Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sbrosos in Arroyo Seco is nice.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Strawjack,

It was a long time ago, probably 2007, or so. He was the first bootfitter as you came in the door, he had number 1 stall. I was told he had been there a long time. He was an older laid back guy, Tall, balding, that also played in a band. The name could be wrong. I was so impressed that I got my wife out of bed, because she had shin bang real bad, and got her fitted too. She still skis those boots.
    I saw Alain ski, but never skiied with him, but was told buy other he was the man.
    I did ski with another guy that had a reputation for bombing runs, and getting in trouble. He was as a good a skier as I have seen, but he was always flying. He had a nickname like crazy ??
    Rode the lift with him, and said I could ski with him, but 5 seconds later, he was gone..Wore ratty clothes, and was on the hill all day everyday.
    TahoeJ. Depends on where you stay, in Taos, or the Valley.
    If the Valley, all you have to do is ask, everybody knows the joints, and will gladly tell you. We spent a lot of time at Tims..
    Yeah, I go way back to early 90's, so I'm not too sure who that is. The retail manager is still there and I'm spacing his name. I was asked to work up there, but I declined to stay in the repair shop...that was the place to work for many reasons The repair shop manager is still there also, but that is transitioning over to Marty Lucero who is a real good guy.
    Speaking of Alain, he has to be pretty old by now. He had a daughter when I was there and was 'older' then us young punks who 'thought' we could ski.

Food
    Eske's brew pub...just because it's Eske's place - a long time patroller.

The new Mesa brewery is pretty cool. Live music

I like Doc Martins...now that I can afford the place. Definitely get the La Cumbre Elevated IPA...if you like IPA's.

Michaels for breakfast

Outback pizza

Thanks. I'll post up in the Taos thread before I come if any of you locals don't mind showing a maggot around the mountain a bit.

^you will dig that place. That hill rocks!

When speaking about TSV after moving from JH, I always called Taos a slalom ski hill, vs JH being a GS hill. It's a lot tighter than the tahoe hills. So with that said, many of the goods are hidden pretty damn well, so hopefully you can hook up with a local.

Yeah, it's a very tight place.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    When speaking about TSV after moving from JH, I always called Taos a slalom ski hill, vs JH being a GS hill. It's a lot tighter than the tahoe hills. So with that said, many of the goods are hidden pretty damn well, so hopefully you can hook up with a local.
    I've heard it compared quite a bit to Alpine Meadows - with lots of nooks and crannies with hidden stashes, especially if you're willing to hike and traverse to find them. Whatever the case, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Thanks for the review Benny.

Ski week has been on my mother's bucket list for years. Given she's pushing 65 I think its time to make it happen soon. I assume lessons are pretty dialed for all levels -- she can get some blue groomer tips while someone shows me how not to kill myself in the West Basin?
    Oh, yeah, there's a lot of old people there. Like me. It's an old school place. She'll find a great group.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yeah, I go way back to early 90's, so I'm not too sure who that is. The retail manager is still there and I'm spacing his name. I was asked to work up there, but I declined to stay in the repair shop...that was the place to work for many reasons The repair shop manager is still there also, but that is transitioning over to Marty Lucero who is a real good guy.
    Speaking of Alain, he has to be pretty old by now. He had a daughter when I was there and was 'older' then us young punks who 'thought' we could ski.

Food
    Eske's brew pub...just because it's Eske's place - a long time patroller.

The new Mesa brewery is pretty cool. Live music

I like Doc Martins...now that I can afford the place. Definitely get the La Cumbre Elevated IPA...if you like IPA's.

Michaels for breakfast

Outback pizza
    Seconded on Michael's...it's basically the best breakfast place anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
    Seconded on Michael's...it's basically the best breakfast place anywhere.
    Just expect to wait for a table.

This makes me very happy to hear Michael's is still going. Stuffed myself full of their amazing empanadas and whatnot back in the early 90s on days off from Philmont.