Medial Meniscus troubles

Just yesterday I had pain in my knee, couldn't barely walk. Got home, took a bath and then iced it. Feels better today and I went to the PT first thing this morning.

She says it's an issue with the medial meniscus. Likely due to too much activity over last weekend(did a high intensity 7 hr tour over the weekend off the couch) and that hopefully I can be back to mild skiing next week and planning on a month of PT, two times a week.

Anybody else have a case like this, no surgery, just PT. How was the outcome?

That doesn't sound like a diagnosis a PT or anyone else could make based on what you are describing and the information available. If the problem persists see an ortho or sports med doc and get a real diagnosis. FWIW I had a medial meniscus tear about 35 years ago-diagnosed by an orthopedist based on examination--MRI's didn't exist. My knee swelled immediately, couldn't straighten it for weeks, after about 3 months I could tour--as long as I sidehilled with the bad knee down. I occasionally get a little soreness in the knee. A wild guess is that you have inflammed ligaments or tendons from overuse and wil get better with rest, a lot sooner than I did.

PT is the answer!

PT is the way to go for many many orthopedic injuries. You gotta be sure to get a proper diagnosis from a ortho/sports med/physiatrist. The good news is you can get much better! The trouble is, you have to actually do something every day in order to get better! . no magic bullet . . .

I've been documenting some amazing recovery stories from people using regenexx. I highly recommend checking it out if you want to strengthen and regrow connective tissue. Amazing stuff.

I tore my medial meniscus when I was 22 hyperextending my knee when I overshot the landing of a motocross jump on a hardtail mtb. He offered surgery or non. Had the MRI in hand when I walked into my doc's office. I said no to scope, he said fine, you're off it for six months. No sports, no climbing, no gym, just walk and wear a brace. Took 5 years to heal. If I could go back and do it again, I would have had the damn thing scoped. When I shredded my patella, it only took a year to heal(other leg). More acute pain, more of a pain in the ass, more loss in mobility initially, but when I healed a year later, I was strong. Without surgery, sometimes it just takes too long.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

So we're prescribing treatment when the OP doesn't have a diagnosis of what's wrong with his knee. We don't even know if his knee is still bothering him.

It's definitely knee aids. Since he hasn't posted since, it's fair to assume it killed him.

Dyin-Betus.