Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    last weekend I had to get in to the lot at 7:30 to not have to park miles away. crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    And if you opt to ski Stevens I'd try and get there at the latest 8am...

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    last weekend I had to get in to the lot at 7:30 to not have to park miles away. crazy.
    Yep...been some crazy pent up demand this year. Strangely, I have found President's Weekend to be more mellow in recent years. Like everyone heads out of town.

Will see how much fresh falls on top of that nice crust which will form tonight.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Skip out on the shit show called Stevens and meet me at the Windy Hill tomorrow. I'll show you a good time. And if you opt to ski Stevens I'd try and get there at the latest 8am...
    FWIW, Saturday on President's Day weekend is without fail the busiest day of the year at Mission. One of the only days I almost never ski.

Damn, I guess I need to arrive earlier than I thought. Leaving from north seattle. The windy hill is a possibility, I've never skied there before, just not sure the family is up to the drive although we only need to return to leavenworth at the end of the day. True to its name, the forecast there is for "breezy" on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    FWIW, Saturday on President's Day weekend is without fail the busiest day of the year at Mission. One of the only days I almost never ski.
    Yeah, I normally would not ski this day either, but it's the only day this weekend that looks half way decent and my sons really want to go, which is a good thing.

Leavenworth isn't much father from Mission than Steven's.

If you search a little you'll probably find some Wenatchee motel deals with lift tix at MR. Used to do it with my kids when they were little. Super fun and can be cheap, although holiday weekend might be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    Damn, I guess I need to arrive earlier than I thought. Leaving from north seattle. The windy hill is a possibility, I've never skied there before, just not sure the family is up to the drive although we only need to return to leavenworth at the end of the day. True to its name, the forecast there is for "breezy" on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    What's that squishy sound?
    Squishy snow at Summit North this morning, wetish at the base, but snow fell on the padded seats.
    Edelweiss skied quite well and we ended up skiing more laps then expected due to -h- Maggette developing lab-chasing-a-ball tendencies.
    Nice rolling around with Big Steve and the Mrs and a lap with JT Goat as well.

Leavenworth isn't much father from Mission than Steven's.
    I was planning on hitting up Stevens on the way over and Mission on Monday, but Monday's forecast is not looking great right now. Still a possibility though. Talked to the other families who are going with us and they have 5th graders who slide for free at Stevens so at least tomorrow I'll be there super early. Thanks for the advice on arrival time, which is earlier than I had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Yep...been some crazy pent up demand this year. Strangely, I have found President's Weekend to be more mellow in recent years. Like everyone heads out of town.

Will see how much fresh falls on top of that nice crust which will form tonight.
    Yep, oddly deserted today at Xtal. Never waited to get on a lift. Shredded pow and did a few sweet untracked laps in Southback. Who cares that you hit bottom of the refrozen when you got about 10" of pow on top. Was way better than I had anticipated. I give it 3 snowflakes on the Buster 4 flake scale!

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^^This. What a pleasant surprise! Not only was it oddly deserted but it seemed that the few who were in attendance were not out in search of freshies.

Some surprisingly untracked zones even late into the day.

Same with alpy. Stunned to find the place so empty, often with many empty chairs in a row on c2. First tracks down felsen and wasn't even trying to get there early. Fun day of slashing around in the schmoo, vertfest festivities, demoing a bunch of touring skis. Tomorrow's forecast looking quite poor for the race though.

White Pass was pretty busy, but the powderhounds definitely were not out. About 5 inches of creamy windbuff in the open with the trees being better for the most part. Took my sweet time getting laps of untouched pow while the crowd skied the groomers. Some sort of twilight zone in the cascades today I guess. It didn't suck.

Maybe everyone was stuck on the Mt. Baker Hwy instead of lapping their home resorts today:
    http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...area/80339526/

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    White Pass was pretty busy, but the powderhounds definitely were not out. About 5 inches of creamy windbuff in the open with the trees being better for the most part. Took my sweet time getting laps of untouched pow while the crowd skied the groomers. Some sort of twilight zone in the cascades today I guess. It didn't suck.
    Nice! Shaping up to be a kickass day tomorrow at my little hill! Will report back with my findings tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Maybe everyone was stuck on the Mt. Baker Hwy instead of lapping their home resorts today:
    http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...area/80339526/
    What a sweet story for those kids to tell later.

Wow... 100+ mph wind gusts overnight at the top of Mission Ridge with a peak of 126. I guess they call it the 'Windy Hill' for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Wow... 100+ mph wind gusts overnight at the top of Mission Ridge with a peak of 126. I guess they call it the 'Windy Hill' for a reason...
    It was howling in town last night, the house was literally shaking and the big picture windows in my living room were audibly vibrating. I got up at 330 and it was 55f! Most of the snow in town is now gone with this Chinook. Kept me up a good portion of the night it was so loud.

My daughter and I did slay the Badger on Saturday for a few hours. Fun, softening wet granular bumps. Great cheeseburgers with grilled onions.

It was howling in town last night, the house was literally shaking and the big picture windows in my living room were audibly vibrating. I got up at 330 and it was 55f! Most of the snow in town is now gone with this Chinook. Kept me up a good portion of the night it was so loud.

My daughter and I did slay the Badger on Saturday for a few hours. Fun, softening wet granular bumps. Great cheeseburgers with grilled onions.
    My driveway is a river right now. Amazing to watch all the snow disappear so quickly.

My driveway is a river right now. Amazing to watch all the snow disappear so quickly.
    Even early this morning is seemed you could watch the snow sublimate with the warm winds.

32 and rainy in Winthrop when I woke up. Now no rain or wind but

Tapatalk fail. Getting warm up here but hopefully not into the 50s.

Even early this morning is seemed you could watch the snow sublimate with the warm winds.
    When we went to bed last night we had close to 2' of snow in my front yard. This morning it was pretty much gone. Crazy.

When we went to bed last night we had close to 2' of snow in my front yard. This morning it was pretty much gone. Crazy.
    Same here, My 5' foot snow berm is almost gone. The rest of the snow is completely gone. Chinooks, the eat snow.

8-10" of fresh yesterday that turned to glop by1pm. Super foggy so trees were where it was at. The morning turns were awesome though. Warm as shit today in town. I'm ready for winter to come back.