Thread: BC/Park ski

BC/Park ski

Hey Folks,

I'm trying to decided on a touring ski for this season.

Something right around 100 or 105 underfoot, lightweight, and - importantly - not necessarily one directional. I'm interested in the 4frnt Raven but am worried about its capabilities skiing and landing switch.

I think my ideal ski would be a Raven (never skied them but enjoy the concept) crossed with a 190 Line Bacon. I skied my friends 184 Bacons last year and really enjoyed the tail and the turn radius but all together a little soft and noodly for my taste.

Ringing any bells?

I don't know the industry that well these days and am coming up short in my google searching so I figure I'd throw it out to the community.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Voile X7 perhaps?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448462307.545174.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	172360

The Voile X7 at 190 looks pretty tasty. A slightly tighter turn radius (20m) would be great but it's hard to be choosy with a 190 uphill oriented ski.

Also it's really hard to get a feel for these new models when there aren't reviews and I can't get my hands on them myself.

Also a little more $$ than in hoping to spend. (Again, the trouble with a first edition ski) Have any other manufacturers done something similar in the past couple years? I'm hoping not to spend any more than $350

Anyone else with thoughts? I'd consider something like the Mordecai 193 but hoping for stiffer and cheaper (2016 skis are a pipe dream)

The X7 is basically the V6 with a more twin tail afaik, I know Big Steve and a number of others have good things to say about the V6. Haven't ridden a pair myself but have fondled many in the stores (they're local here in SLC) and they are a nice looking product, hand flex is perhaps "medium stiff" and they at least appear to be well-made.

Down Throwdown series?

Fatypus M5

4frnt devestator

Seriously? Devestator? By BC do you mean skinning in the backyard? That ski is fucking heavy.

The Down Throwdown series looks pretty tight! I'd never even heard of them. Handmade in the E.U. Has anyone seen these in the North America?

Also Fatypus M5 looks quality. Super quick turn radius.

Not sure about the devestator but I'm definitely looking for something uphill oriented. Also on the stiffer side. Does 'medium stiff' on the x7 mean 'medium stiffness' of 'medium to stiff' ?

Thanks for all the input folks

Bump

Black Crows Atris.

107mm, semi twinned, super playful but stable, relatively stiffish yet light.

#bestskiever

The floggings will continue until morale improves.