problems. It's not working today. Have you tried it? (browser is google on Windows 7).

Trying to upload pic here of me giving TGR techies the Bird. Damn, doesn't upload from my laptop. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.