BACKCOUNTRY HABITS SURVEY – AVALANCHE RESCUE

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, relatively new poster.

I’m trying to gather some information for a research project to help improve avalanche rescue technology. If you could help out by completing the following survey your time would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to include them here. All comments will be read and considered.

The survey should only take a few minutes.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s/uKgEJswn

Just a bit of background on the survey:
    In my spare time (as a hobby) i like to design new products based around user needs. The project is in its absolute infancy, so there is no known target or equipment/aspect I’ve started to focus on yet. I’m simply trying to recognize patters and trends in the data I collect. The collected data is for nobody except for myself. I will use this data to form a basis of what area within backcountry travel/avalanche rescue i want to focus on.

Please leave detailed comments if you have the time. I read every response thoroughly and take on board suggestions and criticism. So if you think I've done a shit job, please let me know how much of a &$^@ I am.

I realize terrain selection and understanding is often (almost always) more important than gear/training. However, this is outside the scope of this project.

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by StashWiz View Post
    Hi Guys,

I read every response thoroughly and take on board suggestions and criticism. So if you think I've done a shit job, please let me know how much of a &$^@ I am.

Thankyou
    [/COLOR]
    I think your survey sucks ass

Pretty gay, typical over thinking city slicker nonsense.

I answered it over at Epic, but being the asshole that I am, all my answers were wrong.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ask not what the maggots can do for u
    but......
    is never a bad jong technique
    strong work on the font front though
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Lame

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, relatively new poster.

I’m trying to gather some information for a research project to help improve avalanche rescue technology. If you could help out by completing the following survey your time would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to include them here. All comments will be read and considered.

The survey should only take a few minutes.

http://kwiksurveys.com/s/uKgEJswn

Just a bit of background on the survey:
    In my spare time (as a hobby) i like to design new products based around user needs. The project is in its absolute infancy, so there is no known target or equipment/aspect I’ve started to focus on yet. I’m simply trying to recognize patters and trends in the data I collect. The collected data is for nobody except for myself. I will use this data to form a basis of what area within backcountry travel/avalanche rescue i want to focus on.

Please leave detailed comments if you have the time. I read every response thoroughly and take on board suggestions and criticism. So if you think I've done a shit job, please let me know how much of a &$^@ I am.

I realize terrain selection and understanding is often (almost always) more important than gear/training. However, this is outside the scope of this project.

Thankyou
    Proofread your survey
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

The project is in its absolute infancy, so there is no known target or equipment/aspect I’ve started to focus on yet. I’m simply trying to recognize patters and trends in the data I collect. The collected data is for nobody except for myself. I will use this data to form a basis of what area within backcountry travel/avalanche rescue i want to focus on.
    Maybe try spending enough time in the backcountry with enough different partners that you have an idea of what people need?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos