Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Pretty cool that BCA offers the trade in for old/defective beacons.
    Just curious - can anyone else confirm that BCA offers trade-in for functional transceivers (no known issues) that are outside of the warranty period?

Canon USA has a program like this with their cameras - give them a camera that's either broken or out of warranty and they will sell you a factory refurbished, in new condition, product for a discounted price. I'd be stoked if BCA offered a similar transceiver refresh program.

Tracker DTS is warrantied for 5 years; mine is 8 years old. Even though it's my backup, I put it on my girlfriend and other friends a handful of times a season ... I always do a 4-function transceiver test* at trailhead if the equipment hasn't been tested within the last few days, but I'd definitely feel better using a product within warranty.

I'll email BCA and see if they give me a response on this.

* = Battery reading, Rx of leader's transceiver with a reasonable distance reading displayed, directional indicator rotates if the leader's transceiver is rotated, and leader can pick up the Tx signal as the person skins past.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Yes they do; see below:

We absolutely do have and upgrade program where you can send back your beacons and receive wholesale pricing on any of our new beacons. I’ve listed the pricing below. IF you’d like to take advantage of this deal, please send me your shipping address, billing address, and phone number and I’ll get back to you with a return authorization number and instructions on where to send your apparently antiquated beacons. Please let me know if you need anything else or have any questions.
    Sorry, I forgot to write them in, please let me know what you’d be interested in.

DTS $143.00
    T2 $180.00
    T3
    $200.0

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Just curious - can anyone else confirm that BCA offers trade-in for functional transceivers (no known issues) that are outside of the warranty period?
    Yep, that exactly what the OP did; traded in old Tracker DTS for new Tracker 3 for $200 (plus shipping and taxes.).
    "PC Load Letter, what the fuck does that mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by encore View Post
    Yep, that exactly what the OP did
    Not exactly, his was known to have issues. Mine has no observed issues, which is why I asked for clarification..

However, this is encouraging and really good news! I'll check w/ the warranty dept for that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by goathead View Post
    Yes they do; see below:

We absolutely do have and upgrade program where you can send back your beacons and receive wholesale pricing on any of our new beacons.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

My Tracker DTS had this same issue, sent it back to BCA and got a new Tracker 2 for $180. Opted for the T2 over the T3 as I have experience using friends' T2s when practicing.