Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: The Euro is cheap, buy your Dynafits from Telemark Pyrenees.

Just picked up a couple pairs of Dynafit Speed Turn 2.0s for $200 plus shipping, worked out to about $220/per. Speed radicals and radical 1.0 ST also cheap. Hard to find a better price, even if I end up getting hit for customs fees.

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/...ingbindings/f/

* Edited to add - code ski-10 gets another 10% off bindings.
    Last edited by miserywhip; 11-22-2015 at 09:06 PM.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

You can fight customs by saying that tech bindings are cross country bindings = no customs.

How much do you guys normally get hit with by customs fees? I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on some of this stuff...

Bought skis and bindings from them several times, never any duty

And how long does it take to ship from EU?

Quote Originally Posted by jt520814 View Post
    How much do you guys normally get hit with by customs fees? I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on some of this stuff...
    Its not that big of a deal to fight it. Send in a form to the shipping company and a week or two of waiting and done. Really easy in my experience (done it twice).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Its not that big of a deal to fight it. Send in a form to the shipping company and a week or two of waiting and done. Really easy in my experience (done it twice).
    Except for when the delivery person essentially holds your gear hostage: pay the company right there on the spot at your doorstep or watch you precious ski gear go back into the delivery van.
    (I'm not sure if that is the norm, but that did happen to me several years ago -- can't remember though if was UPS, FedEx, or DHL...)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

PSA: The Euro is cheap, buy your Dynafits from Telemark Pyrenees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Except for when the delivery person essentially holds your gear hostage: pay the company right there on the spot at your doorstep or watch you precious ski gear go back into the delivery van.
    (I'm not sure if that is the norm, but that did happen to me several years ago -- can't remember though if was UPS, FedEx, or DHL...)
    Wierd. Both times mine got delivered and then I got an invoice from the shipping company for the customs fees.

I've been hit by customs every time I've ordered from TP and just this past week also got hit by customs fees for the Down group buy we just did. Comes to about 2-3% of declared order value. The shipment is held at the regional DHL warehouse until you go online and pay the fee. They then deliver the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    Comes to about 2-3% of declared order value.
    that's not bad at all!

10% off ski gear with code SKI-10. Kingpins 13's under $400 shipped.

Placed order on Saturday, will reply with shipping time/customs fees when they're received.
    voltaire

If shipped by FedEx or UPS there can be brokerage fees, which are separate from customs duties.

Nice find.

I'd be surprised if Dynafit doesn't see a large drop off in NA orders after this fall/winter. If I was a US dealer, I'd be telling them to fuck themselves silly when they come looking for '16/'17 orders.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I'd be surprised if Dynafit doesn't see a large drop off in NA orders after this fall/winter. If I was a US dealer, I'd be telling them to fuck themselves silly when they come looking for '16/'17 orders.
    Yep. I'd imagine dealers are feeling it already. I suggested T-P to a buddy in the market for new bindings several months ago based on the exchange rate rationale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My experience is 2 bindings and one pair of boots with no fees, but it does seem to be quite variable.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^stoked your in and anticipating a sweet hut experience
    there was a maggot in the resort lot selling them cheap outta the trunk
    pm rontele w/ the code bonus14dong
    4 hookup
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You got the code wrong.

"bonus4dong"

That will get you the rontele hookup

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    10% off ski gear with code SKI-10. Kingpins 13's under $400 shipped.
    Yup. Sprung for that. Cochise boots this summer had no fees.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

What does it mean "inc VAT" what is VAT?

Value Added Tax - short answer is "euro sales tax"

Look at the ex VAT prices for shipping to U.S. - it automatically changes in your cart when you elect shipment to the U.S.

My package, ordered on Saturday, had delivery attempted today. I say attempted because the lovely UPS delivery man/woman apparently decided not to knock (I was sitting 15 feet away) and just stuck the notice on my door.

They're declaring that I owe $22.85 on delivery. Not sure what part of that is the duty and how much is a "brokerage fee," which I understand is UPS charging me for the paperwork of having cleared my goods through customs. I have the option of going to a Customs and Border Protection port of entry to clear it myself, which I might do just because the brokerage fee bullshit is lame - they charge you for a service you never elected. And apparently they tell many people that it is "required" to do it through them, though it is not.
    voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    Look at the ex VAT prices for shipping to U.S. - it automatically changes in your cart when you elect shipment to the U.S.

My package, ordered on Saturday, had delivery attempted today. I say attempted because the lovely UPS delivery man/woman apparently decided not to knock (I was sitting 15 feet away) and just stuck the notice on my door.

They're declaring that I owe $22.85 on delivery. Not sure what part of that is the duty and how much is a "brokerage fee," which I understand is UPS charging me for the paperwork of having cleared my goods through customs. I have the option of going to a Customs and Border Protection port of entry to clear it myself, which I might do just because the brokerage fee bullshit is lame - they charge you for a service you never elected. And apparently they tell many people that it is "required" to do it through them, though it is not.
    What was the total $ of your order?

Ahh, sorry. $503 for two pairs of speed turn 2.0s and an ice axe. Makes 4.5% - though that includes the brokerage fee, not just the customs fee.
    voltaire