Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^ Chicks dig scars.... Good luck.

Probably make you more masculine too 😉
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    Probably make you more masculine too
    I need all the help I can get. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Gnar. I have a problem with a few repetitive facial ingrown hairs, one got staph in it and swelled up overnight to the size of a large grape. Wow. Drain in cheek ext. Feel ya.

Dermatologists I have seen blow off the condition like it is minor, but I am sick of ingrown hairs and can't rock a beard.

Old Goat any Beta?
    I get the same. My beard hairs grow in these massive clumps (3-6 hairs all from the same follicle, with the whole bundle wrapped up in this "sheath" of skin). They're fucking gross. And the hairs grow in all sorts of crazy directions, usually sideways and into the skin. The official term is pilli multigemini. If that's what is happening to you, it's worth doing some reading. The best thing you can do is embrace the beard. Or just embrace some stubble. I stopped shaving with a blade years ago which was a HUGE help. I just use a quality buzzer and buzz it down to a 5 o'clock shadow every couple days.

I get probably 2-3 ingrowns per month on average. And about once a month, one of them will usually get vicious, then turn cystic, then swell up from the size of a pea to an olive. Once had to get a cortisone shot into my jaw, but never had to get an actual drain.

When they do show up, I dig them out with needle point tweezers. Every night, after a hot shower (so face is soft), I carefully search and feel around my chin/jaw for any hair follicles that are tender or turning red cause that means they're 1-2 days away from getting inflamed. I dig out the hairs that are underneath the red spot, squeeze out the pus and blood, and they're usually fine by morning. I also scrub my face pretty aggressively in the shower with a nylon surgical brush which helps exfoliate and "free" some hairs that are trapped just under the epidermal surface.

Ingrowns are a pain in the ass. I actually turned down a career fire fighter job offer and one of the major reasons was I would have had to be clean shaven daily.

Flyoverland - sorry to hijack your post man. Good luck with the surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Hey Scotty B they make something called a wound vac that does just that (amongst other things)....
    Damn it, now I have to invent something else.
    watch out for snakes

I even had a kewl name for it, Puss E vac.
    watch out for snakes

Surgery complete. My friend was the anesthetist, she knocked me the fuck out with propofal for an hour. Surgeon was a maestro, I have a minimal 3" scar. One day of pain, then nothing.

I am now hyper-vigilant of every little zit and ingrown hair, no way I'm going through this again.

party time
    watch out for snakes